Thread: What side do you take? Martin Necas/Janne Kuokkanen vs. 4th overall/Pavel Zacha.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default What side do you take? Martin Necas/Janne Kuokkanen vs. 4th overall/Pavel Zacha.

This is for this year's NHL prospect draft and exposed lists on our team that consists of 7 exposed if you were a playoff bound team, and six if you were a non playoff team. 32 team league as of this year due to the Seattle Kraken expansion.

Again the deal is his Pavel Zacha and his 4th overall pick for my Martin Necas and Janne Kuokkanen.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: What side do you take? Martin Necas/Janne Kuokkanen vs. 4th overall/Pavel Zacha.

The battle of the CZE's and it's not close IMO. Keep Necas thank you very much. Hard pass on this one.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: What side do you take? Martin Necas/Janne Kuokkanen vs. 4th overall/Pavel Zacha.

I don't plan on protecting Janne Kuokkanen, so it's Zacha/4th overall for Necas. Zacha had 10 goals and 16 points in his last 17 games. So you still wouldn't do it given this information?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    I don't plan on protecting Janne Kuokkanen, so it's Zacha/4th overall for Necas. Zacha had 10 goals and 16 points in his last 17 games. So you still wouldn't do it given this information?
    I'd still pass. Necas has been on an upward trend his whole career while Zacha has been mostly downward prior to this season where he's had an upward dip for the first time. And thats notably in a year where Hischier was injured for a lot - unlikely that Zacha sees a similar opportunity any time soon as he is behind both Hischier and Hughes.

4th overall is nice, but in such a poorly scouted year with so many questions I'm hesitant to bank on it.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Another vote for holding onto Necas
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Necas side, not close.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm in the Necas camp as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks for your opinions guys.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jshed2 View Post
    I'd still pass. Necas has been on an upward trend his whole career while Zacha has been mostly downward prior to this season where he's had an upward dip for the first time. And thats notably in a year where Hischier was injured for a lot - unlikely that Zacha sees a similar opportunity any time soon as he is behind both Hischier and Hughes.

4th overall is nice, but in such a poorly scouted year with so many questions I'm hesitant to bank on it.
    I didn't go into detail. jshed2 did and he's bang on! I'd add that not only is this years crop of rookies poorly scouted, it's not of the quality that we saw last year. All these guys are years away (perhaps with the exception of Owen Power) of having fantasy relevance.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm super happy to own Zacha, getting him very late in the draft. However, I have to agree with the previous posters. Necas, Necas and more Necas.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah deal has been squashed. I am keeping Marty Necas. Why I asked, because I was feeling queasy. How the heck do I rep people? lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mdratch View Post
    I'm super happy to own Zacha, getting him very late in the draft. However, I have to agree with the previous posters. Necas, Necas and more Necas.
    Happy to have you as my first. <3

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Glad you turned it down, it wouldn't have been a good deal for you.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Who do you realistically expect to draft at 4th overall?

Take that into consideration...

Then it becomes Zacha and ______ vs Necas.

I think the idea of picking 4th overall is more exciting concept and makes the trade sound better.

Once you insert a name the trade will not be as appealing.

Necas is the better side!