Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Good return for the 1st overall rookie pick this year?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Good return for the 1st overall rookie pick this year?

This is a good assessment. Do we know if Perfetti played W in the AHL? I see a strong projection line to success in WPG if he plays W but not C. Either way, my trade partner seems unwilling to part with either Perfetti or Boldy. On to Holtz
    12 team dynasty, H2H points, no cap, no max games
    12F (4 slots per pos), 6D, 2G, 32 players + 21 minor slots, minors eligibility <80 GP
    G: 4 / A: 2 / / Blk, Hit, SOG: 0.5 / Goalie W: 3 / Shutout: 1 / STP: 1 / SV% >.92: 1 / SV: 0.25

C: Eichel, Trochek, Barzal, Suzuki,
    W: Draisaitl, Ehlers, Dubois, Buchnevich, Necas, Debrusk, McCann, Jarvis
    D: Hughes, Morissey, Chychrun, Bouchard, Pionk, Parayko, McNabb
    G: Ullmark, Hart, Grubauer, Korpisalo

Prospects:
    Knies, Reichel, Kemell, Robertson
    Sandstrom

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by snaxwell View Post
    This is a good assessment. Do we know if Perfetti played W in the AHL? I see a strong projection line to success in WPG if he plays W but not C. Either way, my trade partner seems unwilling to part with either Perfetti or Boldy. On to Holtz
    Center I believe. The Jets are trying to develop him as a centerman, but that also doesn't mean he can't be used as a winger. Stastny's probably not coming back and the verdict is still out on PLD. Even if the Jets sign him to a bridge "prove it" deal, it's not as if Perfetti can't leapfrog him as early as this upcoming 2021/22 NHL season. PLD suuuuucked for Winnipeg.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    Center I believe. The Jets are trying to develop him as a centerman, but that also doesn't mean he can't be used as a winger. Stastny's probably not coming back and the verdict is still out on PLD. Even if the Jets sign him to a bridge "prove it" deal, it's not as if Perfetti can't leapfrog him as early as this upcoming 2021/22 NHL season. PLD suuuuucked for Winnipeg.

can I have some of what you smoking?
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    can I have some of what you smoking?
    What did I say that's wrong? PLD has been bad this season. Stastny may not return next year, and Perfetti constantly got better as the AHL season progressed. 22 points in his last 22 games. 18 in his last 14, and 13 points in a span of 7 April games, which led to him winning AHL Rookie of the Month honours. Kid is insanely smart and talented. Not like he's some late 1st or later rounds pick. He's a top 5-10 pick. Yeah some teams passed up on him, but that doesn't mean that other teams didn't see him earlier if they had an earlier pick. Many scouts and so-called "experts" had him going potentially in the top 5.

I am just saying, if PLD can't get over this hump, which is probably learning and adapting to his new team's systems and linemates, it's not out of the realm of possibility to believe that a prospect like Cole can play into the top-six. Jason Robertson played into the top-six in Dallas. Who here can say they saw that?

Or go back further, who thought Jesper Bratt would make it as a Draft +2 year as an NHL regular being a 6th round pick.

Again, I am going based on hypotheticals, and potentially what could happen. Again, nobody expected that Perfetti would become the Manitoba Moose's best skater in his Draft +1 year. When he was drafted the idea was he would play another year in the O, even though some people thought he could make a push for a spot on the Jets at camp. I wasn't one of those people, but yeah, given what he's shown with the Moose, I can see it in his Draft +2 year.

It's not like what I said is a definitive. lol
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.