Thread: Wilson for Fiala

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Wilson for Fiala

Dynasty League Team in sig.

My Wilson for his Fiala

Not sure if the timing is right to move Wilson, especially in a league that counts pims, hits, misconducts. What happens if Ovie doesn't resign, and the Caps begin to reshape their aging roster? How would that affect Wilson?

This is really one of the better offers I've had for Wilson, but not sure of Fiala's upside yet, but he is still only 24. Also, Wilson will always be one hit away from another lengthy suspension.

Looking for feedback on these 2.

Thanks
    16 Team Dynasty, Roto Auction Cap League, Farm and Prospect systems.
    G, A, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, DPts, BS, Hits, FOW, Pims, Majors, Shifts, Shootout goals,
    Saves, Wins, OT wins, Save%, GAA, S/O, Shootout Saves,

C: Matthews, Couture, Nelson, Hayes
    W: Draisaitl, Duclair, Hall, Fiala, Marchessault, Voracek, Jeannot, Clutterbuck
    D: Makar, Hronek, Nurse, Cernak, Klingberg, Roy
    G: Demko, Shesterkin, Vanacek
    Prospects: Stutzle, Byfield, Lundell, Brink, Dufour, Madden, Milano, Addison, Alexeyev, Bahl, Farrance, Lundkvist, L. Thompson, Fedotov

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Wilson for Fiala

Wilson will win you Pims, Majors, blks and hits. He's comparable to Fiala in shots. Could squeak out FOW. He gets about 20G and 40PTS. Fiala will get more PP time. Fiala will get you more G, and A. The only worry for me with Wilson is his longevity. Guys who play the way he plays start declining faster. So maybe he has another good 5 years of Wilson play? I think Fiala will be consistently 60 points with a good chance at 80 points.

In my fantasy leagues that have hits/pims/blks/hits Wilson is a stud and very hard to acquire. If you are competing for a title in the next 2-4 years I would keep Wilson. Then deal him when he hits around 30-31 yrs old or earlier if disturbingly declining. Good Luck.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Superstar

In your format Wilson's is vastly more valuable than Fiala. I'm not worried about Wilson continuing to do what he does for the next three years and projecting out further than that is not advised. On the other side, I'm just not as bullish on Fiala as others are. I'm still waiting for him to show he's better than a 55 - 60 pt forward and we do have a large sample size here, he will go into his 6th NHL season next year. Fiala is a good hockey player and he may improve a bit, but he is not an elite offensive contributor IMO. If I'm moving Wilson in a banger league, and he is an elite asset in those types of leagues, then I want an elite asset coming back. This is an easy pass for me.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I like Wilson. I also note that you have a lot of "skill" guys and I think Wilson gives you better coverage on the stat lines that you are weaker on.