Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another Keeper Thread

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Another Keeper Thread

Need opinions on who to keep from the team in the signature.
    Keep 10 all of farm is also protected.
    12 team weekly head to head keeper
    Stats: G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, +/-, PIM, W, S%, GAA, SO
    Keep 10 plus farm
    Set rosters Daily

C: Kuzy, DStrome, Hischier, Rossi
    LW: Ehlers, Perron, Mangiapane, Nyquist
    RW: Bratt, Caufield, Marchessault, Granlund
    D: Chychrun, Toews, Carlson, Slavin
    G: Hart, Kuemper, Lindgren

IR: Newhook, Sergachev

Minors: Tomasino, CPrimeau, Dorofeyev, Evans, Bedard, Kulich, Protas, Eklund, Neighbours, ABoqvist, Greig, Bourque, Benson, Samoskevich, Askarov, Spence, Soderstrom, Silvos, Jarventie, Bourgault, Simashev, Gajan, Olausson, Brisson, Reinbacher, Pinelli, CSavoie, Stankoven, Suzdalev

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Another Keeper Thread

Kuzy, Couturier, Hischier, Ehlers, Vrana, Chychrun, Ellis, Toews, Sergachev

Those are my top 9, and then either Cirelli or Dumba as your last one.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

That is a solid farm, good thing they are all protected... from your 10 though... there is less to be desired I guess in a keep 10 situation...

Ehlers, Chychrun are the 2 staples.
    The other 8 however... not the most ideal selection... but here is who I'd go with...
    Hischier, Vrana, Sergachev, Couturier, Kuzy, Ellis, Toews... and then either Mrazek or Ullmark depending on who they end up with...

I would look at maybe moving a farm player for an upgrade to your keepers? All depends if you want to compete next season or wait for your farm to get roster / keeper ready...

Good luck!
    12 Team - Dynasty H2H Category
    Skaters CAT: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    Goalies CAT: W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Roster: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, Util, 2G, 5BN, 3IR

C: Crosby, Stuetzle, RNH, Couturier
    LW: Ovechkin, Guentzel, Toffoli, Knies
    RW: Fiala, Perron, DeBrusk, Zuccarello
    D: Seider, Hronek, Pietrangelo, Heiskanen, McAvoy, Chychrun
    Util: Ekholm
    G: Vanecek, Gustavsson, UPL, Lyon, Forsburg
    Blue = Bench / Red = IR
    (Also in 2x 1-yr leagues but they aren't important)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Supremo View Post
    That is a solid farm, good thing they are all protected... from your 10 though... there is less to be desired I guess in a keep 10 situation...

Ehlers, Chychrun are the 2 staples.
    The other 8 however... not the most ideal selection... but here is who I'd go with...
    Hischier, Vrana, Sergachev, Couturier, Kuzy, Ellis, Toews... and then either Mrazek or Ullmark depending on who they end up with...

I would look at maybe moving a farm player for an upgrade to your keepers? All depends if you want to compete next season or wait for your farm to get roster / keeper ready...

Good luck!
    I've been lucky to draft decently over a few years and then end up in this perpetual rebuilding. Can't seem to make the right moves to get over the hump as when I have dealt a prospect I end up dealing the one that blows up and then the players I get don't pan out. So I've started shifting into a "hoard all the nuts" mentality which has just pushed me to a point where next year I'm going to have to make tough decisions on quite a few players that I could keep for free this year but next year won't be farm eligible.
    I'm not sure if I'll have the ability to know where Mrazek or Ullmark end up before our keepers are due. In a normal year we submit our keepers on June 1.
    12 team weekly head to head keeper
    Stats: G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, +/-, PIM, W, S%, GAA, SO
    Keep 10 plus farm
    Set rosters Daily

C: Kuzy, DStrome, Hischier, Rossi
    LW: Ehlers, Perron, Mangiapane, Nyquist
    RW: Bratt, Caufield, Marchessault, Granlund
    D: Chychrun, Toews, Carlson, Slavin
    G: Hart, Kuemper, Lindgren

IR: Newhook, Sergachev

Minors: Tomasino, CPrimeau, Dorofeyev, Evans, Bedard, Kulich, Protas, Eklund, Neighbours, ABoqvist, Greig, Bourque, Benson, Samoskevich, Askarov, Spence, Soderstrom, Silvos, Jarventie, Bourgault, Simashev, Gajan, Olausson, Brisson, Reinbacher, Pinelli, CSavoie, Stankoven, Suzdalev

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

C: Kuzy, Couturier, Cirelli, Hischier
    LW: Ehlers, Vrana, Iaffalo, Bratt
    RW: Dadonov
    D: Chychrun, Ellis, Toews, Sergachev, Dumba
    G: Mrazek, Dubnyk, Ullmark, Lankinen

I usually like to keep a decent amount of D... but keeping all 5 of yours is not something I would usually do.

But given the others on your roster, I think keeping all the D and focusing on G and F in the draft is where I would go.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'll go Kuznestsov, Couturier, Hischier, Ehlers and Vrana up front. Chyhrun, Ellis, Toews and Sergachev on the back end. In a 12 team keeper I'm thinking quality goaltending is likely hard to find so I'm inclined to keep Mrazek over Dumba. You also have a farm that has players that should contribute to your team as early as next year but certainly after that. I would focus on trying to improve your goaltending at the draft table or in trades. You certainly have lots of assets on the farm to do that with and you might even package up a prospect with a vet whether protected or not. I think you need to seriously consider turning some of those "horded nuts" into players that will produce for you no later than next year. Sitting on numerous prospects can blow up on you, you need a balance of bona fide NHLers and prospects. Your a little lite on bonafide NHLers.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I'll go Kuznestsov, Couturier, Hischier, Ehlers and Vrana up front. Chyhrun, Ellis, Toews and Sergachev on the back end. In a 12 team keeper I'm thinking quality goaltending is likely hard to find so I'm inclined to keep Mrazek over Dumba. You also have a farm that has players that should contribute to your team as early as next year but certainly after that. I would focus on trying to improve your goaltending at the draft table or in trades. You certainly have lots of assets on the farm to do that with and you might even package up a prospect with a vet whether protected or not. I think you need to seriously consider turning some of those "horded nuts" into players that will produce for you no later than next year. Sitting on numerous prospects can blow up on you, you need a balance of bona fide NHLers and prospects. Your a little lite on bonafide NHLers.
    I like this list and agree about likely needing to keep a Goalie.

Dobber Sports Genius

Agree with Bubba55, keeping either Mrazek or Ullmark instead of a D man.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Titan

In a 12 team league, just redraft guys like Mrazek or Ullmark a few rounds in. No point keeping one at the cost of a better skater.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    In a 12 team league, just redraft guys like Mrazek or Ullmark a few rounds in. No point keeping one at the cost of a better skater.
    Is Dumba really that much better of a skater?
    2023 Champ
    11 Teams - 24 player rosters - 12 Keepers (max 2 goalies)
    Yahoo rotisserie - 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN ,2IR
    G, A, PPP, SHP, HITS, +-, PIM, BK, GS, W,GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Lindholm, Stephenson, Norris
    LW: Robertson,
    Fiala, Bertuzzi, Boldy,
    RW: Miller, Tarasenko, Seguin, Ehlers
    D: Hamilton, Karlsson,
    Bouchard, Nurse, Dobson, Larsson
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin
    B: Husso, Tippett, McCabe, TT.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by COLT.45 View Post
    Is Dumba really that much better of a skater?
    Yes.

Mrazek - much uncertainty here. Carolina's net looks like Ned will get a decent percentage of the starts if not majority.

Ullmark - still plays for Buffalo, so he likely isn't a top target of anyone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agree with EB - gotta be some other better goalies thrown back as well. You need to see if you can trade for a high end forward - better than ehlers and Kuzy - add one of your top prospects. 12 team league I don't think you have a top 25 player.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Yes.

Mrazek - much uncertainty here. Carolina's net looks like Ned will get a decent percentage of the starts if not majority.

Ullmark - still plays for Buffalo, so he likely isn't a top target of anyone.
    I suppose in a silo you could say Dumba is better, however last season OP carried 4 goalies. I would rather go in the draft looking to fill one D slot (based of their current roster #'s) and have a solid 1a/b option already locked in.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by COLT.45 View Post
    I suppose in a silo you could say Dumba is better, however last season OP carried 4 goalies. I would rather go in the draft looking to fill one D slot (based of their current roster #'s) and have a solid 1a/b option already locked in.
    Personal preference here, but in a league with two of the four goalie categories being average based (GAA and sv%), plus another coin flip in SOs, I'm ideally carrying 2 goalies... three at the absolute most.
    Mrazek is also a UFA, so there's no guarantee he's back in the cushy spot with CAR. So with Mrazek having unknown ratios, and Ullmark playing in BUF, neither hugely appeal to me as top-20 goalie options in this setup.

Personal preference here, but in a league with two of the four goalie categories being average based (GAA and sv%), plus another coin flip in SOs, I'm ideally carrying 2 goalies... three at the absolute most.
    Mrazek is also a UFA, so there's no guarantee he's back in the cushy spot with CAR. So with Mrazek having unknown ratios, and Ullmark playing in BUF, neither hugely appeal to me as top-20 goalie options in this setup.
    Makes sense. I was just making an observation on the posted roster. I suspect OP can likely wait till the fall to lock in picks when hopefully there is more clarity on Mrazek's situation.