Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Scheifele to be suspended?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Scheifele to be suspended?

the hit was clean, the intent was right, just the way it happened was not executed in a manner that would seem to match the purpose.

He intended to try and stop the goal. his hands were in, he didn't leap, and didn't contact the head, he didnt stride into Evans. did he need to be going that fast though, thats debatable, it was just happening so quickly.

if the goalie was in, this wouldn't even be an issue, that would have been a hockey play, but because it was already in the goal mere moments before he got cleaned out is untimely for Scheif.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    This right here.

I took a really close look at the play in slo-mo absent of any emotional bias.

1) Sheif didn't appear to waiver from his intended path to try and beat Evens to the right side (his right) of the net to try and prevent the goal
    2) For those saying he didn't try to play the puck... take another look. his stick, to me, follows the trajectory of the puck just prior to the hit. His stick is in the crease (quite clear to me) just prior to contact.
    3) For those saying he left his feet and targetted the head... take another look. With my limited technology avail to slow the hit down, the only time Sheif's feet appear close to leaving the ice is while the impact is taking place. Much like a car hitting a stationary object.
    4) I will say that I do not read, nor have I looked up the definition of charging. BUT... If Evans spins out from behind the net and directly into the path of a full speed Scheifele, is he not somewhat responsible for putting himself in that position?

All happened so quickly but with no previous actions, that I can remember, of Scheifele playing dirty (much unlike the Wilson) comment, I think the hit is definitely unfortunate and scary, but both players contributed to it happening and likely this ends up as a $fine or 1 game max. If Wilson rag dolling Panarin not once but twice after driving Buch's face into the ice from above and behind warrants nothing but a $5K fine, I won't be surprised to see just a fine.

Not the the DOPS has behaved predictably in the past.
    Hope Evans has a speedy and full recovery.
    No, I am not buying your argument on the whole, although it is well presented and you make good points. Scheifele was coming down the ice and the fact that he stopped skating is actually damning, keeping it a one goal game with a minute left was paramount. He stopped skating to line up for a hit with no intention to play the puck. You will never convince me he was playing the puck, his eyes were squarely on Evans the whole time. I don't think he was mad at Evan's in particular just frustrated and made a bad decision that he should pay a price of more than one game. Not up to me, see what the league does. One game wouldn't surprise me but I think 2 at the minimum would be better.
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by renello View Post
    I can't understand why someone would call that a clean hit. That was a hit with pure intent to injure. Scheifele needs to get suspended for 4 games minimum. He had no intention of playing the puck, he was there in time to prevent the goal but just lined evans up and went right through him. His skates were off the ice through the hit. I was hoping for chearing Winnipeg but now will chear on Montreal, just so that Scheifele will feel the humilation of watching his team lose. A few shots to the head if he comes back to play will not hurt as much as losing the series and knowing you were a large part of that defeat. I like the fast game being played today with more smaller players doing well in the league, connor, ehlers, caufield types excel today. I like hitting but brain dead plays like this have no place in the game.
    And you know this how? Do you also believe this strongly that Perry intended on Kneeing Tavares in the head? I find it hilarious how people make such mater of fact claims which only the players involved can truly define.
    And "regarding his zero intent to play the puck"... yet his stick followed the puck... same matter of fact statement on something only Scheifele knows for sure.
    and "Lined Evans up and went straight through him"... I saw Mark lining himself up to get to the right goal post before evans to try and prevent the empty netter on that side. He committed to that side of the net and could not have done anything about it if Evans slammed on the brakes and tried to back track and slip it in the left side. From my viewing of the replay, I think there is justification in suggesting that Evans' action on the ice from behind the net was to turn into Scheifele's path to try and beat him to the open side of the net and score. He did so and split seconds later, paid the price with the impact that just as easily could have injured Scheif.
    I didn't see his skates leave the ice until both were travelling THROUGH the impact. See for yourself here... his skates were NOT off the ice as he prepared for impact. Scheif vs Evans.jpg

just say'n... stick follows the trajectory of the puck... Scheif is gliding, not actively skating shortly after entering the zone and based on the snap shot I was able to find, didn't leave his feet until the force of the hit travelled through them both ...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    the hit was clean, the intent was right, just the way it happened was not executed in a manner that would seem to match the purpose.

He intended to try and stop the goal. his hands were in, he didn't leap, and didn't contact the head, he didnt stride into Evans. did he need to be going that fast though, thats debatable, it was just happening so quickly.

if the goalie was in, this would even be an issue, that would have been a hockey play, but because it was already in the goal mere moments before he got cleaned out is untimely for Scheif.
    I can't explain this any better. Well put. I'm merely saying that the video evidence, to me, doesn't suggest intent to injure and actually supports him trying to play the puck and stop a goal. Evans turned into him. Unfortunate and Scary but slowed down, didn't seem dirty to me.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post

if the goalie was in, this would even be an issue, that would have been a hockey play, but because it was already in the goal mere moments before he got cleaned out is untimely for Scheif.
    Thank you for your input and your opinion. My equally valuable opinion is that this is, simply put, an alarming take on what went on with this hit. Is this Paul Maurice using a pseudonym by chance?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Thank you for your input and your opinion. My equally valuable opinion is that this is, simply put, an alarming take on what went on with this hit. Is this Paul Maurice using a pseudonym by chance?
    hahaha, no. i wouldn't come anywhere close to a forum if i was a coach...

there's allot of differing opinions on this one all over teh place, so i take no exception to any criticism.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

And you know this how? Do you also believe this strongly that Perry intended on Kneeing Tavares in the head? I find it hilarious how people make such mater of fact claims which only the players involved can truly define.
    And "regarding his zero intent to play the puck"... yet his stick followed the puck... same matter of fact statement on something only Scheifele knows for sure.
    and "Lined Evans up and went straight through him"... I saw Mark lining himself up to get to the right goal post before evans to try and prevent the empty netter on that side. He committed to that side of the net and could not have done anything about it if Evans slammed on the brakes and tried to back track and slip it in the left side. From my viewing of the replay, I think there is justification in suggesting that Evans' action on the ice from behind the net was to turn into Scheifele's path to try and beat him to the open side of the net and score. He did so and split seconds later, paid the price with the impact that just as easily could have injured Scheif.
    I didn't see his skates leave the ice until both were travelling THROUGH the impact. See for yourself here... his skates were NOT off the ice as he prepared for impact. Scheif vs Evans.jpg

just say'n... stick follows the trajectory of the puck... Scheif is gliding, not actively skating shortly after entering the zone and based on the snap shot I was able to find, didn't leave his feet until the force of the hit travelled through them both ...
    From what I can see, he has no intention of playing the puck. In the second picture the puck is still not in the goal, Scheifele's stick is far from the puck and he prepares his check.

evans1.jpgevans2.jpgevans3.jpg
    Points Only Keep 8 league with 8 teams.
    25 Man Roster, Best 12F-6D-2G count

F - Kucherov, Panarin, Aho, Svechnikov
    , Gaudreau, Kaprizov
    D - Josi

G - Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by C4RL View Post
    From what I can see, he has no intention of playing the puck. In the second picture the puck is still not in the goal, Scheifele's stick is far from the puck and he prepares his check.

evans1.jpgevans2.jpgevans3.jpg
    Great breakdown... I wish Scheifele would have just knocked the puck of his stick... picked it up and went and scored and tied the game!!

That would have been exciting!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Screenshots are always a dangerous thing, but I think it's pretty clear Schefeile 1) could have played the puck with his stick if he wanted to and 2) didn't want to. Across pictures 1-3, Scheifele's stick is moving away from the puck as the puck gets closer to him because he's not focused on playing the puck.

Dobber Sports Sage

I can't explain this any better. Well put. I'm merely saying that the video evidence, to me, doesn't suggest intent to injure and actually supports him trying to play the puck and stop a goal. Evans turned into him. Unfortunate and Scary but slowed down, didn't seem dirty to me.
    Evan's turned to score a freaking goal! A goal that was so obvious to Scheifele and maybe could have maybe prevented had he played the puck, but instead choose to take out his frustration and run through him. Their professionals and Scheifele knew full well what he was doing and the outcomes that come with it. Final minute of the game so a penalty means shit.

Scheifele had ample time to choose a better decision and didn't. These are exactly the choices the league needs to address. Reckless and highly preventable.
    It's not really the hit you got to look at but the entire play itself.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Titan

Watch in real time and see how much time passed between Evans behind the net to scoring. It's like 0.5s, that's the amount of time Scheifele has to make a decision of hitting vs poke check. He meant the hit, I don't know if he had the time to process "Abandon the hit plan, I think I have to pokecheck here"
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

It's hilarious that most of the people I've seen defending Scheifele are Leaf fans. Hockey is as tribal as ever.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It's hilarious that most of the people I've seen defending Scheifele are Leaf fans. Hockey is as tribal as ever.
    haha.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Watch in real time and see how much time passed between Evans behind the net to scoring. It's like 0.5s, that's the amount of time Scheifele has to make a decision of hitting vs poke check. He meant the hit, I don't know if he had the time to process "Abandon the hit plan, I think I have to pokecheck here"
    Right. His intention was always to make the hit whether it prevented a goal or not. I agree.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Leafs fans, Jets fans, hockey fans... it surely is tribal!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​