Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Scheifele to be suspended?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Scheifele to be suspended?

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/statu...75153070657537

is this really worth a suspension? seems to me Evans has the puck and is trying to score in the empty net. Should Scheifele just give up on the play and avoid contact? There's still about a minute left in the game

he has a hearing already schedule, but not in person. Max would be 5 games

https://www.tsn.ca/winnipeg-jets-for...vans-1.1649139
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Scheifele to be suspended?

This was very unsportsmanlike. The purpose of the game is to get the puck, not knock people over who are beating you. I lost a lot of respect for Schiefele right there.

And an ugly fall for Evans, hope he's ok.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

That was a dirty hit. Schiefele did not look like he had any intent on trying to play the puck there.
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by renello View Post
    That was a dirty hit. Schiefele did not look like he had any intent on trying to play the puck there.
    outside of the injury, is there that much of a difference between someone trying to dislodge the puck from someone along the boards? or people getting hit after they have moved the puck - finishing their check if you will.

seems he hit him square in the chest, no head contact either.
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

D:
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Titan

Call me part of the few, but the hit was clean. The intent was wrong though, and I do think Scheif accepted they would score and decided to just hit someone. I don't think it was charging, but the actual rule is so vague it can be used here.

Scheif is having a hearing, and won't be in person so the max games he can get is 5games. This should be a crossroad for the NHL where they will suspend someone because the pretext around the play and not the play itself. That's what is happening with this hit. The league/public is upset about the stuff that's happening outside the hit, and not the hit.

However, the league will go forward with picking and choosing what they accept and don't. There will be something where the player gets up from a similar hit and no one will care. Or there will be a goalie in the net and then no one calls for a suspension. These are all factors outside of the hit that are effecting if the play warrants a suspension.

My guess pre-hearing announcement was less than 5, I'll guess 2. 1 game goes for the fact it happened with 50s left in the game, the 2nd game is for "NHL reasons".
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Call me part of the few, but the hit was clean. The intent was wrong though, and I do think Scheif accepted they would score and decided to just hit someone. I don't think it was charging, but the actual rule is so vague it can be used here.

Scheif is having a hearing, and won't be in person so the max games he can get is 5games. This should be a crossroad for the NHL where they will suspend someone because the pretext around the play and not the play itself. That's what is happening with this hit. The league/public is upset about the stuff that's happening outside the hit, and not the hit.

However, the league will go forward with picking and choosing what they accept and don't. There will be something where the player gets up from a similar hit and no one will care. Or there will be a goalie in the net and then no one calls for a suspension. These are all factors outside of the hit that are effecting if the play warrants a suspension.

My guess pre-hearing announcement was less than 5, I'll guess 2. 1 game goes for the fact it happened with 50s left in the game, the 2nd game is for "NHL reasons".
    DOPS just makes up their own rules as they go. Zero consistency.
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

D:
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

I'll guess 2. 1 game goes for the fact it happened with 50s left in the game, the 2nd game is for "NHL reasons".
    I agree with everything you wrote except for the "intent being wrong." Players finishing their check and making unnecessary checks happens just about every shift and even moreso in the playoffs. I doubt Schief would have made the hit if he knew the injury Evans would sustain. It was an odd play of racing to stop an empty net goal.

My thought was- who is Schiefele going to have to fight when he comes back?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Is it a rule that you have to try playing the puck? There are lots of players that never have any intent of trying to play puck when they rack up hits.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Who cares. The NHL reaps what they sow. Let the players kill each other for our entertainment as that appears to be what they want.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Who cares. The NHL reaps what they sow. Let the players kill each other for our entertainment as that appears to be what they want.
    Or we could put figure skates on everyone and let them wear dresses and implement a social distancing limit at all times while on the ice.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

If the game is called like a regular season game and calls Scheifele on goalie interference or roughing or whatever when he jams hard at Price who has the puck obviously covered, is he still heated to the point he is on this hit? Just a thought.

The NHL pushes this "Playoff Hockey" mentality where you play hard to the end of every whistle, then 5s after the whistle. You play the same team, make them remember you this game for the next! Stuff like this makes me dislike how playoffs are called because the post-season pushes this "Things get dialed up" then we freak out at the player who "dials things up". I know there's a line, and this doesn't give you a license to kill, but I wonder what the phycological point of allowing things to go farther than normal and praising it until an injury happens.

I'm kind of babbling, but I've had this thought in football and UFC athletes. You push these athletes to be ruthless, and don't teach them to turn it off when the games done and they do something off field and we're like "OMG HOW COULD HE". This is kind of on that level. We praise the playoff warrior and how they're playing with that edge now. But when they do something "too hard", we freak out, but never really teach them where too far is once the playoffs hit. You go all season knowing the line, then the line just gets pushed further away and the players are learning what the line is until they cross it. But we don't like them when they don't find that line.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Demi-God

For me, NHL (DOPS) has to make a point of decision-making that helps the future of NHL hockey.
    Giving a minimum # game suspension gets the point across that this sort of full-rush contact towards a player isn't wanted.

(There's lots of arguments/topics towards whether the hit was clean, that Evans should've been prepared for a check, that it's playoff hockey...)

But ultimately - we need players to have safer consideration towards all opposing players in all conditions.
    And for me, Scheifele (and any player) should get a suspension for this. My 2 cents.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    For me, NHL (DOPS) has to make a point of decision-making that helps the future of NHL hockey.
    Giving a minimum # game suspension gets the point across that this sort of full-rush contact towards a player isn't wanted.

(There's lots of arguments/topics towards whether the hit was clean, that Evans should've been prepared for a check, that it's playoff hockey...)

But ultimately - we need players to have safer consideration towards all opposing players in all conditions.
    And for me, Scheifele (and any player) should get a suspension for this. My 2 cents.
    so you are suggesting only half-rush contact be allowed? the rules are intentionally vague to allow the individual ref room to make calls.

with the game only getting faster, you can't ask a player to always slow down before making contact, at that rate, you might as well just take hitting out of the game
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

D:
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Fighting in hockey is way down... and I still find the game to be as exciting as ever.

NHL professionals are high-end skaters. What they can do with their body control (even at high speeds) is amazing.
    The hitting can be safer for any hockey player that makes an effort to practice safer hitting.
    Same thing applies in NFL/college football - the league AND players have both been getting better at targeting/blind-hits and the injuries from them.
    The NHL and its players can do likewise.

Dobber Sports Deity

Sounds a lot like Wilson hits LOL! Especially the one from earlier this season that he got a 5k fine for.

I expect Scheifele will get one game, tops.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."