Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Scheifele to be suspended?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Scheifele to be suspended?

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Again, hitting is PART OF THE GAME! It's not comparable to getting robbed! Make better analogies.

Hitting vulnerable players is NOT part of the game. Hence suspension.

EDIT to your edit: plz... McDavid would of scored and been on the bench before Scheifele got there :P
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Right...
    Players will always be in vulnerable positions throughout the game. It's just going to be like that. Just can't be open season when someone is found with their head down (for one example). I don't think it's going to take away from the game.
    Well…while I won’t disagree about “can’t be open season…” it also can’t be something to utilize to gain and edge. NHL players never stop trying to gain an upper hand. Those that do aren’t in the NHL anymore. The problem is that not every NHL mind works the same. We have all seen players who are never wrapped up in any controversy (either side). We all know players that will walk the line on the physicality edge because, perhaps, that’s their most valuable trait keeping them in the NHL (Kadri antics come to mind). Players who play on the edge of recklessness and know how to manipulate the rules in their favor (Sean Avery comes to mind more than once) and others still who fail to take appropriate accountability for their own safety which puts themselves and others in danger.

I constantly hear NHL players admit that there is an accepted level of risk when participating in the sport and each player has a responsibility to contribute to their fellow player safety as well as their own safety.

A player playing reckless in a fast contact sport is bound to get hurt regardless of how. Success lies largely with the players.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Well…while I won’t disagree about “can’t be open season…” it also can’t be something to utilize to gain and edge. NHL players never stop trying to gain an upper hand. Those that do aren’t in the NHL anymore. The problem is that not every NHL mind works the same. We have all seen players who are never wrapped up in any controversy (either side). We all know players that will walk the line on the physicality edge because, perhaps, that’s their most valuable trait keeping them in the NHL (Kadri antics come to mind). Players who play on the edge of recklessness and know how to manipulate the rules in their favor (Sean Avery comes to mind more than once) and others still who fail to take appropriate accountability for their own safety which puts themselves and others in danger.

I constantly hear NHL players admit that there is an accepted level of risk when participating in the sport and each player has a responsibility to contribute to their fellow player safety as well as their own safety.

A player playing reckless in a fast contact sport is bound to get hurt regardless of how. Success lies largely with the players.
    The whole player mindset needs to change and I see this period as a transition period. I think an issue is clarity too. (I don't know if true) but someone posted how Jets players were yelling that he should of had his head up (while Wheeler was yelling back at them to shut up). That mentality doesn't fly anymore as it just leads to an increase in serious injuries. I'm blaming the league/DOPS on this one for not being perfectly clear and direct about this, to get players all on the same page.

Around the net area players are going to be extra vulnerable trying to make goal scoring plays and players need to account for that. I don't think a hit play should ever trump a scoring play. I think the change will be subtle to the end viewer.

At the same time yes, it would be very unsportsmanlike for a player to abuse a rule. I see no reason why a ref could not call that as such.

The Great One

Just a few current and former NHL players (you know...actually play/played in the NHL) who have gone on record as saying the hit was dirty and dangerous:
    Carlo Colaiacovo
    Jonathan Hubredeau
    Brandon Carlo
    Martin Biron
    Matt Barnaby (!!!)
    Edit - Georges Laraque

So Sean Avery and Mike Commodore, two noted renaissance men, are not really moving the needle on making this or these Neanderthal opinions worth jack shit.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Sage

Had to go hear the Barnaby one just because of the player he was.

Best suspension prediction has to go to someone in the comment section.

"4 games, but 2 games if you use the Biz20 promo code" lolol

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Just a few current and former NHL players (you know...actually play/played in the NHL) who have gone on record as saying the hit was dirty and dangerous:
    Carlo Colaiacovo
    Jonathan Hubredeau
    Brandon Carlo
    Martin Biron
    Matt Barnaby (!!!)

So Sean Avery and Mike Commodore, two noted renaissance men, are not really moving the needle on making this or these Neanderthal opinions worth jack shit.
    2 current players. Actually playing the game … currently. Not nearly enough if the goal is to Foster change in the league.

Having said that, this thread has run It’s course for me. Everyone has an opinion (seems to be 3 general camps here which was also sited in 31 thoughts) and neither camp seems to want to give the other’s opinion the time of day. I don’t see this thread changing anything. Primarily because no one’s opinion HERE is worth jack shit (as Tweety said about the 2 former player above), an opinion he’s entitled to have I suppose. I hope Evans is ok and will be eager to see he and Scheifele both back on the ice sooner than later so they can experience the ass whooping Colorado or Vegas is going to dole out.

Have a nice day.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    ...so they can experience the ass whooping Colorado or Vegas is going to dole out.
    Sadly, this is 100% correct.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Lmao Scheifele is suspended for game 1 of next season.

Administrator

Scheifele watching the opening game from high up in the arena:

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Lmao Scheifele is suspended for game 1 of next season.
    So I wont pick him in my POOL…
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev