Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    No one loves Raty anymore?
    Matthew Berniers
    William Eklund
    Fabian Lysell
    Dylan Guenther
    Kent Johnson/Aatu Räty
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Top forwards in 2021 draft?

Well, I guess I'll make my first post here about the upcoming draft which I have been working hard on studying!

For forwards, Eklund is my number one, followed by Johnson, Beniers, Guenther, and Lysell.

And I'll throw two sleepers in there with Isak Rosen and Matthew Coronato.

Dobber Sports Ace

Hi, all. In reading this thread, it seems like everyone is just as divided here as the rest of the rankings are all over the internet.

This leads me to my question: If you had the top pick in this year's fantasy draft (2021 draft class only), would you draft Jesper Wallstedt first overall? (16 team, full dynasty league, with the same salary cap and cap hits as the NHL.)

In most years, drafting a goalie in the top ten, let alone first overall, is a reach. With no consensus top fantasy pick this year, though, is this guy the guy to roll the dice on?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    Hi, all. In reading this thread, it seems like everyone is just as divided here as the rest of the rankings are all over the internet.

This leads me to my question: If you had the top pick in this year's fantasy draft (2021 draft class only), would you draft Jesper Wallstedt first overall? (16 team, full dynasty league, with the same salary cap and cap hits as the NHL.)

In most years, drafting a goalie in the top ten, let alone first overall, is a reach. With no consensus top fantasy pick this year, though, is this guy the guy to roll the dice on?

Yes I would and am in a similar boat where Ive got a 1-5 lottery pick and have already resolved to go Wally at any pick...

Dobber Sports Genius

I definitely would top 5 and if I had first overall I would trade down 1 or 2 spots because I know that in my pools I’m in NOBODY has ever drafted a goalie 1st overall. So if I had a top 2 pick I would try and deal it for something like 5th-7th++. I usually get a good handle on what GMs are taking in the first 10 picks. Just a thought. (Btw Askarov went the highest ever at 7th overall in 1 of my pools so a top 5 pick should be safe to get him for me. Who knows tho.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Legend

Need to see where these kids land first, if possible. Situation will play a key part in their success, especially early on.

My Top-5 are:

1. Guenther
    2. Eklund
    3. Johnson
    4. McTavish
    5. Berniers
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Initiate

I have the first ov in my draft (full multi-cat) and if Beniers goes to Seattle he will be my pick.
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Initiate

I still might land the 4th overall pick and I already have been eyeing him there. So not that crazy.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Icon

Definitely not. If you want Wallstedt that bad, then trade down for anything. He will be there at 5 and possibly even at 10. I also prefer Cossa over Wallstedt. Don't waste a first overall pick on someone who will be useless to you for at least 2 more years.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Definitely not. If you want Wallstedt that bad, then trade down for anything. He will be there at 5 and possibly even at 10. I also prefer Cossa over Wallstedt. Don't waste a first overall pick on someone who will be useless to you for at least 2 more years.
    cossa will be useless for 5…. Both good prospects but one has few years exp agains men…other is just a baby
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Rookie

I don't agree that Wallstedt is available after pick 6. The trend is that amateur scouting seems to be more reliably identifying premium goalie prospects - they seem to be going earlier in both the NHL and Fantasy drafts.

My salaried dynasty league (12 teams, 25 man roster with 35 man minors + 3 years of draft selections) has seen the first premium goalie prospect going earlier and earlier...

5 - Askarov
    33 - Commesso

5 - Knight
    18 - Sogaard
    34 - Jones

23 - Rodrigue
    28 - Skarek
    31 - Dostal

15 - Oettinger
    18 - DiPietro
    21 - Luukkonen

22 - Hart

Wallstedt compares to both Askarov and Knight from my readings.

Maybe the depth of format and 3 years of junior development without taking a roster spot push for more boom/bust picks in my pool than others...