Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Running sneakers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Running sneakers

I'm in the market for a new pair. I'm pretty much a treadmill runner, if that matters. Wide foot.

What is your go to brand for running shoes? Any particular model from that brand?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Running sneakers

im a big Brooks fan due to its large toe box. I use the Glycerin line

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Deity

I've noticed Brooks is a highly rated shoe. I'm surprised at that. For the longest time I thought they were like a cheap ass sneaker LOL. Maybe they're making a comeback.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Brooks or Hoka's are the best.

Dobber Sports Stud

Ive had Hokas as well too cushiony for my liking

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Ninja

Shoes are insanely personal.

I ran in Altra for the past quite a few years as they were low drop and tons of space in the toe box, and I could get 1500kms out of a pair before I needed to get new ones. However, I have popped around with a few other brands now due to some achilles issues, and the zero drop aggravates it.

You really just need to find anything that fits you well and go with that. I've tried Saucony (Kinvaras have been my goto treadmill shoe as of late), Adidas, Hoka (squished my toes too much, but have not tried them in years and heard they got better in that regard), New Balance, and more recently Topo (wider toe box trail shoe, but has some drop to it, which has been nice. Had durability issues), and I have very little attachment to any particular pair overall to be honest.

Dobber Sports Sage

New Balance
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Initiate

Depends, are you flat footed like me or have an arch. I love Asics, because they have great pronation shoes for arch support. I used to be an advid runner, even training and running marathons, going as far as a half marathon (13.5 miles) and looking to get back into it. I started back in the Fall and then the lockdown happened and we went into Winter. But yeah, I am trying to get back into it. Mostly been biking so far this Spring and walking the dog over long distances to keep up with the cardio. Asics are usually on the top of most runners list. Saucony also makes good runners. I have owned Nike, Reebok, and New Balance, and in my personal experience and going by other runners here, Asics and Saucony usually are the better choices. They tend to hold up better from my personal experience. I have had nothing but bad luck with the other major brands.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    im a big Brooks fan due to its large toe box. I use the Glycerin line
    Big fan of Glycerins as well and they are the most comfortable shoes I have every worn. I get new high-end running shoes every year and alternate between Brooks, Hoka, Asics, and Mizuno. All are very good but the Glycerins are the best. I'd go either Brooks or Mizuno if I were focusing on one brand.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Has anyone gotten shoes from a place like Running Room? I've heard they're somewhat experts and will really tailor to your foot and run style....

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont think I've ever heard of the Hoka brand of shoe. I'll have to investigate those. Thanks!

To be honest, I am not sure if I am flat footed or not. I dont believe I am but I've never really been tested for it. I dont have a big foot (size 8) but I have a wide foot so that is important to me and something I need to deal with when trying them on. And yes, it's going to vary from person to person, and shoes are personal, but I am more looking for a brand YOU prefer so I can check them out to see if they might work for me.

My last pair of running shoes were Under Armour and they are comfortable but I found the back part of the shoe inside (right at my achilles tendon) had shifted inside the fabric or something because it feels different now.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I run alot and alternate between Brooks and Hoka. As I mentioned above these are the 2 best shoes I found for ME. Between the comfort, fit and overall experience they've been the best. I would put New Balance 3rd. Not a bad shoe at all but I just prefer Hoka. I paid about $150 for the Hoka I believe, and over a $100 for the Brooks. I alternate the two shoes. Anyway, look into Hoka. May not be for you or you could be pleasantly happy you did. I know when I was told about them, I took a look and soooo glad I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont think I've ever heard of the Hoka brand of shoe. I'll have to investigate those. Thanks!

To be honest, I am not sure if I am flat footed or not. I dont believe I am but I've never really been tested for it. I dont have a big foot (size 8) but I have a wide foot so that is important to me and something I need to deal with when trying them on. And yes, it's going to vary from person to person, and shoes are personal, but I am more looking for a brand YOU prefer so I can check them out to see if they might work for me.

My last pair of running shoes were Under Armour and they are comfortable but I found the back part of the shoe inside (right at my achilles tendon) had shifted inside the fabric or something because it feels different now.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend of Hockeytown View Post
    I run alot and alternate between Brooks and Hoka. As I mentioned above these are the 2 best shoes I found for ME. Between the comfort, fit and overall experience they've been the best. I would put New Balance 3rd. Not a bad shoe at all but I just prefer Hoka. I paid about $150 for the Hoka I believe, and over a $100 for the Brooks. I alternate the two shoes. Anyway, look into Hoka. May not be for you or you could be pleasantly happy you did. I know when I was told about them, I took a look and soooo glad I did.
    I am definitely going to look into this brand. Never heard of it either.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Totally agree running shoes are a personal choice. Used to be a runner. Now at 65 I’m a walker and treadmill guy.
    ASICS Gel Cumulus provide me with excellent forefoot cushioning and room in the tie box. I have a wide foot.
    I walk 7-10k daily outside and then 5 fall, winter months in the gym , an hour 3x week on the treadmill. ASICS last me about a year.
    Tried Adidas and Nike. Too narrow and poor longevity.
    Tried Saucony this past year. Very comfortable except the foam sole wears down quickly.
    Have read great things about Hoka one of the top rated shoes. However my only shopping choice is Sport Chek, Sport Chek and Sport Chek. They continually have something on sale so I just wait for ASICS to be on sale.

We do have The Running Room locally. They do a great job of fitting. However their store here is very small, (small choice of brands) and a little expensive.

Best of luck. Cheers
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Strome, Haula
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Svechnikov-RW/LW, Hathaway
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Benoit, Schneider, Burroughs
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Titan

I've been Nike since 2005, then went to Under Armour for a pair like 5yrs ago and constantly rolled my ankle because the heel was higher than I'm used to. Went back to Nike's and am fine.

Gym shoes, walking shoes, casual shoes, running shoes, basketball shoes are all Nike.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll