Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is Cole Perfetti's upside?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: What is Cole Perfetti's upside?

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    You probably should have gotten more fro Meier considering the wait on prospects in Wpg. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Perfetti is another year - at least from stepping into the Wpg line-up full time and grabbing a prominent role.

Also won't be shocked to see him move to wing if he is ready to get him into the line up - it happens often - See Nylander.
    It's a pretty set top 9 in Wpg already.
    Perhaps, but the league has it out for me. Or it feels that way. Also, the deal was with a friend, so I didn't want to take advantage of him. I felt that Meier for Perfetti today was more than fair given what I saw from Timo this season and how he got his points. I am not a fan of said player's game. But that's not to say I don't think he can't be a solid 30-30 guy. I just don't like the way he thinks the game. I much prefer Cole's vision and how he attacks the game.

I have been a constant winner in this league, so the league has been on my ass and made me pay more in areas where I see other guys get away with paying less. Thank goodness my strength is in signing guys.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I said before the draft that I thought this kid was going to be a superstar in the mould of Steve Y. I thought Detroit was going to take him.

I still think he is going to turn into a great player in winnipeg. Sky is the limit here!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Wizard

i know Perfetti is blocked by 2 C in peg but he does not necessarily need to play as a C. He is smallish and i would not be surprised to see him as a wing, Marner type of set up guy on the wing...i dont think he has same upside but if he slides to first or second line he could flirt with PPG at some point. In points only i think its not bad idea to trade him for Meier, in multi cat leagues even if CP reaches full potential Meier still may have more value.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i know Perfetti is blocked by 2 C in peg but he does not necessarily need to play as a C. He is smallish and i would not be surprised to see him as a wing, Marner type of set up guy on the wing...i dont think he has same upside but if he slides to first or second line he could flirt with PPG at some point. In points only i think its not bad idea to trade him for Meier, in multi cat leagues even if CP reaches full potential Meier still may have more value.
    If CP reaches his full potential in no way does Meier beat him in points, even in a multi-cat league. Well in my league, averaging 125 hits at .25 points isn't enough of a difference, and then there's his PIMs, which outside of the playoffs and lower levels has stayed below 50. I feel the best we seen of Timo-Time, was his 18/19 year. I think he maxes out at 70 points, 50 PIMs, 150 hits, and so far he has been a safer bet to be a 55-60 guy. Again, until this past season, I didn't know much about how he played and got his points. What his role was and how he used his linemates. I can go into more details of his game later tonight, because I have to leave and get my bike in for a free tuning at the bike shop, then I am off to visit the mom, since there isn't a lot to do in these lock out times, but I can assure you, if CP reaches his full potential, it won't be close. But again, we're talking about hypotheticals, and we're talking about something that is years off anyway.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    If CP reaches his full potential in no way does Meier beat him in points, even in a multi-cat league. Well in my league, averaging 125 hits at .25 points isn't enough of a difference, and then there's his PIMs, which outside of the playoffs and lower levels has stayed below 50. I feel the best we seen of Timo-Time, was his 18/19 year. I think he maxes out at 70 points, 50 PIMs, 150 hits, and so far he has been a safer bet to be a 55-60 guy. Again, until this past season, I didn't know much about how he played and got his points. What his role was and how he used his linemates. I can go into more details of his game later tonight, because I have to leave and get my bike in for a free tuning at the bike shop, then I am off to visit the mom, since there isn't a lot to do in these lock out times, but I can assure you, if CP reaches his full potential, it won't be close. But again, we're talking about hypotheticals, and we're talking about something that is years off anyway.
    well its fine to hype your guy...i dont think CP will have more value in multicat than Meier...even if Meier caps at 60...and gets all the stats you listed +250 SoG...he will be always more valuable then one denominational player. But as i said in points only i dont mind the gamble..thats assuming you not planing to compete for few years.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    well its fine to hype your guy...i dont think CP will have more value in multicat than Meier...even if Meier caps at 60...and gets all the stats you listed +250 SoG...he will be always more valuable then one denominational player. But as i said in points only i dont mind the gamble..thats assuming you not planing to compete for few years.
    My league doesn't count shots on goal, and who's to say Perfetti doesn't get around that? It's not hyping my guy up. Just speaking truths of what his expectations are and what he's done so far, and what the kind of player Meier was. Have you seen Timo? Actual watch him. There is a reason why Cole went in the top 10 of a deep draft, and was on some lists top 5... Guy had the best Hlinka tournament and was the best rookie at his age (arguably) in the No. 1 developmental league for the NHL on a team that wasn't that great. Cole's trajectory is looking very promising and the talent and hockey brains backs it up. I always liked Perfetti more than Meier. Why we do these kind of deals. You trade for guys before they blow up, so you don't pay the Marner or Marner-lite prices later. My point is, it's worth the gamble based on the eye-test, stats, and the skill of the player. If I didn't believe in the player, then yes, the deal made no sense to do as Meier is an established 30 goal, 66 point producer. Albeit it was two years ago. I believe I can still compete with my roster.

This is my roster right now...

32 team league as soon as the 21/22 season... 24 player rosters...

FWD PATRICK KANE 1
    FWD LEON DRAISAITL - C 2
    FWD BLAKE WHEELER 3
    FWD JANNE KUOKKANEN
    FWD DYLAN COZENS 4
    FWD EVGENI MALKIN - A 5
    FWD DYLAN LARKIN 6
    FWD COLE PERFETTI 7
    FWD EVANDER KANE 8
    FWD MARTIN NECAS 9
    DEF ROMAN JOSI 10
    DEF VICTOR HEDMAN - A 11
    DEF NICK LEDDY
    DEF ZACH WHITECLOUD
    DEF NICOLAS BEAUDIN
    DEF JARED SPURGEON 13
    ENF PHILIPP KURASHEV
    ENF JOHN LEONARD
    GOL LINUS ULLMARK 14
    GOL CONNOR HELLEBUYCK 15
    RES SHANE PINTO 16
    RES MARTIN KAUT
    RES EKIL THOMAS
    RES DAWSON MERCER 12

Numbers represent my protection list. lol

Anyway I have to go.
    Last edited by Eli26; June 25, 2021 at 5:10 AM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I feel like with some smart drafting, some tweaks made in signings and trades, regardless where Perfetti lands, I can challenge for the Cup. I was the top team from the past two seasons, minus this year, which was a crapshow. lol Injuries, COVID-19, and politics in the league hurt me.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Perhaps, but the league has it out for me. Or it feels that way. Also, the deal was with a friend, so I didn't want to take advantage of him. I felt that Meier for Perfetti today was more than fair given what I saw from Timo this season and how he got his points. I am not a fan of said player's game. But that's not to say I don't think he can't be a solid 30-30 guy. I just don't like the way he thinks the game. I much prefer Cole's vision and how he attacks the game.

I have been a constant winner in this league, so the league has been on my ass and made me pay more in areas where I see other guys get away with paying less. Thank goodness my strength is in signing guys.
    Instead for the next 1-3 years he may have taken advantage of you.
    It's hard to say how fast Perfetti will adjust to the NHL -

IE: Martin Necas
    Drafted 2017.
    2017/18 - most fantasy prospectors gave him a 1yr development pass
    2018/19 - you'll see comments on this forum picking him to potentially win the Calder... hyped prospect
    2019/20 - voices got louder. It's Necas' year. etc. 36 in 64 - a good year, but didn't win anyone their league
    2020/21 - finally delivers on three year old expectations.

In comparison... Perfetti is sitting the end of Necas' 2017/18 season.

I could be totally wrong and he might pop off like Mitch Marner in D+1 (61pts)
    BUT.... those performances are the exception - not the norm.

You should expect a Necas type development curve vs. Marner

9/10 times - The Meier (proven) player wins this deal for 2-3 more seasons while the Perfetti (unproven prospect) continues to develop

If the goal was win tomorrow - that's fine it's a good deal - still risky, but good.
    if the goal was win now - then odds aren't in your favour with this trade for 2021/22 season
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

As for the league being 'out for you' - that's what happens with success.
    Let them come. You just go harder as the challenge increases.

Just because Tom Glavine brought a 84 mph fastball to the mound doesn't mean you didn't have to bring your 'A' game to the plate every at-bat.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Drafted 2017.
    2018/19 - you'll see comments on this forum picking him to potentially win the Calder... hyped prospect
    2019/20 - voices got louder. It's Necas' year. etc. 36 in 64 - a good year, but didn't win anyone their league

9/10 times - The Meier (proven) player wins this deal for 2-3 more seasons while the Perfetti (unproven prospect) continues to develop

If the goal was win tomorrow - that's fine it's a good deal - still risky, but good.
    if the goal was win now - then odds aren't in your favour with this trade for 2021/22 season
    Oh I am very prepared to sit on Cole Perfetti, as I did that with Johnny Gaudreau and Connor Hellebuyck, and I reaped the benefits of both, while still churning out top place finishes. The way he was learning the timing in the league, and adapting, I believe if this was a 76 game AHL season, his production would have been hovering around a point-per-game, keep in mind, how he started and finished out this 32 game season on an otherwise decent Moose team. Honestly, if he does stay down, it's for half of the season. Look at any high-end Jet that has been drafted in the past decade... I feel he's on par with Kyle Connor. Maybe not as big or fast, but he's not Cole Caufield or Johnny Hockey small or Joe Thornton slow either. His hockey head is better than Connor's. I do believe he was taken at top-10 for a reason, and again was on some people's lists to go top 5. Keep in mind, the universal opinion is the Jets got a steal at pick 10 in a deep draft that is deeper than even 2019, and Caufield went 15 there. People are high on the US Cole, and look at what he's done... keep in mind, he's also a Draft +2 player. I get it, the Canadiens depth up front and their top-six isn't Winnipeg's depth or top-six, nor do they have the high-end talent that the Jets have up front.

Again, this was trade for Perfetti now, because what if Timo Meier doesn't get out of this funk and Perfetti does put up 30 points. A guy that is six years younger, that doesn't look far off from what Meier showed, could be viewed as a much better get and have better value.

I am very confident that Cole is going to flourish given his skillset, hockey IQ, and track record/trajectory, that I even added conditions, a very late 2nd in 22, if Perfetti gets 30 points, he gets my second. But if Meier returns to 18/19 form and puts up 65 points, despite what Cole does, I retain that second. Again, this is my buddy. I am fully confident and aware of the potential this could backfire. But I don't see it happening. I feel both teams got a good deal here.
    Last edited by Eli26; June 25, 2021 at 5:12 AM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

As for the league being 'out for you' - that's what happens with success.
    Let them come. You just go harder as the challenge increases.

Just because Tom Glavine brought a 84 mph fastball to the mound doesn't mean you didn't have to bring your 'A' game to the plate every at-bat.
    I agree. Also fun fact, Glavine was drafted by the LA Kings.. could have had a future in hockey had he went down that road, but we all know how it worked out for him. Glavine, Maddux, and Smoltz... What a rotation.

Anyway, where was I, oh yeah, the best revenge is success.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Drafted 2017.

Also Perfetti is 1 year ahead of Necas, based on their birth dates and draft +1 years. Has equaled Necas' ppg AHL production in his 18/19 year vs. 19/20 year, and keep in mind, Perfetti could beat it had the season gone longer. But yeah, even going on that premise, that means Cole should be an NHL regular next year going based on your Martin comparable.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Looking further into Cole Perfetti in his 18/19 Draft +1 year I noticed he produced 22 points in his last 22 games, 18 in his last 14, and finally 13 in 9. Kid is amazing. I really do believe if this was a longer season he could have been closer to matching Mikko Rantanen's Draft +1 production vs. Martin Necas' Draft +2, which tells you just how special he is. Those first 10 games were merely adapting to the time/space changes playing with adult men vs. teenage boys.

Again, not saying he'll become a Rantanen level player, but not saying he won't either. Like Axeman said, none of us have a crystal ball, but it's my belief he can get close to that.