Thread: Who to keep?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Who to keep?

It may be early, but I'm trying to gauge who I should keep for next season. Probably keeping 1. Wins and SO are all that matter. (Getting in the min GP too I guess). First team in sig.

Lehner
    Rask
    Fleury
    Talbot

Thoughts?
    12 team pts league. G(1pt), A(1pt), PPP(1pt), SHP(1pt), GWG(1pt), W(3pts), SO(2pts)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4F, 4D, 2G, 4Bench, 2IR
    Keep any 5 max 3 years

C - McDavid, Backstrom, Tavares, Couturier, Trochek
    RW - Pavelski, Fiala, E. Lindholm
    LW - Landeskog, Palat, E. Kane, Robertson
    D - Hedman, Yandle, Fox, Provorov
    G - Lehner, Rask, MAF, Talbot

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Who to keep?

Well I'm sorry to say this, but if Wins and SO are all that counts, particularly Wins, none of these guys are ideal. MAF and Lehner are likely in a time share, they will both win games but the game load will likely be pretty evenly shared. Rask, well, he may not even be in the league next year and if he is it will be with the reduced work load that we have seen for the last two years. Talbot was on a nice run but with Minny's exit from the playoffs the Wild's goaltending situation going into next year remains clouded, I don't think there is a clear number 1 and if there is, it may not be Talbot. Gun to my head, I'm going with Lehner. He likely has the best chance to take the number 1 spot in Vegas and run with it. But, that's far from a given.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Magnificent One

Just for next season, or does it matter what their value will be in 2022-23 and later?
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Primarily for next season, however, I may keep them going forward.
    12 team pts league. G(1pt), A(1pt), PPP(1pt), SHP(1pt), GWG(1pt), W(3pts), SO(2pts)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4F, 4D, 2G, 4Bench, 2IR
    Keep any 5 max 3 years

C - McDavid, Backstrom, Tavares, Couturier, Trochek
    RW - Pavelski, Fiala, E. Lindholm
    LW - Landeskog, Palat, E. Kane, Robertson
    D - Hedman, Yandle, Fox, Provorov
    G - Lehner, Rask, MAF, Talbot

Dobber Sports Ace

Wait as long as possible but if nothing changes I think Talbot is the safest bet. Homerun is one of Fleury/Lehner... starting to think Lehner doesn't have a full grip on his mental side... I understand that is a lifelong battle, and he always seems to be hurt when Fleury is lights out. Perhaps easier to say hurt than beat out for the #1 spot. Let's be frank here - nearly all goalies are missing screws or have a few loose anyway. For the life of me I don't know why our FH leagues put so much weight in G points. UGH!
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
    It may be early, but I'm trying to gauge who I should keep for next season. Probably keeping 1. Wins and SO are all that matter. (Getting in the min GP too I guess). First team in sig.

Lehner
    Rask
    Fleury
    Talbot

Thoughts?
    Robin Lehner. He is one year removed from being a stud. Rask's future is up in the air, Talbot is trending down and tough to say how good MAF can be. Granted he's very healthy and light... where as Lehner is a very heavy bipolar goalie. Meh, so much risk there.

ALRIGHT! I CONVINCED MYSELF, MAF!!!
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.