Thread: Caufield golf course offer

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Caufield golf course offer

A fellow Gm offered me Cole Caufield for Mikhail Sergachev on the golf course yesterday : ) I will need a very good playing rookie for next season but I am very hesitant to part with Sergachev. Sergachev is trapped behind Hedman but has that potential to be a points stud within the next few years. This is a points only league and we play 3 other gm's head to head every week with 3 def, 7 forwards, 1 vet , 1 rookie and 1 goalie. Scoring D do not grow on trees...I love Caufield but is this too risky to consider? There is no rush on my end to do this either so timing may be better in the fall?
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Caufield golf course offer

The deals that are made on the Golf Course are awesome (:

I actually like this deal for you. Here's why. Your defence is very strong, Sergachev is one of the weaker links and if you only start three, you don't really need him. I don't think Sergachev's situation is going to change anytime soon. Hedman is signed for another 4 years and there is no reason to think that he won't continue to play at an elite level for at least another 2 years, maybe more. That point stud potential for Sergavchev is possible, but not likely IMO for at least a few more years, maybe more. So, Sergachev is expendable. Which brings us to Caulfield. There is some risk here, you know what you have with Sergachev, Caulfiled has no virtually no track record, but the small sample we have seen has been impressive. There is little doubt that Caufield has very high end potential and it is very likely that he will be given the opportunity next year to step into a top 6 role, so the wait for him to kick off his NHL career may indeed be short. That sounds like the "very good playing rookie" you say you need for next year. Again, there is some risk here, but I'm inclined to take that risk given your situation and Caulfield's mix of talent and opportunity.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports All-Star

I’d try to shop Sergachev and see what else is out there. Like you said you have time plus your defence is pretty solid so you’re in a good spot. If at the end of your fishing nothing bit, then I would do that deal. Caufield has potential to get 30+ goals, pp time and shoots a lot. I really do like the depth of your D with Sergachev in there though. Good luck
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Great feedback, I am leaning to accepting at some point but will see if Caufield gets into some playoff games with Toronto and see how he looks..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    The deals that are made on the Golf Course are awesome (:

I actually like this deal for you. Here's why. Your defence is very strong, Sergachev is one of the weaker links and if you only start three, you don't really need him. I don't think Sergachev's situation is going to change anytime soon. Hedman is signed for another 4 years and there is no reason to think that he won't continue to play at an elite level for at least another 2 years, maybe more. That point stud potential for Sergavchev is possible, but not likely IMO for at least a few more years, maybe more. So, Sergachev is expendable. Which brings us to Caulfield. There is some risk here, you know what you have with Sergachev, Caulfiled has no virtually no track record, but the small sample we have seen has been impressive. There is little doubt that Caufield has very high end potential and it is very likely that he will be given the opportunity next year to step into a top 6 role, so the wait for him to kick off his NHL career may indeed be short. That sounds like the "very good playing rookie" you say you need for next year. Again, there is some risk here, but I'm inclined to take that risk given your situation and Caulfield's mix of talent and opportunity.
    - - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the feedback!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    I’d try to shop Sergachev and see what else is out there. Like you said you have time plus your defence is pretty solid so you’re in a good spot. If at the end of your fishing nothing bit, then I would do that deal. Caufield has potential to get 30+ goals, pp time and shoots a lot. I really do like the depth of your D with Sergachev in there though. Good luck
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

The Great One

I'd make that trade. Bubba55 said it all.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ace

Caufield in the lineup tonight skating with Susie and Armia.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk