Thread: Trading Crosby in Dynasty

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trading Crosby in Dynasty

I brought home the championship in my dynasty league this year and definitely think I can repeat and continue to contend with the youth I have. Crosby played a big role in my winnings this year but I do think now is the time to get the most possible value for him in trade with whatever he has left in the tank. Has anyone made any trades involving Crosby?

I tried testing the waters a bit but no bites yet. Who would you guys be going after?

Team and settings in Sig
    10 Team Dynasty

Forward scoring in sig pic (D premium - G +1, A +1)

Min eligibility - 164 GP skt, 82 GP g

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Ek, Nelson
    , D Strome, Hayton, Novak
    RW Kempe, Verhaege, Batherson, Buchnevich, Tippett, Barbashev, Seguin

LW B Tkachuck, Forsberg, DeBrusk, Rakell, Jeannot, McCann
    D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling
    G Oettinger, Sorokin, Lindgren, Daccord
    MIN Zetterlund, But, Cuylle, Nikishin, Mukhamadullin, Morrow, Bonk, Simashev, B
    Clarke, Nadeau, Afanasyev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Trading Crosby in Dynasty

Will rep
    10 Team Dynasty

Forward scoring in sig pic (D premium - G +1, A +1)

Min eligibility - 164 GP skt, 82 GP g

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Ek, Nelson
    , D Strome, Hayton, Novak
    RW Kempe, Verhaege, Batherson, Buchnevich, Tippett, Barbashev, Seguin

LW B Tkachuck, Forsberg, DeBrusk, Rakell, Jeannot, McCann
    D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling
    G Oettinger, Sorokin, Lindgren, Daccord
    MIN Zetterlund, But, Cuylle, Nikishin, Mukhamadullin, Morrow, Bonk, Simashev, B
    Clarke, Nadeau, Afanasyev

Dobber Sports Star

if youre contending id just run it back. crosby is 34 so you likely wont get what you deem is fair value for what is the best player of the last generation. better to just run him out there until hes no longer keeper worthy. hes still 14th in dobber's keeper rankings
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Im in the same spot as you. I've won back to back to back championships and had too many keepers at years end. Ive got Sid and was gonna run it back with him because his age was getting up there but recently bit the bullet and dealt him and barrie for Huberdeau. Straight up. I may have overpaid on Hubs (depending on who you ask) but I like the deal for both sides.

It wouldn't hurt to see if anyone is interested in Sid and you could always work with a GM to make something happen that'd help both sides. Or if everyone is lowballin you keep him and continue to enjoy his PPG status!

Dobber Sports All-Star

Keep shopping but it’s not the worst thing in the world if Sid is back on your team. As long as he’s producing the Pens will be contenders so Burke and co. will try and add pieces to win. Good luck
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Genius

You either keep him and be happy with that, or, you trade him for an injured star player. Think Crosby for Eichel this past deadline (if the Eichel owner was going for it). Think Crosby for Seguin past January.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Padawan

Crosby is still scoring at over a point-per-game pace. I'd only trade him at this point if someone came to you with a player that can equal that kind of production. Even then, players over 30 are always going to be undervalued in dynasty leagues, so he's probably worth more on your roster than on the trade market. If you find yourself out of contention next season, then you should definitely shop him, though.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    if youre contending id just run it back. crosby is 34 so you likely wont get what you deem is fair value for what is the best player of the last generation. better to just run him out there until hes no longer keeper worthy. hes still 14th in dobber's keeper rankings
    I'm in agreement with this. Crosby's age will lower his value even though his performance should boost it. We all know that fantasy GMs won't invest in players over the age of 30.

You can shop him again, but I doubt you'll get a fair offer you'd accept.

Enjoy the ride.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'm in agreement with this. Crosby's age will lower his value even though his performance should boost it. We all know that fantasy GMs won't invest in players over the age of 30.

You can shop him again, but I doubt you'll get a fair offer you'd accept.

Enjoy the ride.
    This! I still don't understand the rationale happening here, but once a player hits the age of 30 they are considered washed up, nothin' left in the tank, done like toast. The top 10 -15 recent draft picks are infinitely more valuable than the old man. BTW, championships can be won by taking advantage of that kind of thinking (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I know I have!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would keep Crosby unless you get a offer you can't refuse!! Go for the championship again!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Star

age-ism is a thing. it exists because the idea is that you get a few years out of him and if you need to hes still young enough to trade to get full value by another manager. if in a few years hes going to decline, might as well sell a depreciating asset now than regretting doing it while it is too late.

the gap of course is if youre in a win-now situation and/or a if the discount due to only age (despite similar production) is too wide. if youre rebuilding you want someone who will be there for your contention window. if youre in a win-now situation, there are great deals to be had to keep your contention window open while other teams are in a continuous rebuild. thats why dobber (and angus way back when) always insisted on focusing no more than 3 years out.

it wouldnt shock me if crosby was point-per game at 37 years old. crosby is the an excellent win-now fantasy asset. back in the day, sakic put up 100 pts in his age 37 season and it effectively won the person my league since he was drafted late.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

The Magnificent One

Can’t recall which article but there was an article on Dobber this year about superstars not aging on the curve of most. Something like knock 3 years off their age because they are just that good and can adopt. I look at Crosby like that. So yeah like said if no offer makes sense he is one of those you can let sit on your roster till he retires and not feel bad.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Administrator

What's going to cause you more pain: selling Crosby too cheap and too early and watching him boost someone else's squad or hanging on until it's too late and he's washed? That might direct my course of action.

I'd also suggest you should put together a list of players you'd accept in return for Crosby, and inquire every handful of months to see if there's a trade to be made, otherwise you keep holding.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What’s going to cause you more joy: selling Crosby to some sucker a year before he hits a wall or refusing to sell Crosby low and making another championship run?