Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seider REP

The Great One

Default Re: Seider REP

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    I think Provorov could be a comparable too when it comes to the overall game and role on the team. He's been argueably PHI's best D for quite a while now but there were other Ds that blocked the PP time for him because said guys couldn't be trusted with defensive minutes...
    very true...the only difference is that Provorov actually has a really good slap shot. I can't stress enough that Seider has a really bad shot. So bad in fact that in all the footage I've watched of him, I don't think I have ever seen him once take a slap shot. He rarely even takes a wrist shot. I've confirmed this with people who regularly watch full games in the SHL. I'm by far an expert in this, but I hope that Seider can get some help at the NHL level to improve his shot. For a guy his size, I hope it is just a question of mechanics and figuring out how to shoot properly. He certainly is big and strong enough to have a harder shot.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Great posts by Seadawg in this thread. Awesome!
    Yes, I also agree that Hronek is still probably patrolling PP1 for all of next year.
    Maybe spot-duty to Cholowski - who really is only an NHL-level D-man if he can run a PP1 or PP2.

Seider reminds me of Victor Hedman... and I think progression will be similar.
    4 or 5years after draft, we'll see him pop up to that 40+ pt production.
    But it will take 4 or 5 years.
    [Hedman popped in his s5... and exploded in s8.]

The footwork involved to cover NHL-level forwards is way different than what he's played against so far.
    It takes a LOT of time for larger D-man to feel out pace of the NHL.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I hope all of the praise is right. I've only watched in the big tournaments so I am nowhere near an expert.

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks to all. I’ll take Seider off my wish list and hold on to Hronek for now.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I'm by far an expert in this,
    Inadvertently perhaps, SeaDawg has acknowledged the excellent quality of his posts in this thread. I think current Charlie McAvoy is Seider's 90th percentile outcome.

Dobber Sports Genius

I think that Seider will make the team out of camp then play sheltered minutes for the first 5 - 10 games. After that he will show that he is the best D-man on the team (barring a high profile UFA signing this summer) and will be a 24+ minute a night guy. His PPTOI will depend entirely on how lucky his bounces are the first quarter of the season. If he has 10 points in 20 games he will see more PPTOI. If he has 3 points in 20 games he will play a more D oriented role for the remainder of the season.

I am so bullish on this guy that I overpaid to acquire him in a cap dynasty league. That said, my views are tainted with my own high hopes.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Legend

Seider is a stud. He will continue to surprise. His offensive upside hinges on Yzerman bringing in an offensive dynamo, via draft or trade. If Yzerman trades for a Werenski or drafts an offensive stud, Seider will be used mostly defensively. However, if given the opportunity, Seider will be a decent offensive option (40-48 points) once he gets going.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Seider is a stud. He will continue to surprise. His offensive upside hinges on Yzerman bringing in an offensive dynamo, via draft or trade. If Yzerman trades for a Werenski or drafts an offensive stud, Seider will be used mostly defensively. However, if given the opportunity, Seider will be a decent offensive option (40-48 points) once he gets going.
    Haven't seen a post from you in a while.
    Always solid advice...especially when it comes to defencemen.
    Cheers!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Oh...and I'm also a big fan of Seider's.
    He's been trending in the right direction for a while now.
    While his pedigree may not be that of more offensive dynamos, I feel like Detroit is the right situation for him...unless he usurped for someone like Fung mentioned previously.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket 10 View Post
    Oh...and I'm also a big fan of Seider's.
    He's been trending in the right direction for a while now.
    While his pedigree may not be that of more offensive dynamos, I feel like Detroit is the right situation for him...unless he usurped for someone like Fung mentioned previously.
    People need to stop sleeping on this kid. The more I watch from him, the more I drool. In the right situation this kid could be 55+ points one day. He is brilliant on the PP when given the chance... his shot and ability to jump in is criminally underrated. In a multi-cat, which I don't even mess with, this kid will be a monster.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports All-Star

Usage and opportunities. If he gets the majority of those I think he’s a perennial 50 point guy.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Usage and opportunities. If he gets the majority of those I think he’s a perennial 50 point guy.
    I agree. Leddy is a stop-gap. Hronek is pretty good. Edvinsson will not be rushed. This creates an opportunity for Seider to blow the doors off if given the chance. The only wrinkle would come from an outside threat... such as a key UFA signing or Stevie trading for a proven PPQB.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    People need to stop sleeping on this kid. The more I watch from him, the more I drool. In the right situation this kid could be 55+ points one day. He is brilliant on the PP when given the chance... his shot and ability to jump in is criminally underrated. In a multi-cat, which I don't even mess with, this kid will be a monster.
    I see that he's being auditioned on the power play, along with Hronek. It will be interesting to see if Detroit continues to use two dmen on the power play.

I still maintain my view that he doesn't have a very good shot, especially for a defenseman. However, he can do everything else extremely well, including distribute the puck and hold the line on the power play. With him and Raymond on the power play, Detroit just got a nice influx of talent, even after losing Vrana for four months.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Jedi

I agree with the comments on Seider's ceiling. Bringing in Leddy kind of illustrates Det is not going to rush Seider.
    Pulock & Dobson sat back while Leddy ran the PP year after year.

Won't surprise me to see Det give PP1 to Leddy this year.

I don't expect much from Seider THIS year. 25pts?
    If he gets sheltered and doesn't 'perform' to inflated expectations THIS year - a lot of owners will get cold feet.

if you own him - don't be that owner - HOLD. you will be rewarded in 22/23 or 23/24
    if you don't own him - BUY BUY BUY. Owners will get cold feet and his prospect value will dip.

the saying Patience is a virtue could not be more true then in a fantasy league. take advantage of those few that lack it.

you want to own Seider.
    you want to have patience with his development.
    he will reward if you do.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    very true...the only difference is that Provorov actually has a really good slap shot. I can't stress enough that Seider has a really bad shot. So bad in fact that in all the footage I've watched of him, I don't think I have ever seen him once take a slap shot. He rarely even takes a wrist shot. I've confirmed this with people who regularly watch full games in the SHL. I'm by far an expert in this, but I hope that Seider can get some help at the NHL level to improve his shot. For a guy his size, I hope it is just a question of mechanics and figuring out how to shoot properly. He certainly is big and strong enough to have a harder shot.

It's so funny you mention this Seadawg. Check out this PP bomb on Monday night. When I first saw it I thought "great shot" but it definitely looked like awkward mechanics to get it off and not sure how repeatable, and one-timer bombs from the point is all about SMOOTH and REPEATABILITY.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/moritz-sei...005435360.html

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper