Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seider REP

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Seider REP

Now that he’s dominated overseas, I imagine he’ll be a lock to start with the Wings next season. Now how soon will he take over the top PP? Or will he be saddled with more defensive responsibilities since he’s a much better defender than Hronek, leaving Hronek open to play a more offensive role?
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Seider REP

Hard to say what is going to happen. I dont expect anything to be handed to him when he jumps the pond. Hronek is still the key cog for that team. He's one of the few Dmen to lead his team in scoring this past season so that tells you how important he is to them (or how bad the rest of the team actually is LOL!).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think his transition will depend on him. If he comes to the NHL and asserts himself offensively then it's a quick takeover from Hronek. If he takes some time to learn the team system/dynamic and becomes comfortable defensively then I see a gradual 2-3 year takeover from Hronek. But he will obviously have to work for everything he gets and maybe he elevates Hronek's game too, which is a win-win for the Wings.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    I think his transition will depend on him. If he comes to the NHL and asserts himself offensively then it's a quick takeover from Hronek. If he takes some time to learn the team system/dynamic and becomes comfortable defensively then I see a gradual 2-3 year takeover from Hronek. But he will obviously have to work for everything he gets and maybe he elevates Hronek's game too, which is a win-win for the Wings.
    i would not count on rookie D to have any kind of impact..but i do think he will be dominant force in NHL in 2-3 years. Just my opinion.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think Martin Necas is a prime example of tempering expectations.
    he was a lock for two years to deliver what he did this year.

Noah Dobson another one. Maybe Seider does step right in next year...
    Odds are more likely he has a 2020/21 Noah Dobson type season -than shows up and puts up 35+pts.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

Odds are more likely he has a 2020/21 Noah Dobson type season -than shows up and puts up 35+pts.
    agree..i dont think he will even be the best rookie (no NHL games to date) in NHL next season...assuming he signs i think that award will go to Lundkvist imo
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

Noah Dobson is a good model for what we hope Seider will do. Seider's never been described as an offensive creator, just someone who can contribute in that regard. The wasteland of Detroit puts him in an easier place to do that, but it isn't like his skill is waiting to be unleashed.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agree with the overall message being delivered here, expectations need to be managed. First thing, I don't think we can say Seider is a lock to earn a full time job with the Wings. He has a fair chance, but it's far from a lock. Some time in the AHL could very well happen and could be the best thing for him. As far as overall talent goes, I'm not sure Seider is clearly a better defensemen than Hronek and he is certainly behind on the NHL learning curve which doesn't add up to Seider taking over the PP1 anytime soon. Maybe he surprises, but I'm not inclined to put my eggs in that basket. In 2 years it's likely Sieder will have rounded into a very good NHL defensemen, but not likely before.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Great One

I've been following Seider a lot this past season, and my feeling on him is that he will certainly have an immediate impact with the Wings, similar to the way Heiskanen did as a rookie. In other words, Seider will play in the top 4 (possibly even in the top pairing) very soon. He is already more than capable of handling lots of minutes in a defensive role. He has elite skating and positioning with a very active stick and he is physically imposing. He will immediately make the Wings a tougher team to play against.

Offensively, I don't see much upside, at least in the short-term. Seider has a very weak shot, and does not shoot very often. His wrist shot is average and his slap shot is basically non-existent. He cannot play on the top PP unit in the traditional role for a dman (like Hronek can). If the Wings want to use Seider on the pp, he needs to be the person distributing the puck. He can carry the puck well, enter the zone well, and hold the line well (partially because of his long reach, but he is also quite crafty with the puck and is a decent passer). However, Hronek is likely never going to lose his role on the pp, as the main shooting option from the point. Will the Wings use two dmen on the pp? Likely not. So, temper your expectations for Seider. His points will likely be limited to even strength with possibly some secondary unit power play time.

EDIT: I do know that Larkin often plays the point on the power play, with Hronek along the half wall setting up for the one-timer. The two players tend to rotate on the fly while working the puck on the pp. I can't really see how Seider fits in on the pp, unless he plays on the other half wall, opposite Hronek. Personally, I think with Vrana in the mix now, he is likely to play that position, though.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I've been following Seider a lot this past season, and my feeling on him is that he will certainly have an immediate impact with the Wings, similar to the way Hesikanen did as a rookie. In other words, Seider will play in the top 4 (possibly even in the top pairing) very soon. He is already more than capable of handling lots of minutes in a defensive role. He has elite skating and positioning with a very active stick and he is physically imposing. He will immediately make the Wings a tougher team to play against.

Offensively, I don't see much upside, at least in the short-term. Seider has a very weak shot, and does not shoot very often. His wrist shot is average and his slap shot is basically non-existent. He cannot play on the top PP unit in the traditional role for a dman (like Hronek can). If the Wings want to use Seider on the pp, he needs to be the person distributing the puck. He can carry the puck well, enter the zone well, and hold the line well (partially because of his long reach, but he is also quite crafty with the puck and is a decent passer). However, Hronek is likely never going to lose his role on the pp, as the main shooting option from the point. So, will the Wing use two dmen on the pp? Likely not. So, temper your expectations for Seider. His points will likely be limited to even strength with possibly some secondary unit power play time.

EDIT: I do know that Larkin often plays the point on the power play, with Hronek along the half wall setting up for the one-timer. The two players tend to rotate on the fly while working the puck on the pp. I can't really see how Seider fits in on the pp, unless he plays on the other half wall, opposite Hronek. Personally, I think with Vrana in the mix now, he is likely to play that position, though.
    Great info there, my man. I’d rep you but it seems I have to spread the rep around before I can rep you again. Haha
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

The Great One

Wings fans are excited about Seider, and rightly so. He is a really good player, and will be extremely valuable to the Wings. Unfortunately, without the offensive upside of a prototypical two-way defenseman, I believe Seider's value in fantasy hockey will be limited. Most dmen cannot score 40+ pts without first unit power play time. Seider will be on the ice a lot, and he has an above-average transitional game (strong skating, puck-handling, and passing), so he will get points that way. However, the Wings are not a high-scoring team so Seider's offensive potential at even strength is also limited.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Jedi

I don't disagree on his potential to make an immediate impact. That said, more often than not players need a year longer than we expect to make an impact.

My mentality, plan for the worst - hope for the best. I own him in a couple pools. I've got Yandle keeping that main roster spot warm for him.

I've been following Seider a lot this past season, and my feeling on him is that he will certainly have an immediate impact with the Wings, similar to the way Heiskanen did as a rookie. In other words, Seider will play in the top 4 (possibly even in the top pairing) very soon. He is already more than capable of handling lots of minutes in a defensive role. He has elite skating and positioning with a very active stick and he is physically imposing. He will immediately make the Wings a tougher team to play against.

Offensively, I don't see much upside, at least in the short-term. Seider has a very weak shot, and does not shoot very often. His wrist shot is average and his slap shot is basically non-existent. He cannot play on the top PP unit in the traditional role for a dman (like Hronek can). If the Wings want to use Seider on the pp, he needs to be the person distributing the puck. He can carry the puck well, enter the zone well, and hold the line well (partially because of his long reach, but he is also quite crafty with the puck and is a decent passer). However, Hronek is likely never going to lose his role on the pp, as the main shooting option from the point. Will the Wing use two dmen on the pp? Likely not. So, temper your expectations for Seider. His points will likely be limited to even strength with possibly some secondary unit power play time.

The Great One

Also worth mentioning that Zadina is (and should continue to be) on the top pp unit, due to having one of the best shots on the team. I don't know for sure, but Larkin, Hronek, Vrana, and Zadina are likely locks next year. With Bertuzzi hopefully healthy again, he likely gets in there as well. I just don't see a spot for Seider.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Jedi

Also worth mentioning that Zadina is (and should continue to be) on the top pp unit, due to having one of the best shots on the team. I don't know for sure, but Larkin, Hronek, Vrana, and Zadina are likely locks next year. With Bertuzzi hopefully healthy again, he likely gets in there as well. I just don't see a spot for Seider.
    Folks expected Dobson to take it from Leddy/Pulock this year. It's okay to temper expectations for a year or two.

Lord knows I've been burned too many times moving on because a really good prospect wasn't ready on my clock.
    and maybe Seider doesn't take the PP1 from Hronek... but hold him to give him a chance.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think Provorov could be a comparable too when it comes to the overall game and role on the team. He's been argueably PHI's best D for quite a while now but there were other Ds that blocked the PP time for him because said guys couldn't be trusted with defensive minutes...
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...