Thread: Soto discussion

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Soto discussion

I will be endlessly patient with Soto cause I know he’s a stud, but he’s obviously not performing the way he can.
    A quick look at his savant page is mostly encouraging. The exit velocity, HH%, xStats look good, and he’s still got that elite plate discipline. However, there are a couple of concerning trends. His launch angle has been decreasing since 2019, currently just 1.7. As expected, this has brought his ground ball rate to a career high 57%. That’s not going to play regardless of how hard he hits the ball.
    He’s only played 26 games so far, and it’s a long season, so I’m confident he can make the necessary adjustments. I just hope that shoulder isn’t bothering him still, cause that could certainly be messing with his swing and confidence in the box.
    Any thoughts?192.168.8.1 192.168.100.1 192.168.0.1
    Last edited by Kevin256; May 22, 2021 at 2:06 AM. Reason: Moderator note: Edited title

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Soto discussion

I'm in the same boat in a yearly league and it's pretty annoying. But I'm not sure what else you could do. Who would be a viable trade option at this point? Most of round 1 is banged up as well.

I'm staying patient and hoping it all turns. Let's also not forget the Nats have been AWFUL as a team. Which should hopefully change.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I am a Soto owner as well, not too concerned. His incredible track record so far at such a young age leads me to believe he can turn it around soon.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Kawee View Post
    I am a Soto owner as well, not too concerned. His incredible track record so far at such a young age leads me to believe he can turn it around soon.
    The power has got to come. Good news is he's walking at a great rate.