View Poll Results: Which players will never again reach their 2020-21 scoring pace?

Voters
59. This poll is closed
  • Tyson Barrie (Age 29; Scoring rate = 72 points)

43 72.88%
  • John Carlson (Age 31; Scoring rate = 69 points)

12 20.34%
  • Sean Couturier (Age 28; Scoring rate = 75 points)

8 13.56%
  • Evander Kane (Age 29; Scoring rate = 72 points)

27 45.76%
  • Patrick Kane (Age 32; Scoring rate = 97 points)

8 13.56%
  • Anze Kopitar (Age 33; Scoring rate = 73 points)

20 33.90%
  • Gabriel Landeskog (Age 28; Scoring rate = 79 points)

13 22.03%
  • Kris Letang (Age 34; Scoring rate = 67 points)

30 50.85%
  • Brad Marchand (Age 33; Scoring rate = 107 points)

34 57.63%
  • Ryan O’Reilly (Age 30; Scoring rate = 79 points)

23 38.98%
  • T.J. Oshie (Age 34; Scoring rate = 67 points)

32 54.24%
  • Max Pacioretty (Age 32; Scoring rate = 87 points)

41 69.49%
  • Ondrej Palat (Age 30; Scoring rate = 69 points)

31 52.54%
  • David Perron (Age 32; Scoring rate = 85 points)

49 83.05%
  • Jeff Petry (Age 33; Scoring rate = 63 points)

37 62.71%
  • Mark Scheifele (Age 28; Scoring rate = 92 points)

8 13.56%
  • Jordan Staal (Age 32; Scoring rate = 59 points)

31 52.54%
  • Mark Stone (Age 28; Scoring rate = 91 points)

11 18.64%
  • Ryan Strome (Age 27; Scoring rate = 72 points)

16 27.12%
  • Vincent Trocheck (Age 27; Scoring rate = 75 points)

20 33.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: It's all downhill from here....

The Magnificent One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: It's all downhill from here....

Every season players overachieve and underachieve, with it often pretty easy to determine who'll come back to earth and those who'll return to form. What's tougher, however, is deciding if/when a player is on the cusp of a downhill slide - that is, which players will never again produce as well as they did this season. Whether due to age, deployment, luck or other metrics, there will always be some whose production is headed down, never to rebound to this level again. How do we decide which players fit this description? By your votes!

From the 20 voting choices (listed alphabetically, with their age and 2020-21 full season scoring rate in parentheses), you should vote for any and all you believe will never again in any other season - not just next season, any other season - reach their scoring pace from 2020-21. Note that all forwards finished within the top 100 scorers and all defensemen within the top 50 for rearguards, to ensure all are relevant in even the shallowest of leagues. Also I didn't pick anyone age 35 or older, since the it's more likely than not that most of them should be entering a downward trajectory.

As usual, please post here listing who you voted for and why. That way we can get insight into everyone's decision-making process beyond just the vote totals.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Magnificent One

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: It's all downhill from here....

Here are my votes. All I can say is I've never voted for such a high percentage, i.e., 13 of 20.

Barrie - he won't be back in Edmonton, and never scored this high before, so the math seems pretty easy
    Couturier - he cooled as the year went on, likely a preview of what his new normal will be as young Flyer forwards see more minutes at the expense of Couturier and others
    Evander Kane - his spot in San Jose is safe, yet this was a lot higher than his usual pace and physical players like him have often started to see their production crater when they reach 30
    Landeskog - even if he inks a new deal with Colorado I think Mikko Rantanen has improved to an extent where he'll cut away at Landeskog's point total
    Marchand - he showed he can do well even as Bergeron slowed, but there has to be a peak at some point and think we just saw it
    O'Reilly - he won't get an OZ% this high once Tarasenko is back for a full season, which means ROR will go back to his previous scoring levels
    Pacioretty - too old and too high
    Palat - if he was capable of doing this with Kucherov in the line-up, which he'll be next season, he'd have done so
    Perron - this is a great late career success story, but with Tarasenko back Perron is bound to shed points
    Petry - maybe if he was younger, had more PP time, or was on a different team; but as it stands, this screams outlier
    Scheifele - he got hot for 25 games, but as the season wore on he cam back to earth and had it been an 82 game campaign he'd likely have landed right in his usual 80-85 point range
    Stone - He doesn't shoot enough to be a 90 point winger; this was an aberration
    Trocheck - great comeback story, but his OZ% is too low to score in the 70s
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

I’d say Kane doesn’t reach that high of a total anymore. Hope he proves me wrong since I got him on my fantasy team, lots up there that won’t reach those highs.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I voted Palat, I think this year was a total outlier and he won’t sniff 70 points ever again. Also thought about PPG Perron, seems like that’s a popular choice as well
    8 Team Dynasty - G/A/plusminus/PPP/SHP/SOG/FW/HIT/BLK ——
    W/SV%/SV/SO
    C: A. Matthews, E Pettersson, V Trocheck, A Kopitar, C Mittelstadt,
    LW: B Marchand, B Tkachuk, K Kaprizov, J Huberdeau, V Nichushkin, E Kane, J McCann
    RW: D Pastrnak, W Nylander, JT Miller, T Meier, Z Hyman, R Hartman
    D: Q Hughes, B Burns, D Nurse, M Matheson, K Letang, B McNabb
    G: D Kuemper, V Vanecek, J Woll
    IR: L Couture, L Schenn
    NA: P Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I voted for everyone except:
    Carlson, Couturier, PKane, Kopitar, Landeskog, Schiefele, and Trocheck

This year was a short season, so I expect many of these paces to not be repeatable, and many of them are career highs, or very close to it.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.