Thread: 20 Team HTH - Keep 11 advice

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default 20 Team HTH - Keep 11 advice

Greetings,

I'm in a Yahoo 20 team keeper with HTH scoring based on the following categories:

Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Powerplay Points (PPP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)

Games Started (GS), Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

I acquired this team literally at the last minute & had to pick 11 keepers pronto before a draft that same weekend.
    Now that I have time, I'm mulling the choices carefully before submitting my next 11 before next draft.
    I'd appreciate your input.
    Below is my current roster, it's a 30 man roster with 9 bench, 3 I/R & 4 NA slots as well. ( I currently have 4 NA's & 2 I/R's)
    Its a weekly HTH, starting these positions: (4) C (4) LW (4) RW (6) D (1) Utility (2) G

Chythil
    Compher
    Rooney
    Pinto
    Erne
    Toffoli *
    Gurianov
    Connor Brown
    Blackwell
    Farabee *
    Gauthier
    Kravstov
    Hedman *
    Gudas
    Montour
    K'Andre Miller
    Boqvist
    Nutivaara
    Kuokkanen
    Makar *
    Tatar
    Perry
    Malkin *
    Pettersson *
    Byfield *
    Chinakhov
    Bertuzzi
    Verhaeghe
    C. Glass
    N. Foote
    Perfetti *

Samsonov *
    Hellebuyck *
    Price *
    Vladar

* are the one's I'm leaning towards, but definitely not in stone (example: toss Price for more forward help, drop Perfetti keep a Bertuzzi/Verhaeghe/Brown etc.)

What say you?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 20 Team HTH - Keep 11 advice

Welcome!

In a 20 team league with 2G slots I think you have to keep Price. Though I would shop one of the goalies after for some skater help. I would love to keep one of Boqvist or Miller, but it would have to be at the expense of Toffoli and I'm not sure that makes sense.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thank you for the welcoming.. I've been a casual observer of the forum & free user of Dobber info for some time & thought it right to subscribe to the prospects this season.
    Needless to say it's more than worth it.

Boqvist was one of my keepers. I would feel a bit "stupid" for tossing him back, but my forward-scoring really struggled. Of course the season(s) that Malkin & Pettersson had didn't help as I'll desperately need them to be healthy for 21/22.

Dobber Sports Titan

Can you make trades before keepers are set?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Based on settings, I think not. I'll need to confirm.