Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dogecoin

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Dogecoin

is it too late to get in on the action here? seems like it took a pretty big hit after Elon's SNL appearance and it's sitting around 40 cents.

or has the ship sailed and better off not throwing any $$ at it?
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Dogecoin

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    is it too late to get in on the action here? seems like it took a pretty big hit after Elon's SNL appearance and it's sitting around 40 cents.

My thoughts is it's definitely public driven, and you saw it drop by half after it was on SNL. But it's 40cents/coin. You can buy $10 worth and own 25 Dogecoin. Maybe it goes to $1, maybe it doesn't and you lost $10.

I'm still upset I sold when I did. I owned about 300DOGECOIN, and sold and maybe like $20 profit and was fine with it at the time. I bought at like 8cents or something like that. I was dumb and sold thinking it wasn't going anywhere and it was a waste of money. Yeah it's a waste, but the gamble of a $20 bet could have been much higher and I bet on worse odds in sports all the time.

I'd prolly buy some again, I might come the weekend depending how things go but it's kind of a headache for me to get DOGE (Buy BTC, transfer BTC to another account to buy DOGE since the account where I can buy DOGE won't accept CAD payments lol)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ace

i had to sign up for Robinhood for Doge. But it's still taking it's sweet ole time finalizing the application process so im just waiting.

lol, i spend $20 on way worse dumb stuff all the time too. maybe i'll throw a little at it, it's money i can afford to lose so my expectations are low.

Doesn't help that Tesla is no longer accepting bitcoin either. Seems crypto in general took a hit yesterday too
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

D:
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Titan

i had to sign up for Robinhood for Doge. But it's still taking it's sweet ole time finalizing the application process so im just waiting.

lol, i spend $20 on way worse dumb stuff all the time too. maybe i'll throw a little at it, it's money i can afford to lose so my expectations are low.

Doesn't help that Tesla is no longer accepting bitcoin either. Seems crypto in general took a hit yesterday too
    Everything is tied to BITCOIN, so when you see a BITCOIN dip, you'll see it across the board. Same with the rise, but the rise is typically not totally in line with BTC.

Always have an ear to the ground on BTC when buying/selling crypto. If you want long term return, BTC and ETH are always the best to buy and hold for long term. I like investing in LITECOIN, just the thing that's got me the best return this yr. But always invest money you're willing to lose in crypto. If your profile goes to $0 right now and you aren't crying about how you can't eat tonight, you're investing right.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Bought about 500 DOGE just hours before SNL hoping it would sky rocket during the episode, womp womp.

Buy the hype, sell the news.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Star

Any time you're asking these types of questions you're more than likely trying to get in way too late and probably don't understand it well enough to spend your money on it. It's pure speculation (not investing), and speculation is usually unwise. Don't buy hype.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Any time you're asking these types of questions you're more than likely trying to get in way too late and probably don't understand it well enough to spend your money on it. It's pure speculation (not investing), and speculation is usually unwise. Don't buy hype.
    it's a gamble for sure, i'm not debating that. And it's the hype of this that saw it rise 12,000%

Maybe SHIB is the new hotness now then...
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

D:
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Titan

it's a gamble for sure, i'm not debating that. And it's the hype of this that saw it rise 12,000%

Maybe SHIB is the new hotness now then...
    New trend will be energy efficient mining coin. I don't know what ones those are yet, but that could be the long term hold to buy cheap, anything that says they are cheap/easy to mine. Which could be Cardano, Monero, XRP, Litecoin

https://www.trgdatacenters.com/most-...ptocurrencies/

Dobber Sports Titan

^NOT Financial advice lol. Just something that might be the next push especially with the whole pipeline in the news, could push energy efficient stuff. I dunno, I'm just a fantasy hockey guy

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    ^NOT Financial advice lol. Just something that might be the next push especially with the whole pipeline in the news, could push energy efficient stuff. I dunno, I'm just a fantasy hockey guy
    take it to the bank!
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

D:
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Ninja

New trend will be energy efficient mining coin. I don't know what ones those are yet, but that could be the long term hold to buy cheap, anything that says they are cheap/easy to mine. Which could be Cardano, Monero, XRP, Litecoin

https://www.trgdatacenters.com/most-...ptocurrencies/

ETH is moving to proof of stake (drops energy usage by a massive margin) rather soon.

Dobber Sports Star

New trend will be energy efficient mining coin.
    That's easy to say after Elon's comments and the recent move from Tesla, but you can pretty safely assume that everything he says and does is probably just market manipulation. My advice is for people to stick to investing in what they understand, or they're very likely to get burned by the people at the top who know how to wrestle money away from the people at the bottom. If you don't have a good understanding of what Dogecoin is and why it should go up in the future, nothing else matters and you should just steer clear.

Dobber Sports Veteran

crypto pulling back, might make a comeback this weekend when the regular markets close. might not.

only spend what you can afford to lose!

and the conventional banking system still uses multiples more energy than crypto mining does, do not be fooled by propaganda.
    https://medium.com/coinmonks/why-bit...y-a339e6969f2b
    1*wFy4VrmIN5uLTyqYQ37mmw.jpeg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    That's easy to say after Elon's comments and the recent move from Tesla, but you can pretty safely assume that everything he says and does is probably just market manipulation. My advice is for people is to stick to investing in what they understand, or they're very likely to get burned by the people at the top who know how to wrestle money away from the people at the bottom. If you don't have a good understanding of what Dogecoin is and why it should go up in the future, nothing else matters and you should just steer clear.
    Such good advice.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    and the conventional banking system still uses multiples more energy than crypto mining does, do not be fooled by propaganda.
    https://medium.com/coinmonks/why-bit...y-a339e6969f2b
    1*wFy4VrmIN5uLTyqYQ37mmw.jpeg
    That is one of the least intelligent articles I've read in a long time.

"Bitcoin mining uses 184 million GJ per year, gold mining uses 500 GJ per year and traditional banks use 2.34 billion GJ per year."

Is that supposed to be a positive for Bitcoin compared to the traditional banking system? What percentage of the world's currencies are on the traditional banking system compared to Bitcoin. I would guess it's higher than 99% so on a per use (per dollar?, not sure exactly how to compare) ratio, Bitcoin uses so, so much more energy.