Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wireless Ear Buds

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Wireless Ear Buds

So I've recently bought a bicycle and I'm looking for a decent set of ear buds to wear while I'm out on the bike. I have a nice set of JBL headphones but it's the full band over the head type and I can't use them wearing my helmet.

I'll be honest, I'm not looking to spend big bucks on Bose or Beats. I'm trying to spend less than $100. I know there's some good quality stuff out there that's lesser priced and I'm wondering if anyone has any stories of their inexpensive ear buds.

Right now, doing some personal research, the two brands that seem to be the most appealing are Soundpeats and Anker but I'm curious if anyone has any other brands they can speak personally on, or can speak about those two brands as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Wireless Ear Buds

My Wife got me a pair of 'knock-off' Beats for Christmas. They work great. I would totally reccomend them.

the only downfall on them is that if I want to switch them from my phone to my computer I have to power off the device that they are currently connected to in order to switch a connection.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    My Wife got me a pair of 'knock-off' Beats for Christmas. They work great. I would totally reccomend them.

the only downfall on them is that if I want to switch them from my phone to my computer I have to power off the device that they are currently connected to in order to switch a connection.
    Brand and model number?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Brand and model number?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Sage

I'll just add that you are making a good decision in buying inexpensive wireless ear buds. I have the Apple Air Pods 1st gen and they are not worth the price IMO. I've seen quite a few $50+ dollar models highly recommended by people.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

I see. So the next question, where do you buy them? I'm assuming they aren't on Amazon, or are they?

I see. So the next question, where do you buy them? I'm assuming they aren't on Amazon, or are they?
    We have a local person that buys all sorts of knockoff stuff in bulk and then re-sells them. I will check with them and get them.

And Sorry, I couldn't provide the model number and such... the box hit the recycling bin.

​​

Administrator

I go the other way on this one. I tried what must have been a dozen different brands of cheap wireless headphones and I destroyed them all. Between sweat and action they'd just get cooked, sometimes within weeks. Maybe I'm just a caveman, but I easily spent more replacing cheap headphones constantly than I did when I finally splurged on a set of PowerBeats, which are still going strong 2+ years later.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Star

I used Jabra Elites for the longest time and they were fantastic (until I decided to send them through the wash in my jeans pocket…) They might be a little more expensive than you are looking for though. I think they cost me about $130 bucks.

Currently I am using the Bose Quiet Comfort wireless buds which are quite out of your range in that they were over $300. They are simply incredible though. Sound quality is crazy good and noise canceling to the next level. For me, very worth it.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Icon

Another vote for getting the expensive ones. I have Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 and I absolutely love them.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I go the other way on this one. I tried what must have been a dozen different brands of cheap wireless headphones and I destroyed them all. Between sweat and action they'd just get cooked, sometimes within weeks. Maybe I'm just a caveman, but I easily spent more replacing cheap headphones constantly than I did when I finally splurged on a set of PowerBeats, which are still going strong 2+ years later.
    Im like this with sunglasses. I used to just buy the cheap ones and replace them all the time but after investing in Oakley/Ray-Ban's, they last longer.

I am just not sure about the headphones, primarily because they will mainly be used when riding my bike. I have an excellent pair of wireless JBLs that I can wear at the gym. Yes, they are full headphones and are bigger than an ear bud, but they serve that purpose. I am less likely to use the earbuds at the gym, but who knows. I guess that's why I am looking on the lower end of the price scale for these buds. If I end up liking them, and using them in the gym, I would most likely invest in a better brand. I just dont want to jump into the deep end before starting in the shallow end first, if that makes sense.

Dobber Sports Titan

I got a new Samsung phone last yr and it came with Samsung Galaxy Buds+ for free. My first $150+ pair of headphones and it blew my mind the battery life with the buds. I think they were $230 new, but they are CRAZY good.

I had pairs of $30 wireless fakes before where the battery couldn't last longer than an hr, and the wireless distance was like 4ft. I was able to workout with my phone in a locker at the gym and still get a connection while working out.

I'd suggest to anyone that you can get cheap anything as a test before you go full in on expensive ones, but the expensive ones are always worth it if you A.) have the money/budget B.) will be using it 4x a week.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I got a new Samsung phone last yr and it came with Samsung Galaxy Buds+ for free. My first $150+ pair of headphones and it blew my mind the battery life with the buds. I think they were $230 new, but they are CRAZY good.

I had pairs of $30 wireless fakes before where the battery couldn't last longer than an hr, and the wireless distance was like 4ft. I was able to workout with my phone in a locker at the gym and still get a connection while working out.

I'd suggest to anyone that you can get cheap anything as a test before you go full in on expensive ones, but the expensive ones are always worth it if you A.) have the money/budget B.) will be using it 4x a week.
    That's my train of thought. Buy an inexpensive pair to start to see how I like them. Thats why I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with cheaper models and can give recommendations. I expect the expensive ones to be excellent.

Dobber Sports Titan

That's my train of thought. Buy an inexpensive pair to start to see how I like them. Thats why I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with cheaper models and can give recommendations. I expect the expensive ones to be excellent.
    Honestly I use the Galaxy Buds+ and they are great and I don't think it would be worth testing a pair that's in the same price range to see if you want something more expensive, but my budget could very well be different from yours.

If you wanna spend more on a higher pair, Samsung just came out with a newer version of the Galaxy Buds Pro so maybe that's something to look at. I'm not expert on headphones, but the sound quality of the Galaxy Buds+ is good and the battery lasts ALL day in the buds when I use them for work.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm an avid road biker. I prefer to use the wired head phones or buds and run the cord under my jersey. I often find with sweat and road bumps, they tend to pop out, even if they're lodged in there tight. I would hate to see you lose an expensive set. I like that I can pop one out if I'm listening to traffic behind me and if they pop out, I know they're not ditch bound.

Got a $15 pair at Shoppers D and run them through an mp3 player tucked in my back jersey pocket. I can't ride without tunes. They also keep bugs from flying into your ear canals.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.