Thread: Goalie long term

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Goalie long term

If you can only keep one, who do you bet on?
    Thatcher Demko
    Tristan Jarry
    Ilya Samsonov
    Elvis Merzlikens

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Goalie long term

Right now it has to be Jarry.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Right now it has to be Jarry.
    What about long term, keeper?

Dobber Sports Deity

Tough to really say simply because none of these goalies, in my opinion, have come close to reaching their full potential. We dont even know where Merzlikins will be playing next year, seeing as CBJ has already come out and said they are shopping their goalies. Jarry is on the best team today, but for how long. How many years do we see Pittsburgh keeping the gang together? Samsonov had a up and down season due to Covid and inconsistent play. Same with Demko. Both are better than they showed this season.

Knowing what we know right now, I'd say Jarry as well but it's cloudy for me. I feel these kids are all mid-level NHL goalies for the foreseeable future. I dont see a top 5, maybe not even a top 10 goalie in this list so it's not an easy choice. Given the weird year we just went through, it makes it even harder to really say one over the other.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DDCRAVEN View Post
    What about long term, keeper?
    Jarry will be the best of these goalies for the next two years. That's as far ahead as you should really be looking unless you own someone like Askarov or Knight. His value will be highest during those two years, and if during the middle of next season you want to move him for Samsonov or Demko then you can get a piece thrown in on top.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Jarry will be the best of these goalies for the next two years. That's as far ahead as you should really be looking unless you own someone like Askarov or Knight. His value will be highest during those two years, and if during the middle of next season you want to move him for Samsonov or Demko then you can get a piece thrown in on top.
    Goalies are all Flakes, they are inconsistent day to day, year to year and that's the reality with very few exceptions. Long term? Good Luck. Even guys like Askarov, Knight and Sorokin are no sure thing, you just go with what you know now and hope for the best. I agree for the most part with the comments both Eskimo and Axe have posted. Jarry appears to be the best option at least for next year. Beyond that, we'll see how these guys develop. But whatever you decide, chances are it's a roller coaster ride for as long as you own them (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Demko
    Samsonov
    Jarry
    Elvis

this would be my order if had to choose between them but i would say they are all very close and this list could be in any order.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones