Thread: Arvidsson, Texier, or Lucic?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Arvidsson, Texier, or Lucic?

I know this is a weird comparison between 3 different types of players, but who would you keep of these 3?

Goals, assists, +/-, shots, hits, pp points

This is for my last keeper spot, just not sure which way to go with it. I don’t have a ton of guys heavy on hits, that’s why I’m considering Lucic. In a semi-rebuild mode
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, W. Johnston, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Binnington

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Arvidsson, Texier, or Lucic?

I’d actually be tempted to go with Texier here. Lucic has the most hits by far this year, but won’t be around much longer. Arvidsson doesn’t provide much for hits or PP points. Texier averaged a hit per game this year, and I like his offensive potential more than Lucic or Arvidsson. Especially if the new CBJ coach takes a liking to him.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Genius

Lucic gives you the hits, Sutter does like him and his TOI/TOIPP increased. Future wise not much value.

Arvidsson needs to be healthy and if so gets some PP time. But underwhelming overall.

Tex can only improve on his stats and like it was said above, if the new coach likes him he stands to benefit a ton. Plus he's young. I'd go with Texier. Good luck
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd go with Texier as well. CBJ needs someone to step up into top-6 roles and I bet the new coach leaning into his potential. He's shown flashes.
    12 team dynasty, H2H points, no cap, no max games
    12F (4 slots per pos), 6D, 2G, 32 players + 21 minor slots, minors eligibility <80 GP
    G: 4 / A: 2 / / Blk, Hit, SOG: 0.5 / Goalie W: 3 / Shutout: 1 / STP: 1 / SV% >.92: 1 / SV: 0.25

C: Eichel, Trochek, Barzal, Suzuki,
    W: Draisaitl, Ehlers, Dubois, Buchnevich, Necas, Debrusk, McCann, Jarvis
    D: Hughes, Morissey, Chychrun, Bouchard, Pionk, Parayko, McNabb
    G: Ullmark, Hart, Grubauer, Korpisalo

Prospects:
    Knies, Reichel, Kemell, Robertson
    Sandstrom

The Great One

Arvidsson and it's not even close. Dude was not fully healthy this year and shot about 6.5%. His career average is 11.4%. Given his shot volume he should have had 17 goals this year (25 goal pace over 82 games) vs the 10 he did get. Texier played one less game, had half the shots, and only scored 4. And Lucic is a pylon. Any door stop from the waiver wire can get you hits and more of them. Clearly Arvidsson here.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Superstar

Well it is an unusual comparison of 3 different types of players for sure (:

Is this the team in your Sig? A little more info here would help. Hard to believe these guys are in consideration in a keep 8 (:

I'd like to know who you've penciled in for your keepers?

I eliminate Lucic immediately. The last few years and the foreseeable limited future are pretty bleak and the clock is running out on his career. You can find the hits elsewhere.

Which brings us to Texier and Arvidsson. I'm not sure what you mean by a semi rebuild but projecting out one, maybe two years, I think the best choice here is Arvidsson. This is a guy who can put up 60 points, he's done it twice and he is a shooting machine. Problem is, he struggles with injuries. Still, I'm convinced that projecting out one year, possibly two, he is a better choice than Texier. Texier is a solid prospect and we have seen some good things from him. However, a learning curve and a need for opportunity will take some time and I don't think that will translate into him being a better own than Arvidsson over the next year or two even if Arvidsson misses 10 or so games.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Administrator

Arvidsson is the best player. You should be able to re-draft Lucic if you really need hits that badly. He'll be available along with many others.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Agree with the others that it's clearly not Lucic.

Arvidsson is better now, and likely for the next year or two, but he's very injury-prone. Texier could easily pass him, or could bust. I think I'd chance Arvidsson's injuries myself.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Well it is an unusual comparison of 3 different types of players for sure (:

Is this the team in your Sig? A little more info here would help. Hard to believe these guys are in consideration in a keep 8 (:

I'd like to know who you've penciled in for your keepers?

I eliminate Lucic immediately. The last few years and the foreseeable limited future are pretty bleak and the clock is running out on his career. You can find the hits elsewhere.

Which brings us to Texier and Arvidsson. I'm not sure what you mean by a semi rebuild but projecting out one, maybe two years, I think the best choice here is Arvidsson. This is a guy who can put up 60 points, he's done it twice and he is a shooting machine. Problem is, he struggles with injuries. Still, I'm convinced that projecting out one year, possibly two, he is a better choice than Texier. Texier is a solid prospect and we have seen some good things from him. However, a learning curve and a need for opportunity will take some time and I don't think that will translate into him being a better own than Arvidsson over the next year or two even if Arvidsson misses 10 or so games.
    It’s for league 2 in my signature, keep 20 plus farm.

I have been leaning Arvidsson the entire season up until lately, was just looking for some different perspectives. Texier I grabbed as a last minute waiver wire move at the end of the season, so now he’s in the mix too.

Lucic is most likely out of this decision, so it’s kinda between the more known commodity of Arvidsson and the potential upside of Texier.

Full keeper list plan below:

Forwards
    1. Huberdeau (LW)
    2. Stone (RW)
    3. Nugent-Hopkins (LW/C)
    4. W. Nylander (RW/LW)
    5. Hertl (C/LW)
    6. Kyrou (C/RW)
    7. Monahan (C)
    8. Tarasenko (RW)
    9. Burakovsky (LW)

Defense
    10. Theodore
    11. Chabot
    12. McAvoy
    13. Morrissey
    14. Dobson
    15. K. Miller

Goalies
    16. Hart
    17. Swayman
    18. Francouz

19. DeAngelo (risky I know...might not do it)
    20.?

Options: Lucic, Arvidsson, Texier, Broberg, Nolan Foote, Mathieu Joseph, Hague, Dube, Vladar

Farm keepers
    1. Frost
    2. Holloway
    3. Studnicka
    4. Dellandrea
    5. Ryan Merkley
    6. Perunovich
    7. C. Addison
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, W. Johnston, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Binnington

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Just thinking about this a little more...Wondering if Monahan should be in the mix as a non-keeper? Having hip surgery and may not be able to come back as his old self...

Perhaps the move is to keep both Arvidsson and Texier, and drop Monahan.

Or I might end up keeping all 3 and dropping DeAngelo. I want to see if/where he signs first though

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by joeb323 View Post
    It’s for league 2 in my signature, keep 20 plus farm.

I have been leaning Arvidsson the entire season up until lately, was just looking for some different perspectives. Texier I grabbed as a last minute waiver wire move at the end of the season, so now he’s in the mix too.

Lucic is most likely out of this decision, so it’s kinda between the more known commodity of Arvidsson and the potential upside of Texier.

Full keeper list plan below:

Forwards
    1. Huberdeau (LW)
    2. Stone (RW)
    3. Nugent-Hopkins (LW/C)
    4. W. Nylander (RW/LW)
    5. Hertl (C/LW)
    6. Kyrou (C/RW)
    7. Monahan (C)
    8. Tarasenko (RW)
    9. Burakovsky (LW)

Defense
    10. Theodore
    11. Chabot
    12. McAvoy
    13. Morrissey
    14. Dobson
    15. K. Miller

Goalies
    16. Hart
    17. Swayman
    18. Francouz

19. DeAngelo (risky I know...might not do it)
    20.?

Options: Lucic, Arvidsson, Texier, Broberg, Nolan Foote, Mathieu Joseph, Hague, Dube, Vladar

Farm keepers
    1. Frost
    2. Holloway
    3. Studnicka
    4. Dellandrea
    5. Ryan Merkley
    6. Perunovich
    7. C. Addison
    So you are currently keeping Tony D? For me he would not be worth the risk. I, personally, would drop that hot potato and keep both Texier and Arvidsson.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by joeb323 View Post
    Just thinking about this a little more...Wondering if Monahan should be in the mix as a non-keeper? Having hip surgery and may not be able to come back as his old self...

Perhaps the move is to keep both Arvidsson and Texier, and drop Monahan.

Or I might end up keeping all 3 and dropping DeAngelo. I want to see if/where he signs first though
    dropping TD is this first thing you do. i had hopes of him returning but at this point i dont anymore. i own Mona as well, but im on teh side that says "ok, he was hurt, makes sense now. ill hold and see what his rehab does and how he looks in the new season before i make any rash decisions."

keep Arvid and Tex, drop TD.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)