Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fair or not fair

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Fair or not fair

Good evening folks!

Just wanted to get some feedback from some of you. I'm in a 1 year points only league. The league end date was set for May 8th. A few weeks back, yahoo inserted a message in the league that they would provide the option to extend the deadline past this date of the league chose to.

Nothing was brought up, league ended last night with Yahoo reflecting the winner, which is me. Today, the Commish announced that he doesn't care what Yahoo says, league goes on and he'll count points manually. He's in 2nd place. He says he never noticed Yahoo's message.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Fair or not fair

Unfair. If this happened 3 weeks ago then that’s great, but with this timing you described he’s either cheating or sucks at being a commissioner because he needs to pay more attention. Unless you all discussed this possibility at the start of the season and said you’d count all games?
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Jones, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Immortal

Very unfair. Hopefully this league isn't for money.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by montreal_dan View Post
    Good evening folks!

Just wanted to get some feedback from some of you. I'm in a 1 year points only league. The league end date was set for May 8th. A few weeks back, yahoo inserted a message in the league that they would provide the option to extend the deadline past this date of the league chose to.

Nothing was brought up, league ended last night with Yahoo reflecting the winner, which is me. Today, the Commish announced that he doesn't care what Yahoo says, league goes on and he'll count points manually. He's in 2nd place. He says he never noticed Yahoo's message.

Thoughts?
    The commissioner has no right to universally make a change without league consent.

Also, let me guess, he never noticed the previous Yahoo message that said they weren't planning on extending the league either, but then they changed their minds. Oh, and did he not notice the league end date on the settings, for which he is responsible for making sure it's correct? Did he notice anything that was happening this year or just decided to wait to see what position he'd be in at the end?

As mentioned above, he's either doing this to try and win or he's a poor commissioner. In either case, he has no right to make this change without consent, especially at this late stage. I'd be out of that league if he makes that change. Actually, if this was a recurring league, I wouldn't return regardless as my trust in him would be gone.

No.. it was never discussed. Actually, when the league was setup, we still didn't know how many games would be played so a random number of 65 was inputed. When Yahoo made the max games correction, the league refused to modify because some GM's had already taken advantage of the extra games.

Yeah... I'm not impressed. Thanks for the feedback

Dobber Sports Immortal

No.. it was never discussed. Actually, when the league was setup, we still didn't know how many games would be played so a random number of 65 was inputed. When Yahoo made the max games correction, the league refused to modify because some GM's had already taken advantage of the extra games.

Yeah... I'm not impressed. Thanks for the feedback
    Sounds like you need a new league.

Dobber Sports Genius

Very unfair. As commish you have to be on top of things like this and leave no room for uncertainty. He's both a poor commish and loser.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya, thats greasy. The sad part is, no one else probably cares because they are already out of it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Is it a money league?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

Hopefully not for $. And this is how leagues die, and aren’t back next year. Commish without any scruples. Is he a public official in real life (just kidding)?
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm the admin for 2 separate points only dynasty leagues and we use Fantrax. Did not notice the May 8 deadline default setting before when I created the new seasons back in January. Of course I got surprise Sunday morning to see that both leagues 'ended' and the winners declared when both leagues always run until the final NHL game of the season is played. So I extended the seasons for both leagues until May 19 (as Fantrax allowed) and we continue on. Because it was a weird NHL season I think many Fantrax leagues weren't aware when they recreated new seasons from the previous year's entry.

Points only leagues shouldn't really be following the Roto or H2H schedules anyways

Dobber Sports Stud

Congrats on your win.

Strongly encourage you to find a different league
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Veteran

No matter how you slice this the league’s commish isnt any good. Unless its a buddy league, quitting at the end of the season is good feedback.

Our points league commish was active in canvassing the GMs about what we will do well ahead of time. No surprises.

Money league...winner take all

The other GM's(top 4) wanna play on. They think I'm unreasonable. It is what it is at this point!

I honestly wouldn't have minded if it had been discussed beforehand. It would have allowed me to alter my strategy, maybe hold a move and pick up a player with more games in hand. That's really my only issue

Dobber Sports Ace

Money league...winner take all

The other GM's(top 4) wanna play on. They think I'm unreasonable. It is what it is at this point!

I honestly wouldn't have minded if it had been discussed beforehand. It would have allowed me to alter my strategy, maybe hold a move and pick up a player with more games in hand. That's really my only issue
    lame commish. and any of the other gm's could have noticed and brought it up, of course they would want to extend the season because with a winner take all, they can only go up. i agree i'd be out on the league next year if it continues. good luck, hopefully you get your $$
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA: