Thread: Need G advice on the last day

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Need G advice on the last day

OK, this is it. The last day of the final. We're tied 4-4, and goalie categories are very important. Well, GAA and Sav% (I am already ahead by 2 Wins, so Wins don't matter). I have 2.72 and .889, he has 3.03 and .890. He is going to start Fleury vs STL (Yahoo predicts 2.50/.906).

I have the following goalies:

Campbell vs MON (will start, Yahoo predicts 2.30/.916)
    Lehner vs STL (probably won't start)
    Hill vs SJ (might start, 2.40/.913)
    Petersen vs COL (probably won't start, yet Yahoo does predict 1.70/.932)
    Shesterkin vs BOS (might start, 2.40/.922)
    Blackwood vs NYI (will start, 2.70/.904)
    Holtby vs EDM (probably won't start)
    Bobrovsky vs TB (will start, 2.60/.902)

Petersen does sound like the best option (even though he's facing Colorado), but LeftWingLock predicts Troy Grosenick will probably start instead.

Well, I do have one FA pick left. And I can pick Grosenick (whom Yahoo also likes, .926).

Should I pick him (before someone else does) and just roll with whomever starts for LA?

Or just play it safe and go with Campbell? The thing is, Campbell starts three hours before Fleury, so if he screws up and my GAA exceeds 3.03, my opponent will simply bench Fleury (since Wins are immaterial). With Petersen/Grosenick, this won't be an option, since LA game starts at the same time as VGK game.

Another option is Johansson, who might start tonight in the very same game, but for COL. I can pick him up... but Yahoo only gives him .913. I know, it sounds insane to pick an LA goalie over a COL one, but remember, the Wins don't matter.

And that's not all. I can also pick Melnichuk, who will start for SJ (but Yahoo only gives him .897). Or I can go with Hill. The SJ-ARI game starts 30 minutes after the VGK-STL game, so if Fleury screws up badly right away, maybe I'll have an option of not starting anyone...

So what do I do?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Need G advice on the last day

Don’t over think it, Leafs should win unless the habs are out to make a statement. Personally I don’t see it so Campbell is the play, you need him to get 3 gaa or less. Good luck
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Prodigy

A win is not important at all, the key is to improve Sav% by as much as possible while not screwing up GAA.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

And Habs still technically haven't qualified, so they do have a reason to play well.

Dobber Sports Icon

I went with Melnichuk and had similar options.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I honestly don't see why I would expect good Sav% from Melnichuk, nothing in his bio (and I did look him up) inspires me.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Not to mention that while LeftWingLock says Melnichuk will start, Yahoo says Korenar will.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha View Post
    And Habs still technically haven't qualified, so they do have a reason to play well.
    yes but they’ve been saying that for the last 5 or so games and they look uninterested and hope to hang on. But again, good luck on whomever you choose.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow habs off to solid start lol.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Well, I did go with Campbell. And he didn't suck. But unfortunately, Fleury did even better, so I lost both GAA and Sav%, and also the final game, 5-4.

I suppose the best choice would have been Bobrovsky, but at the time, it really seemed to be an extremely risky bet...