Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Disappointments of the season and projections for the next

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Disappointments of the season and projections for the next

I managed to bet on a few. Some were dropped during the season, some picked up again. I'm in a limited keeper, but the choices aren't to be made until the start of the next so I'm in no hurry. However, since I don't see much of the games, it's tough to tell what's up with the players and what to expect going forward.

Anthony Cirelli - I expected him to be a more productive. He's barely keepable at the current rate. Down year? Expect more next season or overhyped?
    Robert Thomas - Hurt most of the year (seems to be hurt a lot...) On top of that - no peripherals. He seems great from what I've seen from him, but maybe not productive enough to be fantasy relevant. What's the verdict on him?
    Denis Gurianov - Extremely inconsistent and not much value besides his goals. Maybe the potential for a 40 goal season somewhere in the career at the height, but something, maybe the work ethic makes him unreliable enough for me to not bet on him anymore.
    Filip Zadina - I dropped him mid season. Limited to a potential point producer. Is he still regarded a good prospect? Next season maybe?

I Samsonov - Are there some issues about him? He's out again. Washington seems to have soured on Kutznetsov. Not as sure about Samsonov as I thought I'd be.
    Yahoo Limited keeper: keep up to 8 players from the preceding season, but 2 of them has to be dropped at the end of the season, decided before the start. 'Keep eligible players' from draft round 11 and later, or undrafted.
    16 team league. H2H. League cats: G A +/- PIM PPP SHP SOG FW HIT BLK; W GAA SV SV% SHO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6Bench, 2IR
    Keepers 23/24 + cost of keeping. M Seider 2, B Tkachuk 5, D Batherson 4, D Cozens 1, W Johnston 1, F Gustavsson 1. Drafted and keep eligible: J Sanderson, T Harley, J Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Disappointments of the season and projections for the next

Hard to argue with those names.

Tony DeAngelo
    Ryan Graves (for those in Multi cat leagues)
    Nikita Gusev
    Robin Lehner

Those are some of the names I had on varying rosters who were disappointing guys for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Eichel - many factors here but still.....
    Bishop- did not expect gone all year
    Rossi - again external factors at work but I was really looking forward to see him play as top two C in mini
    Laine - I’m not surprised but still
    Monahan - just gets worst year to year it seams
    Pettersson - again many factors at play
    Hart - I made it known several times I’m not huge fan but stilll....he is much better than this
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Miro Heiskanen, first the COVID situation and a pretty bleak season overall.
    Teuvo Teravainen and Elias Pettersson with health issues and almost no positive production.
    16 Team H2H Yahoo Keeper League; 30 men roster (and 20 combined IR; IR+; 5 NA spots)
    Starters: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 2D, 4UTIL, 1G (2 starts per week required)
    Categories: G; A; P; +-; PPP; SHP; GWG; SOG, FOW, HIT / W; L; GAA; SV%; SHO

C: Barkov, Horvat, Cirelli (RW), Mercer (RW), Newhook (LW), A. Lowry, Hayton (LW), Dowd (RW), Rossi, Dellandrea (RW), M. Savoie
    LW/RW: A. Svechnikov, Guentzel, J. Robertson, E. Kane, Batherson, Bjorkstrand, Jarvis, Lehkonen, C. Brown, Vatrano, Peterka, Chinakhov, Balcers, Raddysh, Marchenko, Soderblom, Barabanov, Ohgren
    D: Seider, Dahlin, Heiskanen, Liljegren
    G: Hellebuyck, Saros, Ullmark, Wolf, Annunen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I had some hopes that Kaapo Kakko would be better than he was. He just doesn’t shoot the puck it seems.
    Not entirely his fault but I had higher hopes for Grzelcyk too. I’m not sure if he is injury prone or if he was just unlucky, but he has been a minor disappointment for me.
    Edited for spellings
    Last edited by Seyfert; May 8, 2021 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Spellings

Dobber Sports Veteran

On my team:

Boo: Meier, Labanc, Gurianov. Was expecting "the next level" on these. Olofsson (i kind of get this one)
    Woo: Zacha, Chychrun. Breaking out into expectation.

Dobber Sports Genius

Hart - at 22 it’s understandable but phillys defence didn’t help
    Turbo - injuries ruined a possible great season
    Dylan Strome - tick tock
    Taylor Hall - so is he done?

saying that I really think Teravainen will have a big year next year.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Sage

Don't think Hall is done. He has been (very small sample size) over a 70 pt player so far in Boston. If he stays and has a full training camp with the team I could see him as a near point per game player. On the 2nd line he's not going to face the top competition either.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Initiate

Plenty of disappointments listed. Some are more understandable and, under their circumstances, expected. These expected ones, I'd probably be inclined to give another shot at, but it's these other players - those who fail to take the expected next step, or those who fail to reach their former level - Will you give these players another chance on your team or were you mistaken about them? What's your expectation of the mentioned disappointing players going forward?

For me, unless I'm given good arguments against: Samsonov is kept. Cirelli will likely be kept for another year, R Thomas is likely out, but the play-offs will influence. Neither Gurianov nor Zadina are on my team, so that ship has sailed. I kept Zacha a long time during the season before I dropped him. He wasn't bad and he improved late in the season. Still doubtful of his fantasy value.
    Yahoo Limited keeper: keep up to 8 players from the preceding season, but 2 of them has to be dropped at the end of the season, decided before the start. 'Keep eligible players' from draft round 11 and later, or undrafted.
    16 team league. H2H. League cats: G A +/- PIM PPP SHP SOG FW HIT BLK; W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Keepers 23/24 + cost of keeping. M Seider 2, B Tkachuk 5, D Batherson 4, D Cozens 1, W Johnston 1, F Gustavsson 1. Drafted and keep eligible: J Sanderson, T Harley, J Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Agree with Grzelcyk - he was hyped up but injured all year. Weber also was a bust. Who would have thought Petry would have the year he had?

Big plus for me was Pavelski - fantastic year for the old man....

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ChilePuck View Post
    ... Who would have thought Petry would have the year he had?

Big plus for me was Pavelski - fantastic year for the old man....
    MacKenzie Weegar... He was a throw in when I traded for Cirelli last year and I dropped him immediately. He's had an amazing year both in fantasy and IRL, out of nowhere, for me atleast... edit: He's not on my team though

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yea, not a good season by Cirelli. Still just 23 years old, and no reason not keeping him. Maybe hold on to him until his value rises and try to trade him? I tried look him up on dobber hockey, but didnt find much. Maybe I just was lazy with the searches, but it would be interesting to hear what others think of him. He has somewhat flown under my radar.

Not to hijack the thread, but what do others think of Grzelcyk? Lots of good pp-time but not much peripherals and, as I posted earlier, is he injury prone?

Dobber Sports Stud

Rasmus Dahlin that dude stunk.......

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Rasmus Dahlin that dude stunk.......
    You could just write Buffalo here in this thread LOL
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You could just write Buffalo here in this thread LOL
    True. Although I did pick up Mittelstadt late in the season, and he kind of delivered. Aside from the obvious ones as Eichel, Reinhart and Dahlin, I'd keep an half an eye on Mittelstadt for next season. It's not like I'd recommend anyone to bet on Buffalo, but there might be a few low-buys/drafts in the team.