Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Disappointments of the season and projections for the next

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Disappointments of the season and projections for the next

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Is it good news? I suppose in a 1yr league it is. But a keeper/dynasty you just sold low on a whole roster. If I had to bet, I'd say 1/2 of these will come back to bite you next year
    Sorry, I should have wrote "many", not "most".

I still have as keepers for next year: McDavid Kucherov Aho Teravainen Seguin Fiala Necas Batherson Raymond Caufield Makar Pietrangelo Sergachev Petry and Vasilevskyi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Overall, I went into the season with pretty high expectations. My team is young, but seemed ready to take the next step and potentially compete. Made the playoffs, but lost in the quarterfinal by a single block. My roster was littered with disappointments this year - many of which I feel confident will bounce back next year.

Meier: He's been a keeper for me, but this has been 2 down seasons. He's on the bubble as a keeper.

Hughes: He made progress this year, although I was hoping for more. But I'm not worried about his future. He's a core building block.

Malkin: Slow start. Then started to play great, but got hurt when I needed him down the stretch. Might be time to move on from him. Maybe a trade candidate.

Pettersson: Like Malkin, slow start then injured for the year. Having 2 of my top 3 Cs out for the second half pretty much sunk my team this year. He'll bounce back.

Dahlin: Ouch. And I gave up a lot to trade for him the off-season. But I'm still betting on him long term.

Hart: Another ouch. I definitely didn't see a season like this coming. Normally there would be no question that I would keep him. But I'll have to make a decision/move between him and Shesterkin/Sorokin. So maybe another trade candidate.

Mrazek: Between Hart's play, and Mrazek's injury, my goaltending was screwed for the year.

Fiala: Kind of disappointing. First half was brutal. But generally made up for it in the second half. He has convinced me to keep him for next year.
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf54 View Post
    Overall, I went into the season with pretty high expectations. My team is young, but seemed ready to take the next step and potentially compete. Made the playoffs, but lost in the quarterfinal by a single block. My roster was littered with disappointments this year - many of which I feel confident will bounce back next year.

Meier: He's been a keeper for me, but this has been 2 down seasons. He's on the bubble as a keeper.

Hughes: He made progress this year, although I was hoping for more. But I'm not worried about his future. He's a core building block.

Malkin: Slow start. Then started to play great, but got hurt when I needed him down the stretch. Might be time to move on from him. Maybe a trade candidate.

Pettersson: Like Malkin, slow start then injured for the year. Having 2 of my top 3 Cs out for the second half pretty much sunk my team this year. He'll bounce back.

Dahlin: Ouch. And I gave up a lot to trade for him the off-season. But I'm still betting on him long term.

Hart: Another ouch. I definitely didn't see a season like this coming. Normally there would be no question that I would keep him. But I'll have to make a decision/move between him and Shesterkin/Sorokin. So maybe another trade candidate.

Mrazek: Between Hart's play, and Mrazek's injury, my goaltending was screwed for the year.

Fiala: Kind of disappointing. First half was brutal. But generally made up for it in the second half. He has convinced me to keep him for next year.
    i own Fiala as well and i agree with your assessment, what is bit concerning is that slow start as its second year in a row where he has taken off later in the season..hope its not a pattern.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Titan

Ovi, Eichel, Pettersson, Malkin, Josi, Teravainen, Gaudreau, Hall, Kuz, Pietrangelo, Connors final 10 games, PLD, Hoffman, Heiskanen, Dadonov, Trouba, J. Hughes.

I feel like you could just sort on Yahoo by O-Rank and list the players who are like ranked 500+.

The biggest disappointments for me were Pietrangelo, Hoffman's first 2/3rds of the season, Connor's final 10 games, Hellys final 10 games, Freddie Andersen, Pettersson gets an F because of the uncertainty of the length of the injury are my tops.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Even though I don't have them on my roster, and moved them before my trade deadline; Konecny and Werenski were big anchors on my team for the longest time and I used high draft picks on hoping they would take that leap forward.

Freddy Andersen was another one considering the team in front of him and the start he had, only to end the fantasy season on IR.
    12 Team - Dynasty H2H Category
    Skaters CAT: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    Goalies CAT: W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Roster: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, Util, 2G, 5BN, 3IR

C: Crosby, Stuetzle, RNH, Couturier
    LW: Ovechkin, Guentzel, Toffoli, Knies
    RW: Fiala, Perron, DeBrusk, Zuccarello
    D: Seider, Hronek, Pietrangelo, Heiskanen, McAvoy, Chychrun
    Util: Ekholm
    G: Vanecek, Gustavsson, UPL, Lyon, Forsburg
    Blue = Bench / Red = IR
    (Also in 2x 1-yr leagues but they aren't important)

Dobber Sports Titan

Oh projections...

Ovi - 35G/25A
    Eichel - 40G/40A
    Pettersson - 35G/35A
    Josi - 50pts
    Pietrangelo - 40pts
    Hoffman, Hall, Gaurdreau are all dependent where they end up.
    Kyle Connor - 30G/35A ish
    TT - 25G/45A
    Heiskanen, Trouba, PLD, Dadonov, J. Hughes - no idea.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll