Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: League End Date of May 8th - Extend or Not Extend

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: League End Date of May 8th - Extend or Not Extend

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    If you play in Yahoo, they specifically said a few weeks' ago they were not extending it. Even in earlier communication I had with them, before that announcement, they said they were not planning on extending it. Any reasonable commissioner would communicate this to the league so they know what's happening. Based on that information, it's a fair assumption that it would not be extended. However, Yahoo changed their mind a couple weeks ago to allow extensions. If the OP is in Yahoo, then it should be the commissioner who should've raised it earlier, and thus it's way too late to bring it up now. But if not Yahoo, well, it's still pretty late to bring it up. As EB said, people have been managing their teams knowing the option to extend wasn't available.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Dobber Sports Master

OP sounds like a roto league with likely max gp per position ?

if so , wouldnt your fellow gm's pose the question throughout the season since gp management is a big part of the game ?

maybe some guys timed it perfectly to finish up today and this new development gives the edge to gm's who didnt time it perfectly

or , you have a league full of laid back guys and extending it simply doesnt matter .

The Great One

Roto league you extend. H2H you don't. Easy peasy.

Dobber Sports Genius

Just found out that the season can be extended on Fantrax because the commish added a few days unexpectedly.

I have a 9.5 point lead in this roto league and have managed my roster over the past month to maximize my games played. I fully expect to lose 7 points with the possibility of up to 12-13 because of this unexpected change. I'll be pretty choked if it goes that far.

For the record, its a free league so money isn't an issue, I also don't believe there are any sinister intentions going on. Just doesn't seem right to make a last minute change like this.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Sage

You can't change the rules in the last couple days. Everyone had the same expectations on league end all year.
    So what if one team had a bunch of Vancouver players. You can't control that. Got to take it like an injury and roll with it.
    Dem the breaks.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Just found out that the season can be extended on Fantrax because the commish added a few days unexpectedly.

I have a 9.5 point lead in this roto league and have managed my roster over the past month to maximize my games played. I fully expect to lose 7 points with the possibility of up to 12-13 because of this unexpected change. I'll be pretty choked if it goes that far.

For the record, its a free league so money isn't an issue, I also don't believe there are any sinister intentions going on. Just doesn't seem right to make a last minute change like this.
    I feel for you. That would be very very frustrating.