Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: League End Date of May 8th - Extend or Not Extend

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default League End Date of May 8th - Extend or Not Extend

Unfortunately it was just brought up today…lol.

A couple guys think the roto league should be extended to the end of actual NHL season. While some think it should end on the prescheduled end of May 8th games…and the other half don’t care.

What have most of your Roto leagues decided on?

Thanks!
    10 Team 5 Keeper Roto....Stats are:G,A,+/-,HITS,PPP,SOG,FW and W,SO,GAA,SV%:

C-A.Barkov,V.Trochek,B.Horvat
    RW-A.Svechkinov(LW),T.Bertuzzi(LW),P.Laine(LW)
    LW-B.Marchand,E.Kane(RW),B.Schenn(RW/C)
    F-L.Couture(C)
    D-K.Letang,D.Nurse,M.Seider,N.Pionk
    G-I.Shesterkin.C.Hellebuyck
    BEN-E.Merzlikins(G),K.Kahkonen(G),J.Bratt(LW/RW),T.Toffoli(LW/RW),B.Jenner(LW/C),R.Andersson(D)
    IR-J.Vrana(LW),N.Ehlers(RW/LW)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: League End Date of May 8th - Extend or Not Extend

extend off course. Every players has the right of 56 games. This shouldn't even be a question

The Great One

I see both sides of it. I'm in four roto leagues. All four decided to extend for the above reason. In the Dobber tiered league it was voted on and there 4 of 12 GMs that voted against it.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I went with not extend in my leagues, because it could really favour a player with certain players who is in the final.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by JayJJeffery View Post
    I went with not extend in my leagues, because it could really favour a player with certain players who is in the final.
    H2H I don't see how you could extend...he's asking about roto.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I've never played Roto, so i'm not really sure of the differences, haha - just giving my opinion on what we did.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Icon

if your league has playoffs (not sure how you do that in roto) then you don't, but otherwise extend it..it wil be Van and CGY at the end but still...
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Titan

Our Dobber Stanley league was basically unanimous in not extending it. By doing so you throw out the window months of planning for GP limits and change the entire outlook of the league.
    In changing it you crap on the guys who planned meticulously and benefit the guys who just happen to be the first to pick up Vancouver players? No thanks.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Our Dobber Stanley league was basically unanimous in not extending it. By doing so you throw out the window months of planning for GP limits and change the entire outlook of the league.
    In changing it you crap on the guys who planned meticulously and benefit the guys who just happen to be the first to pick up Vancouver players? No thanks.
    In a roto, I think you have to extended. On the contrary point, what about the people who assumed that it would obviously be extended??

Unless your league specifically raised this point prior, with enough room between the point of raising to end of season, I think you have to extend. Me for one, I am in a yahoo league, and I assumed that they would obviously extend the season.

Edit: Either way there are argument's of not being fair. But IMO, play the season out as intended when drafted.

Dobber Sports Stud

It’s hard to imagine that “fair” could possibly be served by making or changing the rules on May 7th. Whatever it WAS, it should be.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by CMSpiced View Post

Edit: Either way there are argument's of not being fair. But IMO, play the season out as intended when drafted.
    So then it should end May 8? LOL

That was the end date when drafted. There is no rule setting for "League ends when every team plays 56 games"

Dobber Sports Wizard

This is hard...I run 3 h2h leagues and we keeping it may 8 as per original schedule cause it would unfair to some teams due to unbalanced schedule

With roto it’s technically unfair if some teams have more games played than other. Problem here is that u want to change it day before it should end...

I think no matter what happens there be some unhappy GMs... I just hope it will blow over and leave is strong moving forward...GL
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Genius

Roll with the punches, in a crazy season with crazy circumstances you have to be flexible. In my roto it was extended by the commish without debate. Every league is different.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    So then it should end May 8? LOL

That was the end date when drafted. There is no rule setting for "League ends when every team plays 56 games"
    Not in my opinion, the season was drafted not to end on May 8, but when all the teams have played all the games. You are kidding yourself if you drafted and thought the season would end on May 8th... or just extremely extremely optimistic...

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by CMSpiced View Post
    In a roto, I think you have to extended. On the contrary point, what about the people who assumed that it would obviously be extended??

Unless your league specifically raised this point prior, with enough room between the point of raising to end of season, I think you have to extend. Me for one, I am in a yahoo league, and I assumed that they would obviously extend the season.

If you play in Yahoo, they specifically said a few weeks' ago they were not extending it. Even in earlier communication I had with them, before that announcement, they said they were not planning on extending it. Any reasonable commissioner would communicate this to the league so they know what's happening. Based on that information, it's a fair assumption that it would not be extended. However, Yahoo changed their mind a couple weeks ago to allow extensions. If the OP is in Yahoo, then it should be the commissioner who should've raised it earlier, and thus it's way too late to bring it up now. But if not Yahoo, well, it's still pretty late to bring it up. As EB said, people have been managing their teams knowing the option to extend wasn't available.