Thread: Help with last year pickup

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Help with last year pickup

I have 1 more pickup to make. I’m ahead by 4 in goals , assists, and +/-. I’m up by 2 GwG and 29 shots. I’m currently losing PIMs (he has Tom Wilson, I’m not catching him in this one), ppp by 2, and losing faceoffs by 2 (I’ve clawed my way back here after he started the week with a 55 faceoff night).
    goalie categories are tight. He’s leading in wins 3-1 with Vasilevskiy and either Saros or Nedeljkovik left to play (possibly all 3 if vasi plays tomorrow). He has the clear lead in GAA with 2.48 to my 3.06. I have the edge in sv% by a hair (.903 to .897) and in saves (112 to 87), with likely at least 1 performance each from Lehner, Grubauer and Varlamov.

Do I:
    1) pick up a center to try and fight for faceoffs? I have 2 more games from Hertl, 2 more from Kopitar, and 1 each from Matthews, Trochek and Ericsson Ek, while he has 2 more from O’Reilly, 2 more from Giroux, and one each from Horvat, Scheifle and Pavelski. If so, do I pick Roslovic, eller, Bozak or Glendening?

2) pick up a goalie and hope I properly predict goalie starts? It seems like a bad idea, but korenar is already confirmed and is playing well, as Greiss has 5 shutout games in his last 10 regular season games vs the bluejackets?

3) pick up a player to try and compete for PPPs. If so, do I take Connor Garland or Mike Hoffman?

any help appreciated!
    Yahoo 10 team H2H league (1 year)
    Positions: 2C, 4W, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN
    Forward Categories: G, A, P,+/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW
    Goalie Categories: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: A. Matthews, A. Kopitar, V. Trochek
    W: P. Kane, B. Tkachuk, J. Guentzel, E. Kane, T. Hall, T. Hertl, T. Teravainen
    D: D. Hamilton, V. Hedman, A. Pietrangelo, Mike Reilly
    G: S. Varlamov, R. Lehner, P. Grubauer
    IR: J. Eichel

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Help with last year pickup

I'd go for faceoffs. Glendening plays Friday and Saturday. Can you fit him in?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I decided to go faceoffs, but I went with Roslovic. Now the question is whether I sit a real scorer (Guentzel, Turbo, E.Kane) for Roslovic on Saturday and leave my point lead less protected or trust that with Hertl/Kopitar/Roslovic/Eriksson Ek tonight and Hertl/Matthews/Trochek/Kopitar tomorrow I give myself a good enough chance. I’m already sitting Hall for Hertl on Saturday to facilitate the faceoffs (which should be ok, Hertl has also been red hot points-wise), sitting another scorer for Roslovic seems dodgy...
    Yahoo 10 team H2H league (1 year)
    Positions: 2C, 4W, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN
    Forward Categories: G, A, P,+/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW
    Goalie Categories: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: A. Matthews, A. Kopitar, V. Trochek
    W: P. Kane, B. Tkachuk, J. Guentzel, E. Kane, T. Hall, T. Hertl, T. Teravainen
    D: D. Hamilton, V. Hedman, A. Pietrangelo, Mike Reilly
    G: S. Varlamov, R. Lehner, P. Grubauer
    IR: J. Eichel

Dobber Sports Immortal

I see 79% FO % beside Glendening tonight....