Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My NHL 21 Mock Draft- Top Ten

The Great One

Default My NHL 21 Mock Draft- Top Ten

Buffalo- Owen Power- Ok so Im not the biggest Power fan but "oh my goodness!!". Can you imagine a top two pairing of Dahlin and Power. The next play I make internally is hiring a defensive coaching staff with some clout to make sure both guys maximize their strengths and develop properky even if that means slowing down their deployment in the short term. There are worse ways to build your team than around these two towering behemoth. Despite the exodus of Eichel their is still a mish mash of extremely intriguing offensive talent on this team and if you can get these two anchoring your D-core? Youre in very good shape. Boom or bust pick but the boom would be with a capital B.

Anaheim- Dylan Guenther- Much like the devils selecting Holtz last year to be Hughe triggerman- the same logic applies here for Zegras as you get a topline pairing made in heaven. Im not the most knowledgable on Gunether specifically but his game continues to improve and excel right now and with D and G sealed up pretty tight its about time for the ducks to add some quack up front and I feel like Guenther is the best goal scoring option to do that and maxiize Zegras inherent playmaking talent.

Seattle- Matthew Beniers- What a solid number one selection. Known to some extent a a Toews-lite, the moniker speaks to the kids lack of quit- he doesnt know the meaning of the word. Adding his talent, and projectable prodyuction on one hand isfantastic but you also couldnt ask for a better role model for your other player/prospects than this kid when it comes to being a pro and staying hunry game in and game out. Centers are always in season and getting a projectable solid number two or even one B would help any franchise regardless of where theyre at in their dyasty development.

New Jersey- William Eklund- Ive heard the Hughes talk here and although thatd be a fantastic pick I think youv got a great plug and play option with Eklund who already has built in chemistry with Holtz. A dual threat option from the wing- shooter/playmaker- would be a drool worthy addition to a topline of Hughes and Holtz or even set up a dominant L2 with Hischier who is versatile himself.

Columbus- Kent Johnson- Without a doubt CNJ is covered from the net out- so adding a forward here is the route to go. Ideally youre hoping Johnson pan out as a center although that may in fact be disputable right now. In either case adding the best forward option ossible is the way to go here and in Johnson I think youre doing just that.

Detroit- Jesper Walstedt- And with their 2021 first rounder Yzerman sows up the goalie situation for his dynasty in the works. In Walstedt they get a fire and frget goaltending option that locks them up for the next decade or more and saves a lot of headaches that stem from dealing with the leagues wonkiest position. I deally they might be looking for a center here to push arkin just a tad down the depth chart but you fdont look a gift horse in the mouth when a franchise goaltender is staring you in the face. He buit around Vasy in TB and this will be a smooth move that really starts to usher in the new age in detroit. You might have to wait 2-3 years but by the time hes ready to start the franchise will be ready to clinch and the divergent timelines will coalesce in abrilliant Yzerminnish explosion!

Ottawa- Fabian Lysell- With their D-unit all locked up going forward Ottawa will elect for a forward to compliment Steutzle or Norris and theyll get my personal favorite in Lysell. His non-stop motor will comiment the team blue collar , workmanlike approach to the game and his skill will mesh with their recent additions. Ottawa is no stranger to adding wedish wunderkinds to their program and theyll opt to do so again next year to the delight of their fans.

San Jose- Brandt Clarke- Clarke/Huhes have fallen way too far in this mock and SJ stops the madness by adding one of them- in this case Clarke. Adding Clarke to Merkley cleans up the mess that will be left in the wake of Burns/EK65 slowly finding their way toward retirement. A steal for the sharks.

LA- Auty Raty- I am no nearly as down as others are on Raty based n the amazing work done by Will scouch. I think hes got it in him to be a great second lie center that is winning the defensive side of the game habdily for your team. The brilliant part is that his size would be such a huge contributor to a teamthats already marching out Quinton Byfield on L1 and the beauty is that both will have been mentored by one of this eras better big men the legend that is Anze Kopitar. I really feel like a lot of Autus issue is confidence and going to LA where he wouldnt even be the focal point of media attention/opposition tactics- could work wondors for the big man. He may slip further than this but what an add this could be for LA if he can regain his lost form going into this year when he was almost certainly a lock as the cnsenus number one ick~!!

Vancouver- Luke Huges- Ok so this may be a tad toward the "wishfu; thinking" realm of thinking but their is a universe where Hughe falls to 10th and the Canucks managment trip over themselves on the way to ... the uh... conference call? To go ahead and select Quinns younger brother Luke. An admitted "student of the game"- Luke would be in an unprecedented position to pick the brain of his brother and one of the games more prominent defensive superstars on a night in, night out basis. Like I said this one may be a not of a stretch but if it happened what a coup it would be for Van city!!

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: My NHL 21 Mock Draft- Top Ten

The way the nucks are playing they might actually pick in the top 5!! Making Hughes a realistic option.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Initiate

Matthew Berniers
    William Eklund
    Fabian Lysell
    Luke Hughes
    Owen Power
    Brandt Clarke
    Dylan Guenther
    Kent Johnson
    Aatu Räty
    Jesper Wallstedt

This is my personal ranking
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    Matthew Berniers
    William Eklund
    Fabian Lysell
    Luke Hughes
    Owen Power
    Brandt Clarke
    Dylan Guenther
    Kent Johnson
    Aatu Räty
    Jesper Wallstedt

i personally dont have Berniers anywhere close to the top for fantasy purpose..i think he will be very usefull NHL player but he will be more of Jordan Stall than anything with skill....
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

It's not my fantasy ranking but best nhl player ranking

I think Berniers can be a Couturier type of player if he gets close to his celling

Dobber Sports Wizard

fair enough...still dont have him anywhere near the top

one person missing for me in those lists is Edvinsson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    fair enough...still dont have him anywhere near the top

one person missing for me in those lists is Edvinsson

Ed is so much of a project I would take him in the top 5 but if you twist my arm I can take him 6-10. I have him 11.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    Matthew Berniers
    William Eklund
    Fabian Lysell
    Luke Hughes
    Owen Power
    Brandt Clarke
    Dylan Guenther
    Kent Johnson
    Aatu Räty
    Jesper Wallstedt

Is there really much difference in the top ten do you think? seems pretty wide open Lysall having a great U18 tourney

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    Is there really much difference in the top ten do you think? seems pretty wide open Lysall having a great U18 tourney
    agreed but it appears quite even but I’m not sure if it’s because it is even skill wise or we just don’t have enough info. It was next to impossible to scout most guys.some played few games or didn’t play at all.

Dobber Sports Stud

With at least one keeper-league 1st-overall pick for next year, I don’t see any of these guys as “worthy” unless I was in a 3-year rebuild. I’ll be watching signings from KHL and Swedish league. C’mon Preds, sign that GK !!
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    With at least one keeper-league 1st-overall pick for next year, I don’t see any of these guys as “worthy” unless I was in a 3-year rebuild. I’ll be watching signings from KHL and Swedish league. C’mon Preds, sign that GK !!
    Arvid Söderblom? Just curious who you're referring to.

edit: Just realised you're talking about Askarov. He's under contract in the KHL next season.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I see one player that is worth that first overall pick!! If you don't take him, I am sure the guy picking second in whatever league this is will happily select him.

I also see this draft as the calm before the storm... because we have some really good options in the coming years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Arvid Söderblom? Just curious who you're referring to.

edit: Just realised you're talking about Askarov. He's under contract in the KHL next season.
    Yaroslav Askarob...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post

Yaroslav Askarob...
    I hope he has that trademarked already.

Dobber Sports Stud

Askarov... Preds. Not yet signed. Not yet draft-able. Obviously I’ll watch to see if Saros gets a 2-year extension, or 5-6 years. And KHL next year, but maybe worth it to have him after that. Did people draft Lafreniere or Jack Hughes thinking they’d make an immediate PPG impact??
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Pro

Askarov... Preds. Not yet signed. Not yet draft-able. Obviously I’ll watch to see if Saros gets a 2-year extension, or 5-6 years. And KHL next year, but maybe worth it to have him after that. Did people draft Lafreniere or Jack Hughes thinking they’d make an immediate PPG impact??
    Connor Ingram is in the mix as well as Saros.

Miller, Lack, Elliot