Thread: Jason Robertson. Rep

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Jason Robertson. Rep

Very good season, but is he a sell high like Hintz, or is he likely to be close to a point per game consistently?
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Jason Robertson. Rep

I think Robertson will only get better as he matures in the NHL. Even though he gets like 2:00 TOIPP I think he will play at that level or more. He has 7 PPP and has scored a vast majority of his points at 5v5. With Seguin back and him getting possibly decreased PP minutes, the even strength points become even more important for him and the team. This means he can only (obviously) get better with increased PP time and especially PP1 time on a very good PP. Benn isn't what he used to be and Seguin has had some injury woes, so that young corps will be taking over Dallas soon enough and Robertson will be integral to any future success.

I think he is a high ceiling keeper. I wouldn't deal him, he's 21 and has a big frame built to get goals. Good luck.

Dobber Sports Pro

I would definitely keep him. He’s 3rd in the league for primary points/60 at 5v5 behind only McDavid and Matthews( thanks Micheal Clifford for the info lol ) If it’s for points only like in your sig, this kid is gold

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He's having close to point per game as a rookie, he's getting his points 5vs5, he's not riding on anyone's cocktail like Crosby or McDavid, he's not taking advantage of a weak division in this pandemic season, he's been a top guy everywhere he played before, he has not been injured seriously.

I would be curious to ear the reasons he would be a sell high. That's the kind of guy you try to get, not to sell. If you can get a proven 90 pts player for him, you trade him, but he's not a typical sell high for sure.

Dobber Sports Ace

Just to clarify, I do not have Robertson. I was just wondering if he was actually worth paying a lot for. The GM who has him rarely replies to messages so I’m not overly hopeful.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    Just to clarify, I do not have Robertson. I was just wondering if he was actually worth paying a lot for. The GM who has him rarely replies to messages so I’m not overly hopeful.
    I have a GM like that in my league, you have to overpay for his players if you deal with him sober, but if you catch him when he's high, you can really do damage.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Roope Hintz is not a PPG player.. it's 40 games of this. How many guys do we see put up a point-per-game of 40 games and never come close to reaching that over a full season and seasons... you would be surprised by that... look at Stacy Roest and Jim Dowd who went 30 games putting up a point-per-game... or like saying Chris Kontos would be a 80 goal scorer because he started his Tampa Bay career with 18 goals in his first 18 games.

i don't trust Hintz's recent production to continue.

He's also like a Bryan Rust, the truth will reveal itself over a period of time. I trust Rust as a 60 point guy, but not the 84 points over prorated 82 games he got last season. Perhaps you can expect Roope to be a solid 45-60 point per season guy, but this... nah.

With Jason Robertson's trajectory (how he's developed even throughout lower levels), his skillset, and ability to do what he's done in the NHL right from the get-go, I believe he's safer to project to be what he's shown, with even a good chance to produce more. I just don't buy into Hintz's current pace being his new norm.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    Even if he is (or will be) worth it, it's just not an ideal/optimal time to go fishing right now. I'd much rather wait it out til the hype is lower, a cold stretch next season, etc. before exploring. Might be a moot point if the other GM rarely replies anyways - but I'd prefer to take my chances that he doesn't have a completely linear path to super stardom and I can snag him at a 'low' rather than pay what he'll likely cost right now.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji