Thread: Anyone ever lost their finals in the first night?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Anyone ever lost their finals in the first night?

This is freaking absurd. I know I've only been playing fantasy hockey for 2 years (5 leagues total), but I still think this shouldn't be possible. I've never seen a 15 pt (6G, 9A) night. And definitely not one that also included 16 pims (from one player! damn you Tom Wilson!), 37 shots, and 55 (!) faceoff wins. I did the work to see what changes I needed to do. Based on the averages over the last 30 days, my team was projected to win the week, even if his 'average' performance rounded up and mine rounded down. our nights last night should have been neck and neck, nearly identical. But what the serious F! Giroux with 3 points, who had 5 points in the last 11? Weegar with 2? 14 faceoff wins from Scheifle (in the last 3 seasons, he has 8 starts above 13)?

My team had a respectable 9 point night (would have been higher if I'd gone with my gut and replaced patrick kane with evander kane), 28 shot, 31 faceoff night, though I'm really unhappy with my goalie performance. Between Grubauer and Varlamov, I should be able to muster better than 3.53 GAA and .894 Sv% ( would have been worse if I'd played Lehner), but wow. I definitely feel like I got robbed.
    Yahoo 10 team H2H league (1 year)
    Positions: 2C, 4W, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN
    Forward Categories: G, A, P,+/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW
    Goalie Categories: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: A. Matthews, A. Kopitar, V. Trochek
    W: P. Kane, B. Tkachuk, J. Guentzel, E. Kane, T. Hall, T. Hertl, T. Teravainen
    D: D. Hamilton, V. Hedman, A. Pietrangelo, Mike Reilly
    G: S. Varlamov, R. Lehner, P. Grubauer
    IR: J. Eichel

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Anyone ever lost their finals in the first night?

It's Monday. And it was a rare busy Monday. I wouldn't worry about it yet.