Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: The Mighty Ducks - Game Changers

  1. #1
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default The Mighty Ducks - Game Changers

    Anyone started the new Mighty Ducks tv show?

    Is it good? Is it worth it? I heard some of the original District 5 Ducks are part of the show?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



  2. #2
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Jedi

    Default Re: The Mighty Ducks - Game Changers

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Anyone started the new Mighty Ducks tv show?

    Is it good? Is it worth it? I heard some of the original District 5 Ducks are part of the show?
    It's pretty cringe. I watch it because there's like nothing else to do and it's the Mighty Ducks. But the "lessons" in the show are so surface level and grade school lessons it is super cringe most of the time. But I'm actually pretty impressed with the kids acting skills.

    I'd say watch it, but I'm not going out of my way to suggest it. It's prolly a 6/10 to me and about 3 of those points are because it's the Mighty Ducks.
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

    C: Tavares, Krejci, Pavelski (RW)
    LW: Connor, Palat, Miller (RW,C)
    RW: Marner, Pastrnak, Wilson
    D: Josi, Theodore, Doughty, McAvoy, Sandin
    G: Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Jarry
    IR: Eichel

  3. #3
    Belexus75's Avatar
    Belexus75 is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    35

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default Re: The Mighty Ducks - Game Changers

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It's pretty cringe. I watch it because there's like nothing else to do and it's the Mighty Ducks. But the "lessons" in the show are so surface level and grade school lessons it is super cringe most of the time. But I'm actually pretty impressed with the kids acting skills.

    I'd say watch it, but I'm not going out of my way to suggest it. It's prolly a 6/10 to me and about 3 of those points are because it's the Mighty Ducks.
    funny you say that, i felt exactly the same about Karte Kid series....watched it cause of original movies but i really struggled through it...felt more like work than pleasure lol
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

    Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

    C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

  4. #4
    Location
    Beaumont, AB
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Superstar

    Default Re: The Mighty Ducks - Game Changers

    If your expectations are not very high, then it can be enjoyable. Let's be honest, the Mighty Ducks movies were not that good to begin with so the remake into a series is not going to be very good either.

    With that said, I look forward to watching it every weekend!!!

  5. #5
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: The Mighty Ducks - Game Changers

    Thanks all. I am going to go for it.

    I am probably going to watch the original movies series before getting into the TV series.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



  6. #6
    Belexus75's Avatar
    Belexus75 is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    35

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default Re: The Mighty Ducks - Game Changers

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Thanks all. I am going to go for it.

    I am probably going to watch the original movies series before getting into the TV series.
    watch first Rambo movie last night!!! going for II today and probably III tomorrow lol
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

    Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

    C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

  7. #7
    Feenom's Avatar
    Feenom is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    665
    Rep Power
    7

    Dobber Sports Apprentice

    Default Re: The Mighty Ducks - Game Changers

    Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    watch first Rambo movie last night!!! going for II today and probably III tomorrow lol
    First Blood was awesome, Rambo II amazing, Pt III a bit hokey but still good. The fourth one was very bloody and the last one felt a bit western but enjoy!
    Last edited by Feenom; May 6, 2021 at 4:45 PM. Reason: Add pt 5
    Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear
    How years ago in days of old when magic filled the air
    'twas in the darkest depths of Mordor, mm-I met a girl so fair
    but Gollum and the Evil One crept up and slipped away with her

  8. #8
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Jedi

    Default Re: The Mighty Ducks - Game Changers

    Game Changers is 10 episodes, and the 7th just released today. So it's at least something that can fill the gap to the Loki series that drops in June. That's pretty much why I'm watching it now lol.

    Didn't realize this, but it's filmed in Vancouver!
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

    C: Tavares, Krejci, Pavelski (RW)
    LW: Connor, Palat, Miller (RW,C)
    RW: Marner, Pastrnak, Wilson
    D: Josi, Theodore, Doughty, McAvoy, Sandin
    G: Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Jarry
    IR: Eichel

  9. #9
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: The Mighty Ducks - Game Changers

    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Game Changers is 10 episodes, and the 7th just released today. So it's at least something that can fill the gap to the Loki series that drops in June. That's pretty much why I'm watching it now lol.

    Didn't realize this, but it's filmed in Vancouver!
    I read that Game Changers was filmed in Canada. And that the writer wanted to have the original Ducks sprinkled in. but because of quarantine rules he couldn't
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



  10. #10
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Jedi

    Default Re: The Mighty Ducks - Game Changers

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I read that Game Changers was filmed in Canada. And that the writer wanted to have the original Ducks sprinkled in. but because of quarantine rules he couldn't
    Ya from what I've seen they kind of forced an episode that brought in the old Ducks, and it was only like 6 of them. I would have thought more would have been involved. I think they stopped filming after not to long, then had to start up again. So I'm not really surprised that they needed to alter the storyline with the old Ducks because of COVID/Canada rules.
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

    C: Tavares, Krejci, Pavelski (RW)
    LW: Connor, Palat, Miller (RW,C)
    RW: Marner, Pastrnak, Wilson
    D: Josi, Theodore, Doughty, McAvoy, Sandin
    G: Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Jarry
    IR: Eichel

  11. #11
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: The Mighty Ducks - Game Changers

    just saw the episode where some of the original ducks come back.. tugged at the heart strings!

    Really was disappointed that Charlie Conway was not part of the episode!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



  12. #12
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Jedi

    Default Re: The Mighty Ducks - Game Changers

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    just saw the episode where some of the original ducks come back.. tugged at the heart strings!

    Really was disappointed that Charlie Conway was not part of the episode!
    I felt that episode was the most awkward one and the weirdest writing. Prolly because it was forced, and last minute,
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

    C: Tavares, Krejci, Pavelski (RW)
    LW: Connor, Palat, Miller (RW,C)
    RW: Marner, Pastrnak, Wilson
    D: Josi, Theodore, Doughty, McAvoy, Sandin
    G: Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Jarry
    IR: Eichel

  13. #13
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: The Mighty Ducks - Game Changers

    Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    funny you say that, i felt exactly the same about Karte Kid series....watched it cause of original movies but i really struggled through it...felt more like work than pleasure lol
    I love Cobra Kai.

    I dont have Disney + so I have yet to see the Mighty Ducks reboot.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Gusev, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Burns, JStaal, JSchwartz, KHayes, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, Domi, Cozenz, Hayton, Vrana

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Sorokin


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •