Thread: Raymond + Caufield vs Laine

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Raymond + Caufield vs Laine

Would you accept this trade. My Laine vs his Raymond and Caufield
    10 team, points only, no cap, Bonus : PPG, SHG, HT, Shoot Out
    Top 9F, 4D, 1G . Keep 10 + 2 extras 150g or less, Max 22 (12F, 6D, 2G + 2 extras)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Raymond + Caufield vs Laine

What does the rest of your team look like? Do you have to drop someone to make room for the extra asset? More info would help assessing the offer.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

In 2 for 1s, there's always a 4th player involved...

I would consider doing it, but only because I am high on Cole Caufield and that may make me stupid seeing as how Patrik Laine has had the best goal scoring totals of any teenager outside of Jimmy Carson and some guy named Wayne Gretzky. Ever heard of him?

That being said, his career looks like it's heading directly where Jimmy's did... down the toilet, and post haste. I still wouldn't write off a guy who's 23 this year, but it's not promising.

Oh and then you get some Lucas Raymond guy who's good. Also the Detroit Red Wings are in desperate need to have another gamer that can take heat off of their 1st line and perhaps even be considered as top line talent himself. Dylan Larkin isn't showing as a good driver. Not sold on Jakub Vrana or Tyler Bertuzzi's ceilings as high-end.

So we can come back full circle, as the above poster said, there is no such thing as a 2 for 1. You're always forgoing another roster spot. Is it a quality player? Also how does your protection look like. Would this take an otherwise player of value away that you would protect... so it's not as easy without giving us the fourth player in the deal.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hi,

In fact I need to protect 10 players and Laine to my his the odd man out (I started another post on this one yesterday). Like you say, Laine career seems to go nowhere.

I have McDavid, Kucherov, Aho, Teravainen, Seguin, Fiala, Laine, Pietrangelo, Sergachev, Petry and Vasilievskyi. That makes 11. One of them must leave.

But, there is something else. Players under 150g don't need to be protect. So I can keep Necas, Batherson, Makar and Holtz on top of the 10 keepers. Caufield and Raymond would fit there nicely since they are easily under 150 games!

In the other post, plepole suggest to leave out Petry, but I don't feel I am strong enough with the D to let him go. He is on 64pts pace and he dominates (I am a Habs fan and watch many games).

Thanks
    10 team, points only, no cap, Bonus : PPG, SHG, HT, Shoot Out
    Top 9F, 4D, 1G . Keep 10 + 2 extras 150g or less, Max 22 (12F, 6D, 2G + 2 extras)

Dobber Sports Wizard

i would jump all over this no matter the circumstances, with what you just described this is huge win for you in my eyes.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Do it if he's not a keeper for you. Laine might rebound if he goes elsewhere but in your circumstances, this is a good return instead of leaving him unprotected.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd take that return, since you need to lose somebody.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Palefa View Post
    Hi,

In fact I need to protect 10 players and Laine to my his the odd man out (I started another post on this one yesterday). Like you say, Laine career seems to go nowhere.

I have McDavid, Kucherov, Aho, Teravainen, Seguin, Fiala, Laine, Pietrangelo, Sergachev, Petry and Vasilievskyi. That makes 11. One of them must leave.

But, there is something else. Players under 150g don't need to be protect. So I can keep Necas, Batherson, Makar and Holtz on top of the 10 keepers. Caufield and Raymond would fit there nicely since they are easily under 150 games!

In the other post, plepole suggest to leave out Petry, but I don't feel I am strong enough with the D to let him go. He is on 64pts pace and he dominates (I am a Habs fan and watch many games).

Thanks
    This is the type of information you need to share in your OP.

Yes, id make that move.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Get it done!

Dobber Sports Initiate

It is done as of last night 🙂

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Palefa View Post
    It is done as of last night 
    That’s awesome! A clear win for you, especially with your minors keeper setup.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Jones, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk