Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who should not be kept here?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Who should not be kept here?

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    I’m shoppin Piets and Petry and Laine to get the best deal
    This!
    12 Team - Dynasty H2H Category
    Skaters CAT: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    Goalies CAT: W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Roster: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, Util, 2G, 5BN, 3IR

C: Crosby, Stuetzle, RNH, Couturier
    LW: Ovechkin, Guentzel, Toffoli, Knies
    RW: Fiala, Perron, DeBrusk, Zuccarello
    D: Seider, Hronek, Pietrangelo, Heiskanen, McAvoy, Chychrun
    Util: Ekholm
    G: Vanecek, Gustavsson, UPL, Lyon, Forsburg
    Blue = Bench / Red = IR
    (Also in 2x 1-yr leagues but they aren't important)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Palefa View Post
    I am in a win now (next year) situation. It is good that you challenge me on this move. The next question is therefore: what's next with Laine? Is he able to bounce back in Columbus? His shot rate has drop to 1.9 per game while it was always over 3. And he is still getting PP minutes and over 17min total per game.
    A good question. No one has a crystal ball here and I certainly don't, but I'm convinced that Laine will bounce back. He's 24 years old and has put up no less than 50 pts in his career including 3 seasons of over 60 in his short 5 year NHL career. These are pretty impressive numbers with the exception of this years anomaly. If Torts is gone, or Laine is traded, I fully expect him to rebound. That said, there is risk that this regression continues. Continuing on discussing risk, we need to take a hard look at what might be in store for Caulfield and Raymond. All to often the expectations associated with prospects prove to be a bit optimistic. If we are talking a Crosby, McDavid or a Matthews, well, that's one thing, but I just can't see either Caulfield or Raymond fitting into that elite group that immediately transitions into the NHL and produce big numbers right from the get go. Rather, there will be a learning curve and if all goes well, steady improvement. And yes, there is risk that one of these guys doesn't pan out as expected, this is a reality we see time and time again with top ranked prospects that struggle early on. All this to say, if I'm in win now mode, I'm comfortable with the risk associated with keeping Laine rather than the risk associated with hitching my wagon to totally unproven prospects.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

I fully agree with this, but if Laine stays, another keeper must go (Pietrangelo, Petry, Fiala or Seguin)... so it is not only Caufield + Raymond vs Caufield, there is another keeper that havd to go!

Dobber Sports Superstar

I hear you. All I can suggest, as others have, is shop AP, Petry and Laine and see what happens. In fact I'd throw Fiala and Seguin into the mix as well. You do need to make a drop one way or the other but the more options you have the better, but, it's a bit of work, however, it could pay off. Decent prospects for AP, Petry, Fiala and Seguin might work. The trick is to find a compromise whereby you remain competitive next year and stash some prospects for the future. That's not easy but it's worth pursuing. All the best, good luck! Keep us posted.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

I made few offers, nothing worked. So I have accepted Laine vs Raymond and Caufield, and was able to swap on top of that my 4th round pick vs 3rd.

Thanks all for your feedback!

Dobber Sports Ace

I have an offer for Laine in fact. Caufield and Raymond, both don't need protection because they have less than 150g.

Do you expect Laine to have a brighter future? What are the options in front of him? He is a RFA, stuck in Columbus. I know Torts is not suppose to come back, but this team is offensively so weak!
    I’m taking that deal and not looking back. Two future franchise players over a talented guy who’s attitude and effort have been in question for most of his career. Easy choice for me.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

The Great One

I have an offer for Laine in fact. Caufield and Raymond, both don't need protection because they have less than 150g.

Do you expect Laine to have a brighter future? What are the options in front of him? He is a RFA, stuck in Columbus. I know Torts is not suppose to come back, but this team is offensively so weak!
    JuMP on that CC deal!!!! That solves your issue AND is a stel. Win/win/win.