Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who should not be kept here?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Who should not be kept here?

Hi all

I can only keep 6 skaters on the 7 on this list. I should then trade one. Who's the one to sacrify?

Teravainen Seguin Laine Fiala Sergachev Pietrangelo Petry

Thanks
    10 team, points only, no cap, Bonus : PPG, SHG, HT, Shoot Out
    Top 9F, 4D, 1G . Keep 10 + 2 extras 150g or less, Max 22 (12F, 6D, 2G + 2 extras)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Who should not be kept here?

I would let Petry go and hope to find those cats in the draft next year.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I would let Petry go and hope to find those cats in the draft next year.
    I agree with this.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

For me, it comes down to Petry or AP. I actually got curious enough to go into Frozen Tools and run a player comparison. Recommend you do the same, but summarized, this year and surprisingly, over the last three years, Petry has statistically been the better own. Petry is 33 and AP is 31. So, that might be a factor or not depending on how far out you may be projecting. As many predicted, AP's move to Vegas and the emergence of Shea Theordore has reduced AP's role and numbers from his days with the Blues. Petry, seems to be the guy in Montreal, certainly that seems to be the case over the last 2 years. I'm not sure that changes next year, and I expect what we are seeing with AP this year will also not change much. I may be wrong here, but it seems to me that Petry is undervalued while AP is now arguably overvalued. I'd be inclined to keep Petry and shop AP as he seems to have more "name value" than Petry, yet the numbers favor Petry. You could also put Petry on the trade block and see what kind of return you would get for both AP and Petry. I suspect, AP would give you the better return but it doesn't hurt to "cover all the bases".
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply. In fact to me I am surprise to see Petry's name as being teh odd man out. To me it was between Seguin, Fiala, Laine and Pietrangelo. 1 month ago it was Fiala but he is actually so hot that he's now becoming impossible to drop. Seguin before his injury was a steady 70-80 pts producer.

So it is down to Pietrangelo and Laine. Pietrangelo is okay and fill a difficult hole to fill, and wouldn't provide a great return in a trade. And Laine that goes nowhere and still has great value in a trade.

So this is where I am in my reflexion.
    Top 9F, 4D, 1G . Keep 10 + 2 extras 150g or less, Max 22 (12F, 6D, 2G + 2 extras)

Dobber Sports Genius

If it's down to AP and Laine, keep the sniper. If you can get a good deal in a trade for Laine then sure, otherwise keep him. Better days are ahead.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I like the way you are looking at this. However, I'm keeping the young gun in Laine and moving on from AP. If you can get a great return on Laine, fine, but now is not a good time to be shopping him. That said, I think this guy is a fantastic offensive asset and the current situation will resolve itself and you will have a legitimate potential 50 goal scorer. Not too many of those around. Whatever you decide good luck!

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Initiate

I have an offer for Laine in fact. Caufield and Raymond, both don't need protection because they have less than 150g.

Do you expect Laine to have a brighter future? What are the options in front of him? He is a RFA, stuck in Columbus. I know Torts is not suppose to come back, but this team is offensively so weak!

Dobber Sports Genius

I would do that deal. I think Caufield is a goal scorer and Raymond is going to be a star in Detroit. Laine will get better no matter where he goes but not for you to worry when you make this deal. Good luck

Dobber Sports Star

I would drop Alex Pietrangelo if I had to pick one.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Here's the problem. Laine is the now. Caulfield and Raymond are the future. In a keep 7, who do you want? I understand this is tempting, in a Dynasty it's an awesome deal for you, BUT, this is a keep 7 and Laine is by far the better keeper and is, by the way, still early in his prime. The other two guys are years away from that.

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Here's the problem. Laine is the now. Caulfield and Raymond are the future. In a keep 7, who do you want? I understand this is tempting, in a Dynasty it's an awesome deal for you, BUT, this is a keep 7 and Laine is by far the better keeper and is, by the way, still early in his prime. The other two guys are years away from that.
    The thing is releasing Laine allows to keep the next in line (which comes down to Pietrangelo) + having Caufield and Raymond.

Under 150g, they don't need protection!

Dobber Sports Icon

I’m shoppin Piets and Petry and Laine to get the best deal
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Palefa View Post
    The thing is releasing Laine allows to keep the next in line (which comes down to Pietrangelo) + having Caufield and Raymond.

Under 150g, they don't need protection!
    So what you are saying is that you can sit on these two for almost two years? That's an "interesting" farm set up. So this boils down to the same thing really, in two years, are Caulfield and Raymond a better own than Laine and one of your other keepers two years down the road. It also boils down to whether you are in win now mode (next year) or rebuilding for down the road. Simply put, if your looking to compete next year losing Laine for Raymond and Caulfield is not likely to accomplish that IMO. Down the road, maybe, but that's not chiseled in stone, there is always risk with prospects. For a rebuilding team, I will say that Raymond and Caufield is a decent return for Laine. So, I think you base your decision on either a win now mentality, or a build mentality.

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Keepers

Drops

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    So what you are saying is that you can sit on these two for almost two years? That's an "interesting" farm set up. So this boils down to the same thing really, in two years, are Caulfield and Raymond a better own than Laine and one of your other keepers two years down the road. It also boils down to whether you are in win now mode (next year) or rebuilding for down the road. Simply put, if your looking to compete next year losing Laine for Raymond and Caulfield is not likely to accomplish that IMO. Down the road, maybe, but that's not chiseled in stone, there is always risk with prospects. For a rebuilding team, I will say that Raymond and Caufield is a decent return for Laine. So, I think you base your decision on either a win now mentality, or a build mentality.
    I am in a win now (next year) situation. It is good that you challenge me on this move. The next question is therefore: what's next with Laine? Is he able to bounce back in Columbus? His shot rate has drop to 1.9 per game while it was always over 3. And he is still getting PP minutes and over 17min total per game.