Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Fire Stick

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Amazon Fire Stick

Does anyone here use one of these rigs for streaming their TV?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Amazon Fire Stick

I have roku it’s ok...newer TVs have it all build in now but external devices work just fine only that u have limited options....I’m not sure what. The one u referring to has
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Master

I bought a smart t.v last year and used my bell satt service account to give me access to the crave tv app which openes up the entire hbo / showtime etc.. library .

this was my first venture into streaming so we looked into getting a few roku's for our non smart tv's and enjoy it so far .

I'm not sure what the amazon stick offers but I'd imagine netflix ,crave tv, youtube are available.

I find we're not needing our DVR to record hbo/crave series anymore because of the instant access through the roku of any past / present series .

I might get my center ice pkg through roku next year too , instead of bell

Dobber Sports Immortal

I contemplated it but ended up going with Nvidia Shield.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I bought a smart t.v last year and used my bell satt service account to give me access to the crave tv app which openes up the entire hbo / showtime etc.. library .

this was my first venture into streaming so we looked into getting a few roku's for our non smart tv's and enjoy it so far .

I'm not sure what the amazon stick offers but I'd imagine netflix ,crave tv, youtube are available.

I find we're not needing our DVR to record hbo/crave series anymore because of the instant access through the roku of any past / present series .

I might get my center ice pkg through roku next year too , instead of bell
    Thats the way I understand it as well. Basically you can add streaming apps. I recently purchased a RV and I bought a Fire stick for the TV on it because most campgrounds have wi-fi these days. I am just waiting for it to arrive this week. I dont expect to be sitting in my RV and watching TV all day, but this is more for the rainy days and possibly catching the news in the evening or something.

I was more wondering if anyone uses one, are they able to access news options like CTV or CBC? I know they have their own streaming apps to watch their TV shows, but does anyone know if the news is available on them as well?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

CBC Gem and the CTV app are both available on the Fire stick. I'm assuming CBC news is wrapped into the Gem app but I've never checked.

I switched from a Roku box to a Firestick and tried it out for a bit after they were selling them dirt cheap a couple of Black Fridays ago. I've since bought a Roku TV and dropped the Fire stick almost entirely. It wasn't god-awful but it crashed and lagged a lot more than the Roku. The only real advantage it had was a bigger app selection than Roku had (CBC Gem and the CTV app both aren't available on Roku) but I found the apps only available on Fire ran the worst. The CTV app in particular runs terribly, which is unfortunate because I want to watch NewsRadio again!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    CBC Gem and the CTV app are both available on the Fire stick. I'm assuming CBC news is wrapped into the Gem app but I've never checked.

I switched from a Roku box to a Firestick and tried it out for a bit after they were selling them dirt cheap a couple of Black Fridays ago. I've since bought a Roku TV and dropped the Fire stick almost entirely. It wasn't god-awful but it crashed and lagged a lot more than the Roku. The only real advantage it had was a bigger app selection than Roku had (CBC Gem and the CTV app both aren't available on Roku) but I found the apps only available on Fire ran the worst. The CTV app in particular runs terribly, which is unfortunate because I want to watch NewsRadio again!
    Interesting. Thanks.

Any free sports apps available to watch any hockey or ball games?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Interesting. Thanks.

Any free sports apps available to watch any hockey or ball games?
    Not free. But PM me if interested in a TV app. I pay $18/month and have every channel imaginable. I'm pretty sure it would work on Amazon but ya... Pm me if you want me to ask my guy.

Dobber Sports Initiate

amazon fire stick is solid. Easy to navigate and all streaming services available (with membrships obviously). I use it for disney+, netflix, prime video, dazn, etc.

Dobber Sports Deity

Apparently I can get DAZN app to work on the Fire stick for some sports. I dont subscribe to that app but good to know it's an option.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Apparently I can get DAZN app to work on the Fire stick for some sports. I dont subscribe to that app but good to know it's an option.
    Nothing beats Red Zone on DAZN on a Fall Sunday.

Dobber Sports Deity

Bumping this back up again to see if anyone else has moved on and cut the cord. I've purchased both the roku and firestick to try. I can return them within 30 days for a full refund.

From what I'm seeing, I can't get TSN or Sportsnet on the Roku device but I can on the firestick. Anyone else with a roku in Canada that can get those sports channels?

Dobber Sports Sage

I just moved into a nice new place this week and have taken the change as an opportunity to make some upgrades.
    Cable is absurdly expensive because of the Comcast monopoly.
    So I got a nice inexpensive broadband hookup. Slapped in a Fire Stick. I get 2X the bandwidth from the hardline so I slapped a monster ethernet and adapter onto the Fire Stick. Ordered the Disney+ bundle with hulu and ESPN+ for 13.99/mo.
    This is a really nice setup. I basically have everything I want to watch except live news. That is easy to get on my giant computer screen, or I can run it on my phone and screen mirror to my TV.
    I have good broadband that allows me to stream on three different screens with all the apps for a total price of less than 30 US dollars per month.
    WIN.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I just moved into a nice new place this week and have taken the change as an opportunity to make some upgrades.
    Cable is absurdly expensive because of the Comcast monopoly.
    So I got a nice inexpensive broadband hookup. Slapped in a Fire Stick. I get 2X the bandwidth from the hardline so I slapped a monster ethernet and adapter onto the Fire Stick. Ordered the Disney+ bundle with hulu and ESPN+ for 13.99/mo.
    This is a really nice setup. I basically have everything I want to watch except live news. That is easy to get on my giant computer screen, or I can run it on my phone and screen mirror to my TV.
    I have good broadband that allows me to stream on three different screens with all the apps for a total price of less than 30 US dollars per month.
    WIN.
    Are you in Canada or the US?

Dobber Sports Sage

Are you in Canada or the US?
    Depends. Are you a law enforcement officer in either country?

The US dollars part at the end should have left no ambiguity.
    I would assume the device operates similarly even in a third world country like yours.