Good morning everyone!

This was season two for me in my first salary cap league (huge learning curve) lol. I am hoping to get some advice and opinions of other peoples strategies in their leagues or what they would do in a league like mine. It is points and +/- only and am hoping to get feedback on the following few questions...

1. Would you focus your keepers and draft more on points and point potential or really take the team they play for into consideration aka try to go for safer +/- players?

2. With starting 12 forwards, 6 d-men, and 1 goalie (4 bench spots but limited positional starts) would you focus on building depth and spreading the budget out on more guys in the 3-4 million salary cap range or go with more high end players in the 5 million+ category and fill the other starting positions and bench with rookies and other discount players?

I want to compete next season which is a tall task as one team is running away with it for the second straight year (my only two years since taking over the team) and has some stout keepers. His main keepers: Marchand, Bergeron, McDavid, J Robertson, Aho, P Kane, and McAvoy. So trying to figure out the best way to try to build a team that can compete right away and into the next few season.

As always any advice is appreciate! Thanks everyone and good luck to all competing in their playoffs!