Thread: Which one of these young players would you want next year?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Which one of these young players would you want next year?

I am in a league with weird keeper rules...long story short there is an incentive to keep a player who wasnt taken in the draft or taken very late and dropped because the pick cost corresponds to where they were drafted. I may not end up keeping any of these guys...likely only if theres a really strong chance they make their team full time...but any gems you'd want next season and moving forward? Not for the league in the sig. Mostly looking at it in terms of offense.

Who would you want most next year?:

Rasmus Sandin
    Vitali Kravtsov
    Alex Holtz
    Ville Heinola
    Morgan Frost
    Arthur Kaliyev
    Connor McMichael
    Peyton Krebs
    Philip Tomasino
    Jack Quinn
    Rasmus Kupari

I am thinking Sandin might have the biggest impact next year, but I am not really sure. Guessing a number of these guys don't make their teams but just want to be sure to leave no stone unturned.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Which one of these young players would you want next year?

Just next year, I'd go Sandin. Long term, I'd want Holtz.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel
    D - Bouchard, Dobson
    G - Vasilevskiy
    B -
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I am in a league with weird keeper rules...long story short there is an incentive to keep a player who wasnt taken in the draft or taken very late and dropped because the pick cost corresponds to where they were drafted. I may not end up keeping any of these guys...likely only if theres a really strong chance they make their team full time...but any gems you'd want next season and moving forward? Not for the league in the sig. Mostly looking at it in terms of offense.

Who would you want most next year?:

Rasmus Sandin - Might force himself into top 4 conversation if he excels, at best see him getting 2nd unit pp.

Vitali Kravtsov - That top six is crazy, Kreider, Buch, Panarin, Laff, Kakko, will have a hard time cracking it and 1st unit pp, I like him, but just so little opportunity for him there right now.

Alex Holtz - Opportunity is there bigly! bigly! NJ doesn't have a legit top six winger on their roster right now, Hughes and Hishchier desperately need a high end scorer on their wings, not sure if he grabs it but it is his to lose 100%

Ville Heinola - If Wpg doesn't address their D in FA this off-season, I can see him definitely playing a good portion of the season, not likely he gets 1st unit pp time, could see 2nd unit though.

Morgan Frost - Other young prospects have showed off their prowess with Frost being out, will have lots of competition with the other prospects for top six and top pp time.

Arthur Kaliyev - Crazy skill, just have to wait and see if he puts it together at the NHL level, honestly hard to say what LA does cause they have so many prospects nipping at the bit.

Connor McMichael - Great player, not cracking that top six as a center, and 1/4 spots are open on the wing, other 3 filled by Mantha/Wilson/Oshie, has a chance, others here have better chances on their respective teams.

Peyton Krebs - Don't think he's there yet, Vegas is a deep team and feel like he's going to marinate at least for a year in the A, perhaps 2 years.

Philip Tomasino - Nsh needs offense, badly, really depends on what Nsh decides to do this off-season, wholesale, re-tool or stay the course, if it's the first 2 he gets a legit shot at top six and pp time.

Jack Quinn - Buf is a gongshow, I'd avoid everyone there like the plague lol

Rasmus Kupari - If you're taking a King, out of the two take AK, Kupari has been passed on the depth chart by at least 3 prospects, maybe more.

I am thinking Sandin might have the biggest impact next year, but I am not really sure. Guessing a number of these guys don't make their teams but just want to be sure to leave no stone unturned.
    For me it's

Tier1
    Holtz, Tomasino, Kaliyev
    Tier2
    McMichael, Heinola, Sandin, Frost

The rest
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't expect any of them to be big producers next year. If any if them, I'd consider Heinola. He checks all the boxes for what the Jets need. Holtz is the best option IMO but just not for next year, but who knows.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

If you can afford to wait, I'd see how Sandin performs in the playoffs before deciding. If not, I'd go with Sandin regardless, if next year is all that matters. Heinola might get the opportunity and might have a higher ceiling in Jets, but Sandin seems closer to being an NHL player at this point.
    Yahoo Limited keeper: keep up to 8 players from the preceding season, but 2 of them has to be dropped at the end of the season, decided before the start. 'Keep eligible players' from draft round 11 and later, or undrafted.
    16 team league. H2H. League cats: G A +/- PIM PPP SHP SOG FW HIT BLK; W GAA SV SV% SHO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6Bench, 2IR
    Keepers 23/24 + cost of keeping. M Seider 2, B Tkachuk 5, D Batherson 4, D Cozens 1, W Johnston 1, F Gustavsson 1. Drafted and keep eligible: J Sanderson, T Harley, J Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think sounding and heinous get big roles next year but I’m not sure how productive they will be. If MRIs gone and sending gets PP1 duties he is your answer but that’s big maybe.

for some reason I think Kailiev will make a team and be best F option here.

long term I also like Holtz
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Monster

I went with Sandin because he still has the opportunity to show if he'll be at least serviceable next year. I was really tempted by Heinola and Holtz but I think I will try to get them in the redraft. Thanks everyone for the solid advice.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports All-Star

Galiev for the best chance to make the team and stick it out all year. Sandin seems to be the sexy pick but I don't think he's that ready quite yet. Good luck

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't find those rules weird at all, but I've played a lot of other sports with keeper cost tied to a round or auction amount, and then increasing.

If you're keeping him for just next year solely, or before further increases, I'd lean Sandin, as you did. He's the safest option, and a strong playoff showing bumps his value up among the Leafs fans.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Peyton Krebs, for me.