Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 20th Overall 32-Team Inaugural Draft

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: 20th Overall 32-Team Inaugural Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Kory14 View Post
    If there are that many goalies left would it make sense to go for another skater? I'd put most of those pretty comparable so I'd rather get a goalie 3rd round myself. But if you're set on a goalie I'm a big Gibson fan. Hes the best goalie on the list by far and anaheim looks like they are finally turning things around in the next few years where he will be a stud for years. I don't trust philly and I'm not positive samsonov is ahead of vaneck. Could pay off but might not.
    Won't be my pick for another 60 odd picks though, that's the issue.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

What skaters would you take in place to get a better idea? I always think who will help you most at that position. Would you prefer say Gibson here and a middle 6 skater or would you prefer say Talbot later and a top 6 skater now?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Kory14 View Post
    What skaters would you take in place to get a better idea? I always think who will help you most at that position. Would you prefer say Gibson here and a middle 6 skater or would you prefer say Talbot later and a top 6 skater now?
    Ovi, Bergeron, Kane, Nurse would be the best right now (might go by the time im up)

Hart is off the table now, 4 more picks ahead of me
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If patty kane is still available my vote would be there. Guy puts up too many points even with his high contract. Unless huberdeau or one of your cheaper options are still available or you are more rebuilding I think he is your play.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I decided I have too much fun rebuilding and that I'm going to go for the rebuild, so I picked Dahlin haha.

Right now I have 2 win now teams, and 1 rebuilder, so this brings me up to 2/2.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by JayJJeffery View Post
    I decided I have too much fun rebuilding and that I'm going to go for the rebuild, so I picked Dahlin haha.

Right now I have 2 win now teams, and 1 rebuilder, so this brings me up to 2/2.
    haha Love it! Rebuilding and tinkering is always fun! Not that Dahlin is a bad pick either way! Guy is a stud and hopefully with a growing team continues to improve. Now the big question is who are you thinking for your next pick? I am enjoying the draft play by play!

I am new to the salary cap league world and this was year two since I took a team over so rebuilding is all I currently know lol
    32 Team Salary Cap Dynasty - Fantrax
    Start: 12F, 6D, 2G - Scoring: G/A 1, SOG/Hit/Blk 0.1, W/SHO 1, SV 0.05

F:
    Bemstrom, Meier, Danault, Fantilli, Di Giuseppe, Greenway,
    Hischier, W. Johnston, P. Kane, Marchment,
    Palat, Seguin, Blackwell, Merela, Reaves.

D:
    Ceci, DeAngelo, Girard, Liljegren,
    N. Lundkvist, Walman, Schmidt, Emberson.

G: Sorokin, Quick, Kochetkov.

Minors: Arcuri, Misiak, Nesterenko, Perreault, Ponomayov,

T. Robertson, Simontaival, Soderblom, A. Thompson, Unger Sorum,
    S. Walker, J. Wise, Brunet, Hollowell, Honka, Mynio, Nause,
    Commesso, Hamrla, Portillo, Svedeback, Makiniemi.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbert View Post
    haha Love it! Rebuilding and tinkering is always fun! Not that Dahlin is a bad pick either way! Guy is a stud and hopefully with a growing team continues to improve. Now the big question is who are you thinking for your next pick? I am enjoying the draft play by play!

I am new to the salary cap league world and this was year two since I took a team over so rebuilding is all I currently know lol

Haha thanks! I'm still 40 picks away, but likely a goalie unless it's really looking bleak, then i'll just take my chances with another top prospect. I think i might pickup a couple of decent depth players if there are some available as trade bait to get more 1sts.

How many more picks before your go? And has a goalie run happened or still lots of options for you? lol

F:

D:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If Grubauer ends up still being there for your next pick, I'd grab him. I realize the contract is unknown, but the situation is superb.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm 10 picks away now, Grub has gone, there was a goalie run so the best available are Fleury, Varlamov, Smith, Lankinen, Nedeljkovic, Blackwood, Talbot, Petersen, Campbell, Bob, Dridger, Oettinger, Ullmark, Elvis, Korp, Koskinen, Mrazek and some others.

I'm considering Ned, Blackwood, Driedger (Seattle?), Elvis or Oettinger right now. With the 2nd pick which is bout 20 after that i'm looking at the likes of Barzal, Dubois, Sergachev, Werenski, Necas, Kakko, McAvoy, Hischer, Konecny, Stutzle, Larkin.

Still that's a strong list of goalies, even if looking from a rebuild outlook you have lots of options, out of curiosity who are the top skaters available still, or that you think will be at the time of your next pick in 10 turns?

F:

D:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

4 Picks out from mine now, I imagine 2 goalies will go at least (young ones).

I'm debating changing my outlook, a lot of teams going young Suzuki, Stutzle, Knight, Hughes, Demko, Provorov, Chabot have all gone in the last 15.

Players like Patches, JT, Wheeler, Anderson, RNH, Bergeron, Price, Gaudreau, Malkin are all still up there.

Dobber Sports Genius

Ned if he’s there

The fun of a rebuild is you can take some chances lol. Lots of options, hard not to like JT but I think Johnny Hockey will have a big bounce back. I'll try to be patient while waiting to hear if you go goalie or change up your strategy haha.

F:

D:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbert View Post
    The fun of a rebuild is you can take some chances lol. Lots of options, hard not to like JT but I think Johnny Hockey will have a big bounce back. I'll try to be patient while waiting to hear if you go goalie or change up your strategy haha.
    I went Oettinger

I've got prying eyes watching me now, so I'm not going to post what I plan on doing until I do it now haha