Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 20th Overall 32-Team Inaugural Draft

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default 20th Overall 32-Team Inaugural Draft

Hi all.

I'm in a league which is a 32-team Dynasty with 81.5 Salary Cap. Rules are all very similar to real life, as our the rosters (4LW,RW,C,6D,1G,4 Bench- to simulate healthy scratch).

Main pts are for Goals/Assists with a little extra for D Men, but there are plenty of stats such as Hits, Blocks, SHTOI, PPP, GV/TK, FOW/FOL(only for C position) and a few others.

I'll be on the clock after the next pick then again in another 23 picks. I'm honestly fine with building to win now (which most people seem to be doing) or to look at a shorter term rebuild - either work as I'm confident the league will last as it's my own league.

That being said, here are the best players available that I can see based on pts this year (in order of where they rank right now in our stats and whos left);
    Forwards: Marchand, Bergeron, Pacioretty, Crosby, Scheifele, Ovechkin, Stone, Zibanajed, P.Kane, Debrincat, O'Reilly, Ehlers

Defence: Hedman, Nurse, Carlson, Chychrun, Barrie

Goalies: Fleury, Grubauer, Saros, Varlamov, Smith, Demko, Jarry, Lankinen, Nedeljkovic

Some other notable players not listed here are:

Lindholm, Laine, Miller, Panarin, Connor, Hall, Huberdeau, Tavares, Point, Horvat
    Josi, Hamilton, Pulock, Rielly, Pietrangelo, Jones, Werenski, Dahlin, Q.Hughes

Sorokin, Samsonov, Andersen, Gibson, Binnington, Blackwood, Hart

How would you be using your 1st/2nd round picks here? At the moment I'm considering someone like Nurse/Saros/Samsonov/Demko/Scheifele to keep things youngish, my next pick after these two won't be for like 60 picks so I probably need to get a goalie here,

For anyone wondering what the draft has been so far:

Connor McDavid
    Nathan MacKinnon
    Auston Matthews
    Leon Draisaitl
    Andrei Vasilevskiy
    Igor Shesterkin
    Connor Hellebuyck
    Cale Makar
    Aleksander Barkov
    Mitchell Marner
    Brady Tkachuk
    Jack Eichel
    Sebastian Aho
    Mikko Rantanen
    Adam Fox
    David Pastrnak
    Nikita Kucherov
    Elias Pettersson
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 20th Overall 32-Team Inaugural Draft

My pick would be Hubs or Panarin.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'd have to go with ovie. The mans still a stud and should be gone by now. Same with patty kane. I mean if you want to win. If you need a goalie the flower has been killing it.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Saros if you prefer rebuild

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I’m considering Zib as he seems to be one of the highest fpts/g. I just don’t know if I can go for someone Ovis age �� haha. Panarin and Huberdeau are definitely up there too
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Maybe. Panarin is the best player on the rags by far though. Zibs is too inconsistent for me. Can either win or lose for you.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I cant remember for sure either but I think zibanejad only has this year or maybe next on his deal too but I'm too lazy and not committed enough to check.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Kory14 View Post
    I cant remember for sure either but I think zibanejad only has this year or maybe next on his deal too but I'm too lazy and not committed enough to check.
    I think I've narrowed it to Scheifele and Zibanajed.

Scheifele has the longer contract, but Zib has had the better couple of seasons, and I don't think his contract goes up that much at the end of next year.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by JayJJeffery View Post
    I think I've narrowed it to Scheifele and Zibanajed.

Scheifele has the longer contract, but Zib has had the better couple of seasons, and I don't think his contract goes up that much at the end of next year.
    I went with Zib... now to pick a goalie with my 2nd pick in 20 picks time - who would you choose?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If it's just between them I'd probably go zibanejad but cant go wrong.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'd go with fleury myself. I think hes the best available. But seeing as how you dont like patty kane and ovie for their age you probably disagree. In that case I'd probably go sorokin 1st and saros if hes not available. Both great futures ahead.

Dobber Sports Titan

I missed that it was a cap league. Whoops. Wouldn't have recommended Panarin then and it explains why Fox is gone. Hubs or Zibs probably would have been my pick, so you got a good one
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

give us an update when your second round pick gets closer along with an update as to which goalies are still on the board . I probably would have drafted one of the young stud goalies with my 1st round pick in a 32 team league , but thats just my opinion .

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    give us an update when your second round pick gets closer along with an update as to which goalies are still on the board . I probably would have drafted one of the young stud goalies with my 1st round pick in a 32 team league , but thats just my opinion .
    8 picks out, all goalies left on the board apart from

Shesty, Hellebuyck, Vasi, Sorokin and Saros so far. I expect a few more will go in the next few picks (just got into the 2nd round) but right now I'm hoping for someone like Samsonov or Hart? Jarry, Binnington, Gibson, Merzlikens, Blackwood would be the ones I think after? (I don't really want an old goalie).

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If there are that many goalies left would it make sense to go for another skater? I'd put most of those pretty comparable so I'd rather get a goalie 3rd round myself. But if you're set on a goalie I'm a big Gibson fan. Hes the best goalie on the list by far and anaheim looks like they are finally turning things around in the next few years where he will be a stud for years. I don't trust philly and I'm not positive samsonov is ahead of vaneck. Could pay off but might not.