Thread: Bench my goalies or start them tonight?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Bench my goalies or start them tonight?

Here is the current spread of points in the league. I am ahead 9 to 8 in categories.

Goals. Winning 10 to 7
    Assists. Losing 20 to 23
    +/-. Winning +6 to -8
    PIM. Winning 18 to 12
    PPG. Losing 0 to 1
    PPA. Losing 4 to 11
    SHP. Winning 1 to 0
    GWG. Winning 4 to 1
    SOG. Losing 91 to 110
    FOW. Losing 108 to 147
    HITS. Winning 47 to 43
    BKS. Losing 31 to 43

Now to Goalie categories
    Wins. Losing 2 to 4
    Losses. Losing 3 losses to 0
    GAA. Winning 1.83 to 1.98
    Shots. Winning 159 to 127
    Sv%. Winning 94.6 to 92.7

SO Tied at 0

My potential goalies for tonight are Smith vs Calgary, Fleury vs Arizona, with less of a chance at seeing Lehner(vs Arizona) or Sorokin vs NYR

His current goalies are Binnington vs Minny, Nedjekovic vs Columbus, Bench Reimer (vs Columbus)and Bernier vs Tampa. Larger chance Bernier plays Tampa tomorrow.

I have only a chance at tying the wins category, while losses is a lost cause unless he losses both games tonight and loses with Bernier tomorrow to tie it.
    GAA and Sv% I am slightly ahead. Shots I am ahead by 32. But that gap could disappear since he has the only potential goalie start tomorrow. If I bench both, I certainly lose the shots category, which would put him ahead 9-8 instead, barring skater categories flipping. however if my GAA and sv% could get tanked from its current lofty perch

I am lucky both my goalie starts are late games at 11PM eastern time tonight because i have the luxury of seeing how his goalies do for a few hours before I make my decision so I won't make a decision until like 1045PM tonight. if both or even 1 of his goalies crap the bed and drops his percentages, it becomes an easy decision to play mine. if his goalies remain near the same as their current percentages, it becomes a gamble.

Mathematically, I have 159 saves to 168 shots against and 1.83 goals against over 5 games. If my goalies both let in 2 goals over 60 minutes against 30 shots, that would flip my sv% to 215 saves vs 228 to 94.2% still ahead. Not factoring in his goalies having good games and increasing him from his current 92.7. If they gave up 3 goals each or 1 has a really bad game, it would flip unless his goalies also have bad games. GAA would also flip, possibly even if they let in 2 goals each to 1.95

I have no Hail mary pass for goalies Sunday. They have already been scooped up since there is only 1 game tomorrow. I do however have 5 skaters tomorrow. I ejected 3 players who don't play until tuesday to load up on what was left of Detroit and tampa players, mostly focusing on SOG and hits. My opponent only has 1 skater for tomorrow currently, but he has 1 or 2 more roster drops he can make
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Bench my goalies or start them tonight?

Wait to see but I do like Fleury in this B2B.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."