Thread: Jeremy Swayman

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Jeremy Swayman

This guy’s career is off to a rip-roaring start, at just 22 years old he’s posted a .946SV% and a 1.57GAA over 7 starts, with one shutout. Obviously the sample size is limited, but it looks like the Bruins are favouring him for now over Dan Vladar. Should he fall off he certainly wouldn’t be the first young goalie to do so, but as of now it looks like he’s primed to be in the crease for years to come.

There is a lot of talk of Rask possibly retiring this off-season, should that happen I would have to imagine Swayman gets the lion’s share of starts if he can keep producing.

As far as I am concerned, I’m not too familiar with him and he seems to have really popped out of nowhere. I’m wondering if this is a guy that is worth holding on to in a dynasty or if maybe the Bruins have bigger plans for Vladar going forward? He’s been a rock down the stretch and I’m just curious what wiser minds than mine might expect moving forward.
    8 Team Dynasty - G/A/plusminus/PPP/SHP/SOG/FW/HIT/BLK ——
    W/SV%/SV/SO
    C: A. Matthews, E Pettersson, V Trocheck, A Kopitar, C Mittelstadt,
    LW: B Marchand, B Tkachuk, K Kaprizov, J Huberdeau, V Nichushkin, E Kane, J McCann
    RW: D Pastrnak, W Nylander, JT Miller, T Meier, Z Hyman, R Hartman
    D: Q Hughes, B Burns, D Nurse, M Matheson, K Letang, B McNabb
    G: D Kuemper, V Vanecek, J Woll
    IR: L Couture, L Schenn
    NA: P Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Jeremy Swayman

I’m rebuilding and I have both Swayman and Vladar on my roster to hedge my bet. From what I’ve seen so far, Swayman is looking really good and may be the one that runs away with it, but you never really know with younger goalies.

I’ll share advice others told me when I asked about Swayman: wait until the off-season where we may have more information about Boston’s plans before making a decision

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Really interested to know what the comments will be cause swayman might be a early round pick in my next draft

Dobber Sports Grand Master

My thoughts have been unchanged for a while - at least one of these guys is going to be on the Bruins next year, and I'm not sure which one, or if it will be only one.

I project that the Bruins will protect Vladar, exposing Booth to meet the exposure requirements, and leaving both Rask & Halak available to Seattle. However, if one of Rask/Halak sign before expansion, then Vladar is likely to be exposed, and may be selected. Swayman is exempt from the expansion draft, so in that way it also makes sense that he's getting more starts.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I really like Swayman. Depending on what might happen with the goalie situation in Boston I think he's a good bet to make the team next year. I see him as a back up to a vet (Rask, Halak, whoever) and then gradually taking over in 2023-24. Boston should learn from Philly and monitor how they kind of rushed Hart and put some pressure and over expectations on such a young goalie. I think Hart will be fine but he did not impress this year and is a big reason why they missed the playoffs. Swayman and Vladar will be an interesting story moving forward for the B's.