Thread: Which goalies would you keep and trade?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Which goalies would you keep and trade?

Hi all,

For the second year in a row my roto team will miss top 3 because of goalies. A combination of goalies not good enough and awful luck when playing them (weekly lockout). Whilst my skaters were very competitive.

Cats are W, SHO, GAA, Save %

I think I will keep only one goalie on my main roster. My options are:

Lehner
    Gibson
    Khudobin

I can keep 6 players under 200 games (100 for goalies). I am inclined to keep only 1 goalie in this category, although I could keep 2 and drop Nils Hoglander:

Cal Petersen
    Tristan Jarry

I can also keep both Knight and Askarov on my farm, but will need to activate Knight if I want to play him.

I am leaning to keeping Lehner and Petersen as my 2 goalies for next year. Am I on the right path? Is that a viable 1-2 in fantasy hockey next year?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Which goalies would you keep and trade?

I'd keep Lehner and Petersen.

Khudobin is on his way out if Dallas can manage it given Oettinger's good performance this year. Gibson might be the most talented but Anaheim is bad and Gibson isn't going anywhere. Lehner is good an on a great team. This year is anomalous what with Fleury's amazing performance, but that won't likely continue.

Petersen looks like the real deal, skills wise. As the Kings ascend, he'll be buoyed by them. For Jarry, Pittsburgh isn't getting any better than it is now.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I like the Lehner Petersen plan, too

although I do think it's close between Jarry and Petersen the Kings go back to the Pacific division next year, I like that more than the Metro.

Dobber Sports Icon

Gibson & Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd keep both goalies & drop Hoglander. What are the odds that Hoglander develops into the equivalent of a starting NHL goalie? I'm going with under 100%.

I'd keep Lehner over Gibson. Khudobin's not a factor there, barring a superb landing spot.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd keep Lehner and both goalies as well. I'd also keep Knight and Askarov in your minors for as long as you can. We all know Lehner is the long term answer in Vegas and the main reason MAF has surged this year was primarily due to Lehner's injury status early on. Not saying the Flower isn't a good goalie, but he's got one year left on his contract where as Lehner has four. Keep the long term solution.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Lehner, Petersen, and Jarry
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA: