Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scheifele/Pettersson for Marner/Fox

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Scheifele/Pettersson for Marner/Fox

Roster & League Settings in Signature

I'm in conversation with an owner who undervalues D in our league. Last year he sent me DeAngelo (which at the time was amazing until he was dropped by NYR for being another Sean Avery). Now he's open to sending Fox and Marner.

I suspect Fox will regress a bit next year, but the team is stacked with talent - and many who aren't eligible to be picked by the Kraken. I also think Scheifele will regress a little too so I'm OK with that part of the prospective swap. Marner is by far the better talent, is proven and not as injury prone as Pettersson (who is talented by maybe not as talented as we thought initially).

Do you do this trade?
    9 Team Points Only Dynasty - 27 Player Roster (17 Keepers) - 12 F, 6 D, 2 UTL, 2 G, 5 Bench - 2.5G, 2A, 1PP, 2SHG, 1SHA, 3W, 2SO, 1OTL, 0.05SV

F: J Robertson, Huberdeau, Rantanen, Aho, Kaprizov, Scheifele, Connor, DeBrincat, Cozens, Ehlers, Toffoli, Kopitar, Trocheck, Schmaltz, W Johnston, Teravainen, J Quinn
    D: Dahlin, Werenski, M Rielly, S Jones, McCavoy, Gustafsson
    G: Shesterkin, Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Scheifele/Pettersson for Marner/Fox

I prefer the marner/fox side but it’s close for me. I guess if your okay keeping and extra D and one less forward I’d take the deal. The rangers are only gonna get better and fox will be part of that and marner is on a top offensive team for years to come. Scheifele and pettersson are great owns as well but prefer Marner to both of them.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
    I prefer the marner/fox side but it’s close for me. I guess if your okay keeping and extra D and one less forward I’d take the deal. The rangers are only gonna get better and fox will be part of that and marner is on a top offensive team for years to come. Scheifele and pettersson are great owns as well but prefer Marner to both of them.
    I'm leaning toward yes but am thinking the Marner/Fox owner is going to ask for more. Just not sure how much more. For our points only league, D are gold - so I'm OK with the imbalance. This probably means I keep Fox, Dahlin, Theodore, M Rielly, and Werenski... All three G, and back fill the F position with J Robertson as my ninth F.

If DeAngelo finds a solid landing spot, maybe keep him rather than Robertson or Samsonov... that'll be a tough tough choice.
    9 Team Points Only Dynasty - 27 Player Roster (17 Keepers) - 12 F, 6 D, 2 UTL, 2 G, 5 Bench - 2.5G, 2A, 1PP, 2SHG, 1SHA, 3W, 2SO, 1OTL, 0.05SV

F: J Robertson, Huberdeau, Rantanen, Aho, Kaprizov, Scheifele, Connor, DeBrincat, Cozens, Ehlers, Toffoli, Kopitar, Trocheck, Schmaltz, W Johnston, Teravainen, J Quinn

Dobber Sports Wizard

i think Marner and Fox is better own to be honest. However, i would be aware that Fox could loose some offensive deployment to Lundkvist at some point....Specially if PP is struggling as Lundkvist's shot is insane...He had 16 goals in 59 games this year which is a lot for a D. Lots of those were scored on PP.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i think Marner and Fox is better own to be honest. However, i would be aware that Fox could loose some offensive deployment to Lundkvist at some point....Specially if PP is struggling as Lundkvist's shot is insane...He had 16 goals in 59 games this year which is a lot for a D. Lots of those were scored on PP.
    Yes. Lundkvist is definitely the potential emergent threat to take top PP minutes. I'll tuck that away in the back of mind in the case there still more "sell high" room next year or afterwards for Fox.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd take that deal, if you can get it.

I wouldn't even entertain the thought of DeAngelo being keeper worthy. He might end up somewhere where's he tradeable for something.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like Fox/Marner side the best. You basically get the best guy in the deal, who becomes your best keeper, along with fox who is a massive upgrade on your current lowest keeper D. Yes fox may lose some PP1 time down the line, but I don't see it happening next season. he may regress but if you watch NYR he looks great on that top unit, I don't see him losing that slot next year. And even if he does....you have Marner to comfort you
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think it's pretty much unanimous, take the deal.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The other GM must've talked to someone about the deal because he backed out and figures he needs more in return.

He has rebutted with Scheifele/Point/Pettersson for Marner/Fox.

Pretty sure I'm not taking this deal unless you all can convince me otherwise.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I like the Pettersson/Scheifele side. I think this is the best we're going to see from Fox and Pettersson is going to explode next year.

And obviously a definite no to the last proposal.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Walk away now, that last counter is nuts.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Walk away now, that last counter is nuts.
    I did. Figure the other GM lured me in, tempting me with the idea that they were available. But the truth seemed to be he wanted to catch my interest enough to maybe do a bad deal.

Thanks for all the input folks!

Dobber Sports Initiate

I hate when GMs offer facade deals. Oh my God, just be honest. You ruin it for the other GM and any potential talks for the future. This is what severs ties between two GMs. You respect GMs in your leagues it makes it easier for someone to come back and want to do business with you. Run your team as how you would run a business. Respect your customer so that they return.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't think he/she would bring you in on a 2for2 offer, then to just want to add in another high end player on your side. He/she likely heard some highlight on Fox or Marner, or the news of Pettersson out for the yr adjust their evaluation.

I'd do the 2for2, I wouldn't do the 3for2. Sometimes it sucks not hammering accept on the offers asap, but waiting and asking typically saves you from overpaying more times than not waiting and hoping you don't miss on a great deal.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ace

That last offer was horrible
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)