Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Illegal roster help

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Illegal roster help

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    EDIT:

More thoughts - one of my leagues Fantrax has the IR and minors ineligibly set a way I really like. If a player who is on the IR gets healthy you have 48 hours from when the flag comes off him to move him or your lineup becomes in violation. The same goes for minor league players who pass the games played threshold. I like this because you do not have to hypersensitive responding to players coming back from injuries. Line-ups can be set up a while in advance and if a GM is not present for a couple of days there is no illegal roster harm. You also have a buffer to make a trade to free up cap or roster space. Fantrax also sends an email to alert me when I have an illegal roster. The responsibility is pushed onto the GM to fix their own roster. However, if you do break a rule you don't get that stats for the day.
    I'd be very interested in finding out more about how this is set up.

I work hard to make sure I'm in compliance as best I can, but to be honest, it's basically impossible to be in compliance fully, due to guys being game-time decisions, etc. That's the hypersensitivity you mention. If a guy gets activated while for a game while on IR, I don't really care if I miss it, as playing fantasy hockey isn't a job I'm paid for. I will fix it quickly, and this year is far worse with COVID protocols.

Glad to hear that the OP got the issue resolved.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd be very interested in finding out more about how this is set up.

I work hard to make sure I'm in compliance as best I can, but to be honest, it's basically impossible to be in compliance fully, due to guys being game-time decisions, etc. That's the hypersensitivity you mention. If a guy gets activated while for a game while on IR, I don't really care if I miss it, as playing fantasy hockey isn't a job I'm paid for. I will fix it quickly, and this year is far worse with COVID protocols.

Glad to hear that the OP got the issue resolved.
    my league has had issues where teams just keep people on fake IR until it's convenient to remove them so there's been talk of implementing some sort of rule similar to this one. We are in yahoo though and they don't offer any sort of site policing so it's going to come down everyone policing their rosters.

side note, is fantrax that much better than yahoo?
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post

yes. It is not close. Yahoo sucks. Anyone in a serious keeper league needs to be on fantrax. Yahoo does nothing better or even as good as fantrax. Yahoo doesn’t even care that the season was extended. Fantrax has all rescheduled games added and all leagues can choose to use them or not. The customization is unbelievable. Plus you can trade picks for players and from what I know yahoo won’t allow picks to be traded unless they are equal which is so dumb to me. Fantrax also has up to 7 years of future picks that can be used. I can go on and on but just that should be enough for anyone in a serious league to use fantrax.
    Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Our league we don't even care - it's still the same rules for everyone. If the player comes off IR you can just keep him there however long you feel like. You can't do add drops or trades anyway with the illegal roster. What we disallow is the future line setting of players on IR that are no longer on IR. Setting lines in advanced when they used to be on IR so you substituted between two or 3 players to get additional games played (we play pts league no games played limited).
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    my league has had issues where teams just keep people on fake IR until it's convenient to remove them so there's been talk of implementing some sort of rule similar to this one. We are in yahoo though and they don't offer any sort of site policing so it's going to come down everyone policing their rosters.

I can't answer regarding hockey, as I've never played on Yahoo, but Fantrax is far better for baseball. Yahoo was bad for football as well, compared to My Fantasy League, so I'm assuming it's also inferior for hockey.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.