Thread: Who to start for the week?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Who to start for the week?

This is for the whole weak. I've made some bad choices in recent weeks, hopefully the streak ends now.

Wins and SV% count. Start 2 goalies.

I think i'm set on starting Markstrom who has 1 game against Ottawa and then 2 against the Habs.

The question then is between Driedger and Lankinen.

Driedger will play tomorrow against Columbus and then likely one against Carolina. He has great numbers against the Jackets but not good numbers against the Hurricanes. He has great home stats, though, and both his games are at home.

Lankinen likely plays all 3 games this week against Nashville. He has great SV% but no wins playing the Preds plus he's not been playing well lately, having a sub .900 SV % in April.

So who between Driedger and Lankinen would you start this week?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Who to start for the week?

I like Driedger here.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I’d take Lankinen. Take the guy who is the starter as opposed to the backup. Plus I would not count on Driedger playing any games this week. I would say it is probable he plays tomorrow but the two against Carolina are not back to back so I would think Bobrovsky plays both.
    Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by HRM Fantasy Fan View Post
    I’d take Lankinen. Take the guy who is the starter as opposed to the backup. Plus I would not count on Driedger playing any games this week. I would say it is probable he plays tomorrow but the two against Carolina are not back to back so I would think Bobrovsky plays both.
    Thanks for your input. Driedger is 100% starting tomorrow as it is a b2b game. Also, Florida has been splitting their goalie starts over the last month so that's why I'm think there is a decent chance he gets one of the Carolina games. But there is also a chance he doesn't. I think a lot depends on how Bob and he play today and tomorrow. If Bob has a bad game tonight and Driedger has a good game tomorrow, it's very likely Driedger gets the next start.

But I understand your preference for going with Lankinen. Except, he is not confirmed for tonight and Subban got a SO last game while Lankinen has had a pretty mediocre stretch over his last 10 games.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Thanks for your input. Driedger is 100% starting tomorrow as it is a b2b game. Also, Florida has been splitting their goalie starts over the last month so that's why I'm think there is a decent chance he gets one of the Carolina games. But there is also a chance he doesn't. I think a lot depends on how Bob and he play today and tomorrow. If Bob has a bad game tonight and Driedger has a good game tomorrow, it's very likely Driedger gets the next start.

But I understand your preference for going with Lankinen. Except, he is not confirmed for tonight and Subban got a SO last game while Lankinen has had a pretty mediocre stretch over his last 10 games.
    I do hear what you are saying but Driedger starting any games is a gamble and not one I’d want to take in the playoffs. Lankinen has been the man there and I can’t see one shutout changing that. It is a gamble too but less of one. I’d rather gamble on the starter than the guy who maybe gets starts. But that is me.
    Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by HRM Fantasy Fan View Post
    I do hear what you are saying but Driedger starting any games is a gamble and not one I’d want to take in the playoffs. Lankinen has been the man there and I can’t see one shutout changing that. It is a gamble too but less of one. I’d rather gamble on the starter than the guy who maybe gets starts. But that is me.
    Your reasoning makes sense to me. Thanks again for your input.