Thread: How did your trade deadline deals work out so far?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default How did your trade deadline deals work out so far?

Did you make a big deal on deadline day in your leagues? How is it working out so far? Here’s your chance to brag (or vent)!

In the PQMC keeper league I sent PenguinHunter

Meier, Rust, 1st, 8th
    for
    Stamkos, Giroux, 4th, 10th

Stamkos has played exactly half a game for me as I head into our semifinals match. He isn’t eligible to return until after our playoffs are over.

In our one year RHRS I sent PenguinHunter

Gourde, Hartman
    for
    Vanecek, Cernak

Vanecek has proceeded to allow 9 goals in two games.

At least I’ve learned a valuable lesson, don’t trade with PenguinHunter!
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: How did your trade deadline deals work out so far?

On March 11th before Fox exploded offensively, I traded Roslovic and Dahlin and a 3rd rounder I got in a previous trade for Zacha, Fox and a 5th.

Zacha, who I got for FOW from the wing and some production is on IR(In the interrim I picked up Mittlestat who is cruising comfortably) and Fox exploded like a madman.

I traded a 4th round pick and Rasmus Andersen for Sergachev and a 5th. Serg has a way better playoff schedule and is heating up as of late.

I traded Eriksson Ek and Kessel and my 2nd and 3rd rounders for Robertson, Pavelski and 2 late picks. These two have a great playoff schedule with a full first week of beating up Detroit for 4 games and a second week of 4 games, but against better teams. Which is ok since they score well on good teams too.

I have never won the NAHANA playoffs and I decided this year I was going to push all in. To mitigate my lack of 2, 3, 4th rounders next year, I traded my 1st Rounder to the last place team for a 2nd from the 2nd best team in the league and a 3rd from the last place team. Its a snake draft so my low 1st will be only a few spots from the 2nd I picked up and the 3rd will be top of the 3rd round. the last place team now has 3 first rounders next year and gets to pick from the pick of the litter of Goalies and forwards.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Initiate

For league in signature.
    I picked up Brent Burns card for Kyrou and Gurianov.
    Neither Kyrou or Gurianov were being used in my games.
    However Burns is a scoring dman, who is pp safe and can play either 2nd or 3rd line.
    Can also play on my 1st or 2nd pp line.
    Burns is on pace to be a scoring dman and pp safe card again next yr.

Dobber Sports Master

sam reinhart in a ''very limited'' $ keeper has paid off nicely ; at least in round 1 (last week) .

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Paid a first round pick in 2022 draft for Stamkos.

Got I think three games out of him.
    Keep 3 League, 14 team H2H, Roster: 6F, 4D, 4BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, PIM, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SA, SV%
    F: Matthews, Pastrnak, Hughes, Pettersson, Guentzel, Meier, Hyman, Streamer
    D: Dahlin, Carlson, Trouba, Gudas, Larsson
    G: Oettinger, Talbot, Swayman

One Year League, 10 Team H2H, Roster: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, W, F, 4D, UTIL, 5BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, SH%, PIM, HITS, BLKS W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C: McDavid, Thomas, Rossi
    LW: Guentzel, McTavish, Byfield, Huberdeau
    RW: Miller, Barzal, Zuccarello, Schmaltz, Tarasenko
    D: Josi, Seider, Trouba, Gudas, L. Hughes
    G: Oettinger, Demko
    IR: Hamilton

Dobber Sports Titan

Yahoo (all deadlines in the last 10 days or so):
    PQMC: made a couple deals leading up to the deadline, and they're not looking bad thus far anyways. Time will tell

Thornton's Beard: small addition to bring in Danault, but I'm not the favourite this year. We'll see if Vas and some of my top point producers can carry me through here.

She's a Keeper: Brought in Pietrangelo and Palat for Laine and Dumba (no real keeper impacts here for me, but Laine will likely be kept by the other GM - shallow league). With Torts and Laine not scoring, I'm still happy with the deal. Top team in this league had a winning % of over .800 in the regular season (caegories league - super impressive) so I'm going to have to run some good category and schedule management to make it work. This helped me with it.

Dobber Stanley: Team was running up the standings before a deadline move. Hand was forced to bring in a goalie (Fleury) to replace the injured Grubauer. Him and Josi were the deadline acquisitions, and they're looking good so far. Chabot and J.Staal who I shipped out are still putting up numbers though. Call this one a push for the moment.
    First is basically not catchable, so I'm doing my best to hold onto second.

Fantrax (Deadlines at least two weeks ago):
    WHL:
    Brought in DeSmith, McCann, M. Joseph, and Perry for Gaudette, E.Staal, Beaudin, and some picks, and its paying off in spades to this point (despite DeSmith bringing in negative points thus far). In a deal a week before the deadline though, I swapped Binnington and a second to add an injured Kuemper and a 1st, and I'm thrilled about that deal. I think I got the better, cheaper goalie, and the better pick. Having A.Hill at the time I've been running the ARZ starter since, and not missed a beat despite the crease jumping around between three goalies. Binnington's games seemed to overlap more with my other goalies anyways.

UHL:
    President's trophy winner got his deals done in-season, and couldn't find a fit for much at all at the deadline. Into the semis thus far.

All in all, deadlines haven't really given me much of anything to regret, but I may wish I had been a touch more aggressive in a couple more spots depending on how things shake out.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm in 4 leagues, up from 2 last year, and I'm not one to make lots of deadline day deals. I normally view the goal as get to the playoffs, and see what happens. However, I'm in a rotisserie hockey league now, so there are no playoffs. All leagues are dynasty, all except the league in my sig are multicategory.

League in sig: No trades made this year at all by me. I'm the top seed in my division, and should be up 1-0 in my division series once Colorado gets a game in. I'm the defending champ, and usually only fail to make the playoffs if I have bad luck with scheduling - running into shutouts, etc.

Rotisserie league: Made 2 deals near deadline. Have been sitting in or near first most of the year, with a big lead since early March.
    1. Gave Morrisey, Oesterle, and Forsberg for Burns, Forbort, and DeBrincat. This has worked very well. While the league has +/-, Burns is the best D here. Forsberg got hurt a few weeks ago, and DeBrincat is a slight upgrade as he's dual wing.

2. Gave Weegar & Farabee for Pionk & Necas. The main goal of this deal was to get Pionk on the roster. I represent the Jets, and am required to have a certain number of players on the roster. Makes sense to have the power play quarterback. I gave up 2 guys I really like, but got 2 back as well. You have to give to get.

Basically added SOG & Assists while slipping back a bit in PIM (also hits/blocks, but still in first there, and I'd built up a big enough lead to not matter) +/- is also up, but that's kind of random.

8 team multicat league: 3 deals total this year, one was before the season, and it was brutally bad - Morrissey for Delia. Other 2 late in season. Been in or near first the whole year. #1 seed in playoffs, won first round matchup, in semis now.

1. Gave Blackwood got Kuznetsov. Goaltending was a strength with Petersen/Lankinen in minors, and scoring a relative weaknesss. This got proposed to me, and I simply took it. Kuznetsov has helped, and I haven't missed Blackwood.

2. Gave Lankinen & Ekman-Larsson for Muzzin. I had a number of D that were going to be coming off IR, so I decided to move one of my roster D with Lankinen for an upgrade. This hasn't worked well, as OEL has scored more, alhough Muzzin has more TOI, which I did need.

Probably a slight positive overall, as Kuznetsov more than makes for the slight downgrade in D scoring.

12 team salary cap multicat league, defending (regular season) champ. Made playoffs as the #6 (last) seed. 2 deals total, only 1 near deadline.

Gave Danault and a 5th round pick which will be 5.07 or later for Wayne Simmonds.

Due to our cap rules, Danault requires waivers to move him in & out of the lineup, and Simmonds doesn't. Simmonds is a cheap guy who help me in a few categories, doesn't require waivers, and I like him. I pass a mural in Philly featuring him at least once a month, normally more. Our draft only goes 5 rounds, so that's basically not much more than grabbing a leftover guy from free agency.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The guy I am most likely to meet in the final has a ton of Avalanche players
    So i traded
    Kahkonen and Chabot
    for Grubauer and Toews.

Happy with the deal other than the fact that Grubs is out lol.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Titan

League 1:
    I ended up getting Jarry for picks. Moved some players and overloaded on RW so I moved Pavelski for JT Miller. Hasn't turned out too well that second move

League 2:
    Going for next yr. Got Eichel in my big move. Can't say anything on it since I'm not going for it this yr

League 3:
    GOING FOR IT. Moved a picks for players. Acquired Ovechkin, MaxPac, Campbell and Andersen. Got Matthews earlier in the yr. So far so good on the moves. The Andersen trade isn't amazing but I then went and got Campbell. Without the Andersen trade, I'd be forced to use Demko or a FA goalie like Husso. So I can't complain really
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm all-in in my points-only fantasy league in signature (not updated) and I'm in first place with a comfortable cushion heading into the last stretch.
    I'm knocking on wood that everything will hold in place. I made a couple of significant deals a few weeks before our deadline.

I traded Ryan Pulock and Rasmus Andersson + a 1st round pick to acquire Brent Burns and Devon Toews.
    First picks are valuable in our league, but Burns has rebounded and been very steady since while Pulock and Andersson kept fading.

I traded John Tavares, Brayden Schenn and Ryan Johansen to acquire Roope Hintz, Vincent Trocheck and Ondrej Palat.
    The deal was made just before Hintz exploded and the other GM also didn't believe that Trocheck's run was sustainable at the time.
    I felt like giving up the player with the most name-value, but I was receiving very helpful pieces for my run.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Genius

I’m ok with my two deadline deals. I’m almost assured the championship by having 148 out of a possible 156 Roto points in my 12-team, 13 category league. 15 point lead on second place. I traded Tippett and Vladar (couldn’t keep them as minors going into next year as they aren’t as good as my other 10 minors) for Muzzin. Wanted Muzzin for +/-, hits and blocks cushioning.

But my biggest and questionable trade was trading away Carlson (I’m keeping Makar and Hamilton instead) for only a 2nd and 5th in 2021 and a 3rd in 2022.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Padawan

I was actually offered a reasonable deal on Malkin at the deadline and turned it down. Finished the regular season in 1st so I guess my deadline deal worked out!
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Star

My trade deadline was April 15th and acquired Patrice Bergeron and Gabriel Landeskog as I was roughly in a deadheat for first at the time.

Patrice has been solid with 5 pts in 4 games. Gabriel hasnt played yet lol.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I sold off some injured keepers to make a push in the playoffs and lost first round.. not to mad about moving seguin but going to miss having petterson