Thread: My Malkin and Burns for T. Hall?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default My Malkin and Burns for T. Hall?

For first team in signature, goals and assists are 1 point, bonus point for power play points.
    Would you move Malkin and Burns for Hall? I think there needs to be a bit more added to Hall. Morrissey? Would that be enough of an add? I am currently in first place by about 70 points so I think I have it locked up. Malkin has been hurt and hasn't been much help to me and is burns on the downward trend now?
    Who knows what Hall will be going forward?
    Looking forward to some opinions.
    Thanks
    1st teamC: S. Aho, E. Malkin, W. Karllson, B. Nelson
    LW: B. Marchand, A. Ovechkin, J. Zucker, N. Niederreiter, A. Svechnikov,

RW: D. Perron, J. Kyrou, C. Keller, D. Strome, T. Toffoli, C. Perfetti,
    D: j. Carlson, D. Hamilton, R. Andersson, F. Hronek,J. Spurgeon
    G: , C. Hellybuck, J. Ottinger, A. Vasilevskiy

2nd team
    C: E. Lindholm, J. Pavelski, JT Miller, R. Johansen, A. Killorn, B. Jenner(IR)

LW: , B. Marchand, A. Mangiapane, T. Toffoli, J. Gaudreau

RW: P. Kane, Pasta, D. Perron, T. Wilson, N. Schmaltz, M. Tkackuk
    D: J. Carlson, A. Pietriangelo, C. McAvoy, N. Schmidt, J. Trouba, J. Morrissey
    G: J. Markstrom, C. Hellybuyck, T. Jarry

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: My Malkin and Burns for T. Hall?

No. Malkin might come back before the season ends and had 12 points in his last 8 games before getting hurt. He also had 74 points in 55 games last year (which is a prorated 110 points), and led the entire NHL on 5-on-5 for 60 minutes.

Geno only had a slow start because the entire Penguins team as a whole started slowly, and a big reason was next-to-no camp and preseason build up. Older vets need those games to get warmed up and get their legs underneath them. I have no confidence in Taylor Hall as a top end player, especially when compare to a Malkin level talent. Take age out of it, which is 5 years... I still say no. Plus you want to add Burns to the equation... eeeehhh

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Makes sense to me. This other owner has been trying for Malkin for awhile. This is the first offer that made me stop and think (Hall that is, definitely didn't like having burns in there as well).
    Anyways, thanks for the response. I'll hold Malkin.
    1st teamC: S. Aho, E. Malkin, W. Karllson, B. Nelson
    LW: B. Marchand, A. Ovechkin, J. Zucker, N. Niederreiter, A. Svechnikov,

RW: D. Perron, J. Kyrou, C. Keller, D. Strome, T. Toffoli, C. Perfetti,
    D: j. Carlson, D. Hamilton, R. Andersson, F. Hronek,J. Spurgeon
    G: , C. Hellybuck, J. Ottinger, A. Vasilevskiy

2nd team
    C: E. Lindholm, J. Pavelski, JT Miller, R. Johansen, A. Killorn, B. Jenner(IR)

LW: , B. Marchand, A. Mangiapane, T. Toffoli, J. Gaudreau

RW: P. Kane, Pasta, D. Perron, T. Wilson, N. Schmaltz, M. Tkackuk
    D: J. Carlson, A. Pietriangelo, C. McAvoy, N. Schmidt, J. Trouba, J. Morrissey
    G: J. Markstrom, C. Hellybuyck, T. Jarry

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The big risk with Malkin is injury - he's good to miss at least 10 games per season. And I don't expect that to improve with age. Having said that, Hall is hardly an upgrade when it comes to injuries. Although I'm curious to see how Hall would do if he could find a way to stay in Boston next year, I'd still much rather have Malkin. And while I don't have high expectations of Burns and the Sharks moving forward, I wouldn't be adding him to that deal.

So no, I would not do that deal. Especially since you seem to think you have this season locked up anyway.
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**

Dobber Sports Grand Master

For me, Malkin > Hall and Burns > Hall for this year, and likely next.

Hall is the non-scorer of these guys. Since 2010-11, he has 4 seasons where he hit point per game pace, which total about 240 games total over the 4 years. For comparison, Maklin has 1 year under a point per game pace, and it's this year, where he's outpacing Hall anyway.

Burns admittedly only has one season at point per game pace, but he's a defenseman, so that's apples to kumquats. Last time he paced for less than 45 points was 2011-12.

As far I'm concerned, Hall needs an add to get Malkin or Burns from a heavy title contender, let alone BOTH.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    For me, Malkin > Hall and Burns > Hall for this year, and likely next.

Hall is the non-scorer of these guys. Since 2010-11, he has 4 seasons where he hit point per game pace, which total about 240 games total over the 4 years. For comparison, Maklin has 1 year under a point per game pace, and it's this year, where he's outpacing Hall anyway.

Burns admittedly only has one season at point per game pace, but he's a defenseman, so that's apples to kumquats. Last time he paced for less than 45 points was 2011-12.

As far I'm concerned, Hall needs an add to get Malkin or Burns from a heavy title contender, let alone BOTH.
    Well said.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hall still has that big name value it seems like, even though the production doesn't exactly warrant that as Steve pointed out above. Malkin obviously has injury troubles and that's not going away but i'd take Malkin over Hall any day. So adding in a piece like Burns just tilts the deal in his favour more. Pass unless he really steps up his offer, and Morrissey is not a good enough add to accept this deal.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster