Thread: Who gets cut from this keeper list?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Who gets cut from this keeper list?

Thanks in advance Dobberites for your thoughts.

Keep 8, 10 Team, scoring (Goals and D points weighted slightly higher), start 3C/3R/3L/4D (dual-elig is an advantage).

Here's the group with name, fantrax position elig & fpts/gm in this setup:

Mackinnon, C, 2.83
    E.Pettersson, C, 1.74

P.Kane, RW, 2.55
    M.Marner, RW/C, 2.47

K.Connor, LW, 2.08
    K.Kaprizov, LW/RW, 1.81

J.Carlson, D, 2.39
    D.Hamilton, D, 2.19
    M.Heiskanen, D, 1.43

**Have J.Hughes (C/LW), T.Zegras (C/LW) and M.Seider (D) on farm graduating to roster next year

Realize Heiskanen looks like the outlier based on this year's production but good young D with the potential to be elite producers are the #1 asset in our league.

I'll also obviously look for any available 2-for-1 trade opportunities but most of our GMs are pretty risk-averse/reticent when it comes to trading.

Rep to anyone who can offer a little reasoning with their choice!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Who gets cut from this keeper list?

Any chance of trading Petterson for a draft pick upgrade? He’s a big name value guy, but C depth should be easier to fill than D depth I would think. Plus Marner having C dual eligibility heps replace him. Depending on what kind of D are usually available at the draft in your league vs the quality of C’s available each year I might think about that strategy. Even If no trades available, it might be reasonable. Pettersons 1.7ppg might not be that impressive vs other C’s, compared to Hieskenens 1.4ppg vs other D. I’d try to find a Canucks Fan and dangle for a small pick upgrade next year and see if they bite.